change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

12 hours ago, vlenhoff said:

Nice, I missed this somehow. 

:drinks:

2 hours ago, sqidd said:

This turned out pretty good. I still need to paint the missile ports/doors black and maybe put some kites on the boosters.

IMG_6195.JPG.1f493437cf2822cacaf8b543eb68bcaf.JPGIMG_6196.JPG.3511424f1e9971fbdf29450c0749c6a4.JPGIMG_6197.JPG.60bc330fc0a558019d4c8a757ecaec64.JPGIMG_6198.JPG.eecdfab945d008fe55f6ae92b999319b.JPG

Looks cool.  That scheme is on my to do list of custom HMR VF-1s but now I can make some green Strike Parts to go with it.

1 minute ago, Corrinald said:

You matched the woodland greens really well. Nicely done!

Luck of the draw.

I'm working on the right grey for some SSP's now. I'm waiting on my third color to show up right now. I'm going to have a lot of grey!:p

Finally had some free time (and finished FF7) so I got around to fixing up my Angel Birds 1A, something I've been meaning to do for a few years now. :lol:

Since she's a show plane, I kept her clean and gave her a glossy finish. I also kept the markings to a minimum, as I found out through my cursory research that air show planes tend to have very few markings.

Couple of quick battroid pics.

49823562956_d81b38fd4f_o.jpg

49823882802_5f665fe217_o.jpg

49823882737_3deded6423_o.jpg

9 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Thanks guys! 8)

It'd be cool to get this in 1/48, but I'm not holding my breath on Bandai actually doing it. :unknw:

Fighter mode. It was harder than I thought trying to capture that shiny new car finish in pics. I think I should give the fan racer a glossy finish too, being an amateur civilian aircraft.

49823997721_4542867bef_o.jpg

49823469358_e6d1b1f508_o.jpg

49823469238_44c12fd19b_o.jpg

49824084198_4d71c956d8_o.jpg

You got the light reflecting on it in that last shot very nicely! Shiny!

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Well that makes my AngelBird look like complete crap now ....THANKS LOLICON! :p:lol:

I don't think I've ever seen yours. Share! B))

5 hours ago, Saburo said:

49819751627_30e0e0e2dc_h.jpg

One day I'd like to get close to your level of photo taking. :hi:

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

You got the light reflecting on it in that last shot very nicely! Shiny!

Thanks! I switched to my phone camera for that last pic so I could freely move around to catch the light just right. Hard to do that with a camera mounted on a tripod. :lol:

Now I kinda want to gloss coat all my Delta squadron valks. They all look like show planes and Xaos (Chaos?) is the worst military contractor ever.

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I don't think I've ever seen yours. Share! B))

Thanks! I switched to my phone camera for that last pic so I could freely move around to catch the light just right. Hard to do that with a camera mounted on a tripod. :lol:

Now I kinda want to gloss coat all my Delta squadron valks. They all look like show planes and Xaos (Chaos?) is the worst military contractor ever.

LOL! Yeah, camera phones are getting better and better too. I still prefer the old tripod and Mirrorless DSLR though.

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

I am sure you will surpass me, your shots are great.  Keep it up! :good:

2 hours ago, Slave IV said:

LOL! Yeah, camera phones are getting better and better too. I still prefer the old tripod and Mirrorless DSLR though.

I agree camera phones are definitely getting better.  I'll stick to DSLR, can't beat the the large image sensor.

Of the many 1/60's I didn't get back in the Yamato days was the Angel Bird, a definite regret. Oh well, I'll have to live vicariously through @Lolicon pics! :lol:

@Saburo Great shots, every time I tell myself I'm not a big fan of the YF-29's I see your pics... must resist buying a Roy version! :D

8 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Of the many 1/60's I didn't get back in the Yamato days was the Angel Bird, a definite regret. Oh well, I'll have to live vicariously through @Lolicon pics! :lol:

@Saburo Great shots, every time I tell myself I'm not a big fan of the YF-29's I see your pics... must resist buying a Roy version! :D

Haha yeah the Angel Bird doesn't pop up for sale very often on secondary sites. Mine came still in the brown shipper box that included the fan racer kit. ^_^

There's a Cavaliers on Mandarake right now... for 40k! Too rich for my blood for a valk that was seen for two seconds. If it was half that price I might have bought it.

https://order.mandarake.co.jp/order/detailPage/item?itemCode=1136805643&ref=list&keyword=マクロス

9 minutes ago, sumyumgoy said:

The glossy finish came out great @Lolicon

Thanks! Of course now I have to be very careful and gentle when I transform it so it doesn't get covered in visible scratches. :huh: