1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Saburo, some incredible pics, yet again. Nice way to kick off the New Year!

I got a new toy in late last week and have just now gotten a chance to play around a bit with it. It's a light tent setup with 3 massive lights to (hopefully) get my pics to a new level. The investment was modest and I'm wondering why I didn't do this ages ago.

Anyway, Saburo gave me some great tips and I think you'll appreciate this quick shot I did handheld when I was setting it up this evening:

attachicon.gifVF-25G Giant Light.JPG

I'll have more to share in the coming weeks, now that I've got some decent light sources.

Thank you mickyg and glad I could be of help.

That is a great shot! Its funny when you sent over the link of the light tent I thought the bulbs were regular sized, turns out they comically large.

Saburo, some incredible pics, yet again. Nice way to kick off the New Year!

I got a new toy in late last week and have just now gotten a chance to play around a bit with it. It's a light tent setup with 3 massive lights to (hopefully) get my pics to a new level. The investment was modest and I'm wondering why I didn't do this ages ago.

Anyway, Saburo gave me some great tips and I think you'll appreciate this quick shot I did handheld when I was setting it up this evening:

attachicon.gifVF-25G Giant Light.JPG

I'll have more to share in the coming weeks, now that I've got some decent light sources.

NIce! Can't wait to see more! Does the 135w bulbs get super hot after prolonged use? I had lower wattage bulbs (forgot the rating 65w or 85w) and used it for awhile (2 1/2 hours of mostly continuous use) and the base of the glass spiral warped. I thought I was being careful as I handle it with gloves as not to get oils from my fingers on the bulb or just grab the housing part only if I can.

They do indeed get hot. Not so hot they'd warp though. And I've done a quick teardown a few times now after they've been fully hot, and they're usually cool enough to handle within a minute or two. They're most definitely not high end, so maybe the more expensive ones are designed better? I'm also doubtful they're really 135watt, given how prevalent "sure, we'll put whatever you want on the side of it" manufacturers are these days.

Either way though, they most definitely do the trick for my needs!

By the way, you guys who do all the cool poses with your valks before you immortalise them in pictures, I have newfound respect for you! Posing the sniper valk around that silly light nearly drove me nuts! Get the leg right, the light falls over. Pose the light the way I want and then try to position an arm or leg, and a piece falls off. Get it all correct, then bump the table and the light falls over again. Good grief!

Edited by mickyg

Hahaha! Set the pose, set the lights, set the camera, don't move, don't breath, SHOOT! Wait, there's speck of dust I can see! Moves everything, only to bump valk that crumbles to ground. Redo everything only to find a bead of sweat on the valk from moving all the stuff. Redo all that again only to find a low battery signal. What else can go wrong? :p Crazy love for these valks I tell ya!

They do indeed get hot. Not so hot they'd warp though. And I've done a quick teardown a few times now after they've been fully hot, and they're usually cool enough to handle within a minute or two. They're most definitely not high end, so maybe the more expensive ones are designed better? I'm also doubtful they're really 135watt, given how prevalent "sure, we'll put whatever you want on the side of it" manufacturers are these days.

Either way though, they most definitely do the trick for my needs!

By the way, you guys who do all the cool poses with your valks before you immortalise them in pictures, I have newfound respect for you! Posing the sniper valk around that silly light nearly drove me nuts! Get the leg right, the light falls over. Pose the light the way I want and then try to position an arm or leg, and a piece falls off. Get it all correct, then bump the table and the light falls over again. Good grief!

Hahaha! Set the pose, set the lights, set the camera, don't move, don't breath, SHOOT! Wait, there's speck of dust I can see! Moves everything, only to bump valk that crumbles to ground. Redo everything only to find a bead of sweat on the valk from moving all the stuff. Redo all that again only to find a low battery signal. What else can go wrong? :p Crazy love for these valks I tell ya!

I also give the people who do dynamic poses a lot of credit, I like to keep everything consistent in my photos so everything looks nice and uniform. I'll sometimes do a few dynamic poses and it can get frustrating just like the both of you said. Set the pose and pray it doesn't fall over or a part falls off. hahaha

Thank you.

I have to say I prefer to display mine clean. Definitely looks more canon foddery! :D

I like them all dressed up. ;)

Huwaw!!! Love the photos Saburo. :wub:

By the way, when can we do some photoshoot on my Kaneda's Bike? ;)

Thank you no3ljm! I would love to take pics of your Kaneda's Bike, but if you send it to me it might want just stay here. ;):p

I noticed an error with the pics of the VF-25A x Super parts, a big omission so I retook some of the shots. In battroid mode I forgot to attach the chest armor. :o Didn't notice it till today when I was reviewing my pics. :o

@sh9000 Destroids!! :wub: :wub: :wub:

Edited by Saburo

Thank you no3ljm! I would love to take pics of your Kaneda's Bike, but if you send it to me it might want just stay here. ;):p

Don't worry. I'll put a GPS tracker or else you might send yours instead. Hahaha! :lol:

Imagine me, receiving a smaller Kaneda's bike after I sent the big one. Hahaha! :lol:

I've been considering picking up a 48 purely for its fighter dimensions.. though which variant or color scheme is the hard thing to decide. Also price and availability.

The 1/48 Low Vis (Navy gray) or VF-1J Stealth are must haves!!

Then again, these two are great suggestions as well. The CF VF-1A w/Fast Packs is the Ultimate in my book!

post-6180-0-27011700-1453448426.jpg

post-6180-0-44367900-1453448440.jpg

Guest davidwhangchoi

Then again, these two are great suggestions as well. The CF VF-1A w/Fast Packs is the Ultimate in my book!

wow those look great :wub:

from this image from Anymoon.com (thanks Jenius!) I'd say the Angel Bird and 25th anniversary are pretty much tied! But then again I also love Hikaru's color scheme and the CF!

But like you said the Navy grey and VF-1J stealth are pretty sweet too!

Yamato-148-Intro-1.jpg

Edited by spanner76