1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

10 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Since I'm moving in the fall, I'm going to start slowly packing up my valkyrie collection over the next couple of months in preparation for the move instead of trying to box them all up at one time. :blink:

I'll photograph some as I go along. Guess I'll start with the YF-30 since it's a favorite of mine and it's been on my mind with all the recent tomato soup talk. :lol:

51328675897_941eb0d2a3_o.jpg

51330131809_85e5805535_o.jpg

Great pics, the YF-30 is one of my favorite valks!

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

:wub:  Love the white landing gear. 

@Lolicon :good: 

I knew a man of your refined tastes would like them. :D

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Oooishi look! @Lolicon :good:

Thanks! :)

1 hour ago, borgified said:

That's a non Tomato Soup YF-30, unless you want to make it a Tom Yum version with extra hot spices and extra shrimp sauce right @Lolicon:lol:

LOL maybe one of these days I'll do that with my spare YF-30. :lol:

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Great pics, the YF-30 is one of my favorite valks!

Mine too. A shame it was a one-off and Bandai never bothered to milk the mold with other variants. I guess the Rod 29 sales were underwhelming and Bandai just abandoned further Macross 30 projects.

21 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Lovely. :wub: 

But don't be so harsh, @Lolicon. Prison? Let's settle with Styrofoam 'Bed' instead. ;)

I like that! Like how Han Solo was placed in a comfortable carbonite bed for his trip to Jabba's palace. :D

20 hours ago, borgified said:

I keep pushing off on getting Mr. Banana Ears @Lolicon as it's either him or Ozma's are the two that I like the most.  Hopefully that my slacking off will get one of the two sooner or later. :mellow:

Yeah the "ears" are warped on mine too. Took Bandai awhile to figure out how to mold straight surfaces, it seems.

Ozma is my favorite 29 variant, following by Isamu. But after the huge hassle of detailing Alto's YF-29, I don't want to deal with any 29s again. :unsure:

So, the VF-171 has got to be the cursed child of the VF toy line. Bandai got her started off on the wrong foot with the wonky leg design and stupid removable wings. Then the exploding shoulder triangle thing happened.

Now after sitting on its Yeti stand unveventfully for years, the adapter snapped in half one day out of the blue and she took a tumble, scraping a bunch of paint off her feet.

1371267382_brokenadapter.jpg.1bc0e60385715d6f30baa0af5cc138fa.jpg

So back she goes into her box until I can fix her, someday. :huh:

51335442784_eb124b3990_o.jpg

21 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

^ Ouch. Sorry to hear about that @Lolicon. It looks like the safe place for our collectibles is just to stay in their Styrofoam 'Beds'. :unsure:

Well, with Yeti gone indefinitely, I'm going to have to start using the default stands for Bandai valks and track down old Yamato stands (unless Arcadia reissues theirs).

I guess that Walkure stand that comes with the 31AX will have to grow on me... :lol:

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Well, with Yeti gone indefinitely, I'm going to have to start using the default stands for Bandai valks and track down old Yamato stands (unless Arcadia reissues theirs).

I guess that Walkure stand that comes with the 31AX will have to grow on me... :lol:

use the plastic welding superglue to glue the separate pieces together and then drill/dremel out several paperclip diameter holes at different angles, inject said holes with superglue and insert paperclip through hole, cut ends off, let dry and then you have a metal pin reinforced Yeti Stand Adapter.  I've had to do that to at least two of mine that have broken over the years.

Edited by levzloi

47 minutes ago, levzloi said:

use the plastic welding superglue to glue the separate pieces together and then drill/dremel out several paperclip diameter holes at different angles, inject said holes with superglue and insert paperclip through hole, cut ends off, let dry and then you have a metal pin reinforced Yeti Stand Adapter.  I've had to do that to at least two of mine that have broken over the years.

Thanks! I'll try that fix.

I've repaired a few adapters over the years as well. I was actually thinking of all the new valks coming down the pipeline that I will have no Yeti stands for. :(

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks! I'll try that fix.

I've repaired a few adapters over the years as well. I was actually thinking of all the new valks coming down the pipeline that I will have no Yeti stands for. :(

No problem, it's not the prettiest, but these adapters are usually in hard to see locations anyway.  Also find some large heavy duty paperclips, the small ones may not fill the dremal drill hole.  In the case below, I was going for robust, not pretty.

IMG_5510.JPG

Edited by levzloi

1 hour ago, levzloi said:

No problem, it's not the prettiest, but these adapters are usually in hard to see locations anyway.  Also find some large heavy duty paperclips, the small ones may not fill the dremal drill hole.  In the case below, I was going for robust, not pretty.

IMG_5510.JPG

Nice. Yeah I'm not concerned if the adapter itself is scratched up or anything, as long as it does its job.

Oh, and the canopy of the 171 popped off its hinge. :blink:

2090342479_brokencanopy.jpg.d56fb6f0f28b633adae35ec42056fa16.jpg

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Kairos going back to her plastic prison. Next time I take her out she'll be joined by her younger, hotter(?) sister. :rolleyes:

51356234706_0447454220_o.jpg

50840305086_1b785f2a6e_o.jpg

Not a big fan collector of cannon fodders Valk. But with Kairos, I made an exemption. :wub: 

45 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

As an aside, how much does a 31C go for these days?

267230891_31Cprice.jpg.e2e1bca76ca27d03c59825d793c39f97.jpg

Wow! That's a nice catch! :shok:

Is that the latest price for secondary market? That is, assuming that it's not an old photo. Hehehe. :lol: 

But then, how much is the 31C Supers nowadays too?

1 hour ago, borgified said:

@no3Ljm - Rough estimates on the "Next Best Girl's" 31c on the secondary market: 40-ish+k yen. Her Super set is going at 30k yen.  

Thanks! So with 31C that @Lolicon posted, with Supers around that amount, total cost ends up at Y40K+/-. Still not bad. ;) 

13 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

One of these days Bandai will turn its brain back on & do a re-issue of these. You don't have to be a Delta fan to appreciate this amazing Valk!

I'm still probably going to end getting one if they're going to reissue that. But hopefully they can give us option to change the codex number and not another 'a03'. An Arad's version is ok but I prefer the Kairos cannon fodder. ;) 

13 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Wow! That's a nice catch! :shok:

Is that the latest price for secondary market? That is, assuming that it's not an old photo. Hehehe. :lol: 

But then, how much is the 31C Supers nowadays too?

Nah, it's a pic from awhile back. Found it in a random shop while browsing in Tokyo. ;)

10 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

One of these days Bandai will turn its brain back on & do a re-issue of these. You don't have to be a Delta fan to appreciate this amazing Valk!

It'd be nice if they reissued it under a different modex number too.

I've packed up a number of my valks now and I must say I absolutely hate Bandai's cheap ass styrofoam and plastic wrap packaging. Took them too damn long to adopt plastic trays like Yamato was using since forever.