1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

My pictures certainly aren't up to the standards of this thread. I did just paint some SSP's black to go with a Low Vis (first time I have done something like this) and it looks pretty sweet so I thought I would post. I think they may look better than the Stealth SSP's which I was planning on putting on here.

IMG_6144.thumb.JPG.c01aeb1869df15b86fa8ffdc6edc58c4.JPGIMG_6145.thumb.JPG.03b0c76a0e0be589057883473a045ef2.JPGIMG_6146.thumb.JPG.2dd3d7675ae46a3ca38ddb049af45da6.JPGIMG_6147.thumb.JPG.866ee59276c73b25ba926a1dce7c8a1a.JPG

19 minutes ago, ErikElvis said:

Looks good. Did you just spray paint the packs?

Yeah, disassembled them, washed them, put them on about a million toothpicks stuck in foam and spray bombed them. Looks pretty good. I could do a better job the second time around. True with just about anything.

I'm thinking a dark grey may have been even cooler now. I have another Low Vis in Battroid. Maybe I'll do grey packs on that one. That may drive my flavor of crazy crazy though. My point on the spectrum says everything must match.:p

On 4/17/2020 at 2:03 PM, sqidd said:

My pictures certainly aren't up to the standards of this thread. I did just paint some SSP's black to go with a Low Vis (first time I have done something like this) and it looks pretty sweet so I thought I would post. I think they may look better than the Stealth SSP's which I was planning on putting on here.

IMG_6145.thumb.JPG.03b0c76a0e0be589057883473a045ef2.JPG

Now that looks different!

I would have never though about putting the black SSP (or the OG SSP from the Stealth VF-1J) on the Low Vis 1a.  Which makes me think... Can't wait till you get the other 1/48 Yammie and maybe try something funky on it.

Sorry folks... Can't tell you what it is, however I'll let @sqidd reveal it when he gets it in hand and I gave him a heads up on it. ;)

5 minutes ago, borgified said:

Now that looks different!

I would have never though about putting the black SSP (or the OG SSP from the Stealth VF-1J) on the Low Vis 1a. 

I was going to use the Stealth SSP's and looked for them for about 2mo. Right before I was going to paint these someone contacted me with some Stealth SSP's for sale......but I had to take the Stealth Valk too. I figured what the "H", it was a fair price and bought them. Painted these in the meantime. I think the all black actually works better than the Stealth packs. I guess I have an extra Stealth with packs now. First world problems I suppose.:rolleyes:

Paint test in a couple of days when it sows up on that other project. Hopefully that works out like planned.:good:

11 hours ago, Bolt said:

Sweet!

Dude!

3 hours ago, Bub said:

Nice. :wub:

It was fun. i can spot some mistakes now, but i am not sure i'll revisit it. 

51 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Another angle of the Double Strike Valkyrie
49801620198_aca3f37a8b_h.jpg

It is got the high beams on! Beautifully shot Saburo!

12 hours ago, Bolt said:

Sweet!

4 hours ago, Bub said:

Nice. :wub:

52 minutes ago, VF-18S Hornet said:

Wow so real, nice job.

Thanks to @vlenhoff for the combined effort.  :good:

51 minutes ago, vlenhoff said:

Dude!

It was fun. i can spot some mistakes now, but i am not sure i'll revisit it. 

Looks good to me.  I’m keeping your animated pic saved to my phone.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

Thanks to @vlenhoff for the combined effort.  :good:

Looks good to me.  I’m keeping your animated pic saved to my phone.

With our powers combined! Good, careful attention to the camera angles, well done @sh9000. Thanks, you inspired me! [now if it was shot against blue or green screen... it would make it easier, but it was fun nonetheless]

I might have to set up a blue screen here, and try some more stop motion.

edit in: I also have a copy of it in my phone, lol.

Edited by vlenhoff

1 hour ago, vlenhoff said:

With our powers combined! Good, careful attention to the camera angles, well done @sh9000. Thanks, you inspired me! [now if it was shot against blue or green screen... it would make it easier, but it was fun nonetheless]

I might have to set up a blue screen here, and try some more stop motion.

edit in: I also have a copy of it in my phone, lol.

:drinks:

:friends: