1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Just where did you get those VF-4's from and who's the manufacturer?

They're from the Bandai 1/250 scale Macross Fighter Collection. Saw 3 from a seller on eBay and bought one and liked it so much I bought the last 2 from him too. They were pretty marked up but I love the VF-4 so much I just closed my eyes and clicked "send payent".

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks dude!! I agree, they're no where near as poseable as the Yamato toys, however the price is right for the size, details not to shabby, fun to make customs with and you can buy a Phalanx and Spartan!! :D

Exactly! I found the Defender & Tomahawk at a local shop for under $20 MISB each. Once they got panel-lined & decaled they look great.

AND yes... I definately have to get a Phalanx & a Spartan. Got to complete the Destroid set. Atleast Matchbox had the decency to put 4 out of 5 Destroids in the same scale.... (im talking to you Yamato <_< )

Exactly! I found the Defender & Tomahawk at a local shop for under $20 MISB each. Once they got panel-lined & decaled they look great.

AND yes... I definately have to get a Phalanx & a Spartan. Got to complete the Destroid set. Atleast Matchbox had the decency to put 4 out of 5 Destroids in the same scale.... (im talking to you Yamato <_< )

Ain't got nothin to do with decency and everything to do with "...did anyone else buy these things at full price?" I sure as hell didn't! ...however, now that the olive drab Tomahawk is on sale at 38% off, it's lookin more and more enticing!

What I'm trying to say is, don't blame Yamato, blame guys like me :)

Edited by xrentonx

Yeah. I would prefer the regular olive drab too. I was never a Defender fan so that's an easy pass. If Destroids were as sexy as Valks, I'm sure more would be made. As it stands, if we're talkin OG Macross, I'll only go for a Tomahawk or Monster.

Definitely 1/60 V.2!! The first two I have ever owned and there will be more to come, I own eight of the 1/48 scale Valks & 10 of the older V.1 1/60's. Every time I was going to get a new 1/60 V.2 my money ended up going else where (Bills, repairs, you know non-fun stuff) but I decided to get these guys and see what the hype was all about, I get it now and they are one very solid very awesome toy. Next purchase Fast packs!! :D

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, my first 3 sets of 1/48 super&strike parts, the stealth ones look great on roy`s valk. finally 3 of my 5 1/48 valks have fast packs. these sets are brand new, I already put the misiles on 2 of them. I will keep one without them.

I am really amazed by the size of these accesories, had it already on 1/60 v2 but in this scale is awesome.

post-12890-0-89396000-1335959515_thumb.jpg

Nice pics valkfighter, Roy's Valkyrie looks really deadly with those Stealth Fast packs on. I have a few of the 1/60 V.2's and they are impressive, but something about the size & detail of the 1/48's' still makes them my favorite!!

There was once a member on here who got a divorce but was unable to get his stuff due to a restraining order and he had a ton of customs. The ex wife put all his stuff on eBay. There were a few of use who didn't want to bid, but I know someone did and it was a group of valks including a custom. That was a sad story and remember it clearly.

I'm not sure if anyone else remembers that situation.