1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Apologies for some of the fuzzy pics here and don't know if was done before.

Had the time to open my copy of the low vis 1/48 VF-1a and take snaps of it with the regular 1/48 Supers.

Edit; Battroid to follow (depending on time).

DSC01053.jpg

DSC01054.jpg

DSC01058.jpg

DSC01059.jpg

Edited by borgified

16 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Roy vs Isamu: who wins? :o

1175270956_royvsisamu.jpg.895adff046926811ced4a7a54ab0ad0d.jpg

Interesting question.

If we assume that the missiles equipped on both fighters are of equivalent capabilities (destructive yields, maneuverability, target tracking, etc.), then I see the following factors that should be considered.

1.) The YF-22 was shown to be much faster than a VF-11, which I will assume to be at least as fast as a VF-1.  Assuming that the YF-19 is approximately as fast as the YF-22, then Isamu has a major speed advantage over Roy.

2.) The YF-19 has an arm shield equipped with a pin-point barrier.

3.) The YF-19 has a larger silhouette than the VF-1, which I see as being probably Ismau's biggest disadvantage.  The YF-19's larger profile could potentially even expose more area for Roy to shoot at than what the arm shield can cover at any particular moment.

This is assuming no super/strike parts or fast packs.

Regarding super/strike parts and fast packs, I think Roy's VF-1 gains more benefit from them than Ismau's YF-19 does. 

1.) VF-1 Super/Strike parts provide armor coverage that conceals more proportional surface area than YF-19's Fast Packs do.

2.) I have not seen any evidence that YF-19's Fast Packs contribute to its weapons load out. However, both VF-1's Super and Strike parts substantially increases the fighter's firepower.

3.) I do not believe the YF-19's Fast Packs contribute to the fighter's speed or maneuverability. However, the VF-1's Super/Strike parts do at least provide greater thrust.

If we assume that Isamu's YF-19 has a big performance advantage over Roy's VF-1 when both are not equipped with Fast Packs, or Super/Strike parts, then I would contend that when those accessories are included, Isamu's advantage would be cut down, possibly significantly. I am not sure that Roy would ever had an advantage of Isamu when it comes to their planes, with the exception of the size difference, but with Super/Strike parts and Fast Packs equipped, maybe it will be a close fight... maybe?

12 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Interesting question.

If we assume that the missiles equipped on both fighters are of equivalent capabilities (destructive yields, maneuverability, target tracking, etc.), then I see the following factors that should be considered.

1.) The YF-22 was shown to be much faster than a VF-11, which I will assume to be at least as fast as a VF-1.  Assuming that the YF-19 is approximately as fast as the YF-22, then Isamu has a major speed advantage over Roy.

3.) The YF-19 has a larger silhouette than the VF-1, which I see as being probably Ismau's biggest disadvantage.  The YF-19's larger profile could potentially even expose more area for Roy to shoot at than what the arm shield can cover at any particular moment.

Regarding super/strike parts and fast packs, I think Roy's VF-1 gains more benefit from them than Ismau's YF-19 does. 

1.) VF-1 Super/Strike parts provide armor coverage that conceals more proportional surface area than YF-19's Fast Packs do.

2.) I have not seen any evidence that YF-19's Fast Packs contribute to its weapons load out. However, both VF-1's Super and Strike parts substantially increases the fighter's firepower.

3.) I do not believe the YF-19's Fast Packs contribute to the fighter's speed or maneuverability. However, the VF-1's Super/Strike parts do at least provide greater thrust.

If we assume that Isamu's YF-19 has a big performance advantage over Roy's VF-1 when both are not equipped with Fast Packs, or Super/Strike parts, then I would contend that when those accessories are included, Isamu's advantage would be cut down, possibly significantly. I am not sure that Roy would ever had an advantage of Isamu when it comes to their planes, with the exception of the size difference, but with Super/Strike parts and Fast Packs equipped, maybe it will be a close fight... maybe?

Wow that's quite an analysis of fictional pilots and aircraft. :lol:

13 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Roy vs Isamu: who wins? :o

Dayum nice pic!  Osma and Arad alongside would make it a posse! :p

What was the movie.... the magnificent seven?....3 slots left...:D

The 0A can be there too, but there can only be one roy haha...

Edited by seti88

3 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Dayum nice pic!  Osma and Arad alongside would make it a posse! :p

What was the movie.... the magnificent seven?....3 slots left...:D

The 0A can be there too, but there can only be one roy haha...

Basara?

He's a better pilot than anyone from Delta, certainly.

3 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Basara?

He's a better pilot than anyone from Delta, certainly.

Ah yes basara too......M7 could stand for magnificent seven after all...with a mix of different personalities ...

Edited by seti88

32 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Wow that's quite an analysis of fictional pilots and aircraft. :lol:

Hee hee, thanks.

Writing that was a nice diversion from me writing a paper proposing how to decrease the processing time spent performing Screened Poisson Surface Reconstruction to generate a water-tight mesh from a point cloud as part of a Free Viewpoint Video production pipeline.

6 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hee hee, thanks.

Writing that was a nice diversion from me writing a paper proposing how to decrease the processing time spent performing Screened Poisson Surface Reconstruction to generate a water-tight mesh from a point cloud as part of a Free Viewpoint Video production pipeline.

Ok. Sorry, I think you lost me after 'how to...'

:lol:

8 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hee hee, thanks.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Ok. Sorry, I think you lost me after 'how to...'

:lol:

I got as far as "Le poisson, le poisson, hee hee hee haw haw haw"

22 hours ago, Shizuka the Cat said:

Interesting question.

What good is all the high-tech weaponry if you can't fly while drunk? :drinks:

Edited by jvmacross

On 10/19/2018 at 4:40 AM, Shizuka the Cat said:

Hee hee, thanks.

dayuuummm...just operating on pure scientific logic...jeebus

• 2 weeks later...