1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Finally decded to get Basara off his kneeling pose and into this pose I did not think of doing in the first place, plus I finally got around to transforming my Millia 22S from Gerwalk Mode to Batroid Mode. Must say the the legs are still as loose as ever,I might have to use doublesided tape just to keep the feet from sliding under it's own weight, I'll make sure it's removable double-side tape. And I do believe that someone mentioned that she cannot stay in her seat when the seat is rotated back in Battroid Mode, cause I am having that problem now keeping her upright.

102_0877.jpg

102_0886.jpg

102_0887.jpg

102_0888.jpg

102_0881.jpg

102_0883.jpg

102_0884.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

• 2 weeks later...

i realize i'm beginning to get rather redundant with this, but;

my 1/72 HCM VF-1J, with a new set of more realistic decals in place of the originals,

as well as some paint detailing;

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-112.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-11.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-113.jpg

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-114.jpg

i've really come, in the six-odd months since i first bought it, to appreciate the HCM

for it's unique, fantastic look and feel, flaws and all.

it has come to the point where the HCM has become as indispensable to me as my 1/60v.II

of the same VF-1 variant.

as vastly superior as the YAMATO 1/60 is, in pretty much every way conceivable,

the HCM, for me, anyway, possesses a fantastic, retro-sentimental feel

that invokes serious feelings of deja-vu in me, as if i had owned one as a child,

despite the fact that i can assure you that the closest thing i actualy had to it in my youth

was a copy of the REVELL ROBOTECH repackage of the IMAI 1/72 VF-1S Variable Type.

i guess the fact that my memories if that model are so fleeting,

and the HCM is so similar to it, in all the ways that my memory happens to recall,

that for all intents and purposes i might as well have been one of the three HCMs

that was in my childish, destructive hands for so short a time all those years ago.

in sum, i'm most glad and thankful to have the tiny collection i have here so far.

it's everything i had wanted so very badly ten years ago, when all of the most desirable VF-1 items out there

commanded sums well above what i could have ever hoped to afford then.

with the core of my MACROSS passion well taken care of, it is time for me to focus on my other MACROSS interests.

sometime this year i'm hoping to be able to pick up either the YF-19 or VF-11C that i want so badly.

hell, even the new VF-19kai is starting to look attractive to me, although i do not believe i'd be able

to justify it's price tag unless i could find it down the line at some fantastic bargain price.

at any rate, we'll see. i'm having a difficult time at present getting the funds together

to afford any of these other VFs i want so badly, but i'm not about to give up on them!!

Edited by Shaorin

Gee I was begining to think that this thread was becoming redundant itself. anyway here are some pics that I never uploaded on to photobucket account.I just so happens I was reviewing all of the photos on digi camera looking over some pics of the new figure I gotten last week and I found them. Thought I had uploaded them, but here they are. BTW Shaorin, why is the radome on the jetpack on your HCM VF-1J clear red?

Isamu and Sheryl

102_0891.jpg

Basara and Armored Klang

102_0893.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

BTW Shaorin, why is the radome on the jetpack on your HCM VF-1J clear red?

it's not a transparent pigment. it's TAMIYA COLOR X-7 RED, same as all the other red-toned details i've applied to the model.

i ruined the Radome insert piece prying it out of the cavity to gain access to the screw

so i could dismantle the back pack module so i could tighten up the tail fin joints.

after i finished up, i painted the entire cavity red in order to reflect the color scheme established with the 1/60v.II;

220039246_o.jpg

perhaps i could figure out a way to scratchbuild a new Radome insert one of these days,

but for now, this is how the HCM remains;

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-113.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

'kay, you done inspired me! i dug out one of my old IMAI/BANDAI 1/72s, and carefully kitbashed it's existing back pack module Radome

to fit into the HCM's empty slot;

HCMVF-1JJohn7-11-115.jpg

i had to make sure it fit VERY shallow to the back pack's top surface, all but totally flush, so that it wouldn't interfere

with the close proximity (pretty much hugging one another)

of the top surface of the back pack module and the stowed arm units in FIGHTER mode.

i managed to get it perfect; it looks and works great!!

Edited by Shaorin

*PICS*

Very cool! - I especially like the Low Visibility 1S with clear Fast Packs.

I also wish we'd see more pics with the Thunder Hummer (sp), with all of the talented customizers on the boards I was hoping to see some original, or detailed, paint schemes.

-b.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the Special Quality Sheryl Black & White Bunny figure today from a guy in Joliet Illinois for a cheap price. He had 7 of them now 6 on Ebay. At first I wasn't going to get it so I kept it on my Want List for a while and did not go back on Ebay for awhile. That was until my Ebay bucks certificate from past purchases popped into my e-mail last month. So I used it before it expired this month to puchase it which brought it down some. Of cource that was last week on Thursday. I must say it's smaller than the other Banpresto figures and smelly too, must be the paint.

102_0972.jpg

102_0975.jpg

102_0976.jpg

102_0977.jpg

102_0978.jpg

102_0979.jpg

102_0982.jpg

102_0983.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

Awesome Sheryl's VF-18s!! I had to reorganize the bookcase again as room is getting tight, just got a new 1/48 Angel Bird, such a sexy bird and when duty calls she looks bad-ass armed up!! Also a good excuse to put all my 2-seaters together! B))

post-6180-0-64493400-1311790004_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-08969900-1311790037_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-29779500-1311790058_thumb.jpg

Awesome Sheryl's VF-18s!! I had to reorganize the bookcase again as room is getting tight, just got a new 1/48 Angel Bird, such a sexy bird and when duty calls she looks bad-ass armed up!! Also a good excuse to put all my 2-seaters together! B))

nice panel lines on the Angel Bird....not sure if I could do that to that one! It being exclusive and all.. :blink:

shot from the top for us????

Edited by derex3592

Wow!!! that is tight, and it's gonna get even tighter with the upcomming VF-17 and VF-19 S/F/P. BTW I'm surprised that Yamato did't put a face on the pilot figure considering the Angel Birds flew in the Atmosphere during that airshow over the Macross, they didn't have the space helmets on. BTW thanks for the complement.

I'll post some extra pics in the morning for you! I think Yamato only made their pilots as the space helmet type, I have a 1/48 Cannon Fodder and its the same pilot, but agreed as we the Angel Bird pilots clearly in the series with Atmospheric helmets. And your welcome, those Sheryl's are sick, one day I'll have to get one or two of them myself! B))

Cause you asked Derex! :D

post-6180-0-28121800-1311873864_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-48862200-1311873886_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-35467700-1311873893_thumb.jpg

Edited by 505thAirborne

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got around to transforming my Max 22S after having it fighter mode on a stand for months since I got it. Hands went numb transforming it in to Gerwalk mode

102_1004.jpg

102_1003.jpg

102_1005.jpg

102_1006.jpg

102_1013.jpg

102_1015.jpg

102_1016.jpg

Edited by VF-18S Hornet

couldn't be helped

I’ve started to not to be bothered by that gap, partly because it’s a very small detail in a really fantastic toy –and I kind of got used to it-, and partly because it was probably meant to be like this in the first place:

post-12283-0-01442600-1313477959_thumb.jpg post-12283-0-82311800-1313477965_thumb.jpg