1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

*snip*

The VF-4 has such a unique transformation design. It really looks like it doesn't transform and for the longest time I had a hard time envisioning how it could go possibly from the fighter to battroid.

Yep! Don't be ashamed to post your photos! The more the merrier. It's more fun when everyone shares and it would get boring quick if only a few people contributed pics :)

I agree. VF-4 is a unique design. The only small gripe I have is the legs. They're so long. ^_^

*snip*

That is an amazing VF-4, the Flashback 2012 color scheme is so nice! :D

All photos are good photos! The boards would kinda plain without photos. :)

This man speaks the truth. :D

I couldn't have said it better. :)

Yeah, I like wmcheng's VF-4G. ;) Thanks also Saburo. ^_^ Hoping to post more photos soon. Got so busy lately with my kindergarten boy. Got to teach/volunteering Art Subject too on their class in the upcoming weeks. Hehehe. :lol:

VF-4G = :wub:

-b.

Thanks to you, b! ^_^ You're super! Got another one to sell? :lol:

Awesome photos all. Love the VF-4s.

no3ljm, your photos are great too. :) The 19 and 21 in-flight poses look great!

Thanks Falcon18! Glad you liked it. Got inspired on the blu-ray box art cover. ^_^

Edited by no3ljm

Finally got around to my other jewel of my collection, Yamato's 1/3000 SDF-1 DYRL. I finished some time ago, but I hadn't had the chance to photograph it. It took me literally months to put on the hundreds of tiny decals to give this monster the scale it deserves (I don't think I'll do that again for the upcoming 1/4000 Hasegawa version :p)

Hope you enjoy...

DSC 3099   resized

DSC 3100   resized

DSC 3101   resized

DSC 3103   resized

DSC 3108   resized

DSC 3111   resized

DSC 3124   resized

DSC 3125   resized

DSC 3130   resized

DSC 3106   resized

DSC 3119   resized

DSC 3133   resized

DSC 3136   resized

DSC 3137   resized

For those of you who forgot my ordeal... here's the original build-up thread:

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=34450&page=1

Finally got around to my other jewel of my collection, Yamato's 1/3000 SDF-1 DYRL. I finished some time ago, but I hadn't had the chance to photograph it. It took me literally months to put on the hundreds of tiny decals to give this monster the scale it deserves (I don't think I'll do that again for the upcoming 1/4000 Hasegawa version :p)

Hope you enjoy...

HOLY.... I am blown away, that is amazing WM!! :wub::hail:

Hope you enjoy...

Haha, applying all those decals was tedious wasn't it? Especially cutting them up to fit and randomizing them enough. I can't thank you enough for pointing me to those hull panel decals, btw. For me, I think half the time spent was trying to plan out where to put them. They really make a huge difference in the level of apparent detail though. That thread in general is just full of great ideas.

That SDF-1 is definitely something to be proud of. It's not just the other jewel in your collection, it's the crown jewel :)

... and argh, your pics reminded me that I have yet to put together those photo etch VF-1's... I keep putting it off because it's frustrating trying to work with something so tiny (yeah, yeah... cue the "that's what she said" comment).

I agree. VF-4 is a unique design. The only small gripe I have is the legs. They're so long. ^_^

Yeah, I like wmcheng's VF-4G. ;) Thanks also Saburo. ^_^ Hoping to post more photos soon. Got so busy lately with my kindergarten boy. Got to teach/volunteering Art Subject too on their class in the upcoming weeks. Hehehe. :lol:

Thanks to you, b! ^_^ You're super! Got another one to sell? :lol:

Thanks Falcon18! Glad you liked it. Got inspired on the blu-ray box art cover. ^_^

Ha, ha - NO!

And honestly I hope I'll be back on the hunt soon to buy another one, but that may be a couple of months down the road. B))

Hope you enjoy...

Seeing your pictures, especially for items that I have too is like a double-edged sword. One one hand I love seeing your work but on the other I start to look at my items and get mad at them for not looking as good. :lol:

-b.

WM Cheng, you SDF-1 DESERVES THEIR OWN THREAD... and in the Model Kit section!! I only knew about your kit when I see the facebook post, and I couldn't find it searching in the forums. So please post it in their own thread, if not we will not able to find these outstanding pictures in the future... please!!!

Thanks for all the Kudos!

I have a sticky up in the workshop thread;

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=691

It's also in my sig at the bottom of my post that I try to update in one place with all my threads - the initial SDF-1 build up thread is in there as well as all these recent Gallery pictures. Some of the earlier threads are gone or partially restored due to the various site outages, but the more recent stuff should be intact. I'm very glad this project is finally over, I get kind of obsessed when I'm in it to finish, and my schedule doesn't really allow for much modeling time anymore, so I'm very grateful to finish this one finally.

So beautiful... brings a tear to my eyes. So lucky that you have your VF-25S (so envious that you can call it quits!). It really does complete the set. That's what I'm waiting for, I never got my own pre-order but I hope that wonderful kind soul technoblue who offered me one of his from HLJ comes through... then I can call it quits too and be done with the Bandai shenanigans.

Thanks guys!

Did a shot with SMS Skull squadron geared up. I'm kinda bummed because I noticed that the stupid shield adapter for the RVF must have fallen off at some point while it was in fighter mode and now I can't find it... sigh... I had to stick the shield on with putty instead -_-

SMS_Skull_Squadron_Armoured.jpg

Awesome Skull Squadron MJ! This is the configuration I'm hoping to have before the end of the year. Its all going to be stock paint though. Hehe!

Too bad about your shield adapter. Hope you find it! Keeping track of those small pieces are just killer. :-(

So beautiful... brings a tear to my eyes. So lucky that you have your VF-25S (so envious that you can call it quits!). It really does complete the set. That's what I'm waiting for, I never got my own pre-order but I hope that wonderful kind soul technoblue who offered me one of his from HLJ comes through... then I can call it quits too and be done with the Bandai shenanigans.

If only I could call it quits... I'm sure there will be another valk to buy sometime in the future. Especially given the inevitable release of the next Macross series which will cause my obsessive compulsive desire to collect more valks and variants to kick in again... I don't even have the display space anymore! I already know there's still the RVF-171 coming and the eventual VF-0D. I've provisioned space for them by re-working my layout a bit, but I think that may be it in terms of available cabinet space. Hope that VF-25S comes through for you!

Awesome Skull Squadron MJ! This is the configuration I'm hoping to have before the end of the year. Its all going to be stock paint though. Hehe!

Too bad about your shield adapter. Hope you find it! Keeping track of those small pieces are just killer. :-(

I finally found the adapter piece! I was being too clever and outwitted myself. I had forgotten that I had taken it off and stuck it on a piece of masking tape along with the other parts that had to be removed for the super parts and stuck it in a plastic baggie to keep them from being lost...

I would have too but the stands I had available to use along with the adapters I was able to locate determined my placement of them somewhat. I had to make the best of it with what I had. Perhaps I need to get some of Chaos Yeti's stands next time more are available.

I had a similar problem when setting the Alto squadron shot, I did have YetiStands but I was 1 short so I had to use the YF-29 Focker stand so the placement of the naked VF-25F wasn't as good as I would have liked. I would recommend getting YetiStands. :D 4 of them is a nice number. ;)

Edited by Saburo