1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Have you ever considered creating a museum space for these?

The last pic of the underbelly is my favorite as it show the beautiful curve of the gullet.

Amazing work as always.

Happy to know you like it!

No, I haven't considered creating a museum space for my collection. Haha.

Though I think I need a bigger display cabinet. Well, I need an intact display case, period... Some years ago, one of the front sliding doors shattered into a million pieces from a bit of vibration, sending glass shards all over the room. That was fun...

Hopefully, it me day you will get a cabinet that will accommodate your amazing skills and collection.  

Would you mind sharing a recent update of your displayed items. Always loved seeing your individual items, but I don’t recollect ever seeing group shots.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:01 PM, MacrossJunkie said:

Finally got around to start doing Delta era valks. Weathered my Hayate VF-31AX. Took a few pics in fighter mode. Will do the other modes later when the clear coat has dried more.

52306256057_d8ac895c7a_o.jpg52307508055_f94997f042_o.jpg52307441453_0bc75ce56a_o.jpg

Okay, I lied. Decided to YOLO and transform it anyway. 

52306527837_679367bee2_o.jpg52307713163_04eaa5d718_o.jpg52307250526_51e0f645fc_o.jpg52307766719_e3e4258a10_o.jpg52307250476_45b5cb796d_o.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

1 hour ago, nightmareB4macross said:

Hopefully, it me day you will get a cabinet that will accommodate your amazing skills and collection.  

Would you mind sharing a recent update of your displayed items. Always loved seeing your individual items, but I don’t recollect ever seeing group shots.

Right now, they're scattered around in various detolfs around the house until I can find a new display cabinet and everything's a mess. 

This was the last one I had with the cabinet intact from years ago. I had some stuff to the side also, like my SDF-1 and I forget what else.

Not only do I need to find a new case, I need to also figure out how to dispose of the old one.

With the cost of shipping and gas these days, it will probably cost as much to ship a new display case...

DSC_6996.thumb.jpg.bd7c6dde76e48626406fee5e28a569ef.jpg

6 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Right now, they're scattered around in various detolfs around the house until I can find a new display cabinet and everything's a mess. 

This was the last one I had with the cabinet intact from years ago. I had some stuff to the side also, like my SDF-1 and I forget what else.

Not only do I need to find a new case, I need to also figure out how to dispose of the old one.

With the cost of shipping and gas these days, it will probably cost as much to ship a new display case...

DSC_6996.thumb.jpg.bd7c6dde76e48626406fee5e28a569ef.jpg

Wow. They look incredible.

The VF-17S and D are some of my favorites.

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/23/2022 at 11:27 PM, EastwindS2k said:

Hi friends :)

307393001_VF19P1.jpg.3ceae6305deda05aaf599a1caf447e7e.jpg

Looks great with the stickers trimmed and applied and the added panel lining. Good job 👍

1 hour ago, treatment said:

Lol! 

Fiddly as heck either way, but still much prefer it with the SAP on instead of without...

Yeah, I have three HMR's. The Monster, Spartan, and the VF-2SS. The first two were pretty good. The latter was trash, imo.

It felt so cheap and disappointing. I really regretted getting it. Even the SAP didn't save it for me.

21 minutes ago, EastwindS2k said:

I got it from Taobao.com (Chinese Ebay). Maybe you can ask one of the Macross decal sellers from China (on our Ebay) and see if they have it.  

IMG_5775.JPG.60f4df91abeec822e831887f81662c5c.JPG 

Too late for me, as I've stickered and weathered my 19P many years ago, but I really appreciate knowing that there are other decals sets out there beyond what's available on eBay.

7 hours ago, treatment said:

Still waiting on my Arcadia 1/60 Tommy, but the original 1/60 yammie will do for now..

Is there something different/improved about the Arcadia version that makes the Yamato one merely a stand in?

I haven't been paying much attention to the Tomahawk release, so I'm genuinely curious.

14 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

Is there something different/improved about the Arcadia version that makes the Yamato one merely a stand in?

I haven't been paying much attention to the Tomahawk release, so I'm genuinely curious.

Tomahawk-thread here:

per that video, the new Tommy seems to have clicky/detented waist now...

14 hours ago, MacrossJunkie said:

13 minutes ago, treatment said:

Other than the waist, it appears the joints in hips, ankles and feet have been tightened considerably. Pose-ability now greatly improved now without risk of toppling over like Yamato's.

One of the chest cannons now have proper hole at the tip, matching the rest of them. 

4 hours ago, treatment said:

Tomahawk-thread here:

4 hours ago, MKT said:

Other than the waist, it appears the joints in hips, ankles and feet have been tightened considerably. Pose-ability now greatly improved now without risk of toppling over like Yamato's.

One of the chest cannons now have proper hole at the tip, matching the rest of them. 

Thanks for the summaries, guys!

Oddly enough, it seems that mine is still pretty tight and can be put into awkward positions on one foot. I'm a little tempted to get another one now that I think about it.

The one I have was one of my starting weathering attempts and I'd like to see how much better I could do now. 

On 11/6/2022 at 10:34 AM, treatment said:

14m Battroids per Bandai's HM-R  1/whatever line...

14m-battroids-per-bandai.jpg

The right one really deserves to have a DX version. :wub:  If Bandai is not going to continue their YF-21, I don't mind them doing the VF-2SS first. But keep it in scale with their DX VF-1's. :spiteful:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

The right one really deserves to have a DX version. :wub:  If Bandai is not going to continue their YF-21, I don't mind them doing the VF-2SS first. But keep it in scale with their DX VF-1's. :spiteful:

A 1/48 VF-2SS? I'd buy it, even if it's one of my least favorite valks. 

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

A 1/48 VF-2SS? I'd buy it, even if it's one of my least favorite valks. 

Same. I can't say it's one of my favorite designs, but I wouldn't mind a high quality version. It would probably require some ingenuity at least on the level of Sentinel's Legioss to get it to look right.