1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

I always thought it's because out of all of them, you'd most likely be in a mass production valk. The CF's are you!

And that's exactly why I collect them.

I always thought it's because out of all of them, you'd most likely be in a mass production valk. The CF's are you!

Bi20W9Th.jpg

Lovely close-up shots, Yeti. :)

A casual fun shot.

19626688376_a9945cc835_h.jpg

Love the one in the back. Is that the 1/3000 scaled? Btw, how about for fun, you put the small SDF's head to its big brother's head. ;)

Lovely close-up shots, Yeti. :)

Love the one in the back. Is that the 1/3000 scaled? Btw, how about for fun, you put the small SDF's head to its big brother's head. ;)

Yes, it is the 1/3000 SDF-1. As much as I'd like to swap heads between the 2 of them, I am too scared to try because the 1/3000 is on loan to me, via Valkyrie Magnus' collection. If it was mine I'd give it a try... maybe.

Yes, it is the 1/3000 SDF-1. As much as I'd like to swap heads between the 2 of them, I am too scared to try because the 1/3000 is on loan to me, via Valkyrie Magnus' collection. If it was mine I'd give it a try... maybe.

Ooppsss... I didn't know that. ;)

I'm sure he wouldn't mind...

:D

No worries.

:lol: ... but is the head/bridge on the 1/3000 SDF-1 removable? Just curious... ;)

Of course it is (one way or another)! You need only disassemble 30% of the toy to get at the screw underneath the bridge. Alternatively, you can just break it off the peg it's screwed into, take the pic and stick it back on. No one would be the wiser and we won't tell ;)

For the assembly kit version, I left the screw out since it squeezed into the hole pretty tight already so it wasn't going anywhere even without the screw.

Of course it is (one way or another)! You need only disassemble 30% of the toy to get at the screw underneath the bridge. Alternatively, you can just break it off the peg it's screwed into, take the pic and stick it back on. No one would be the wiser and we won't tell ;)

For the assembly kit version, I left the screw out since it squeezed into the hole pretty tight already so it wasn't going anywhere even without the screw.

HAHA! Thanks for the info MJ! For the record I am not going to attempt this... ;)

My VF-0D Shin came in today, unfortunately for me I was out back washing my car as the idiot postal came by and left a note that I can pick it up at the post office on Monday. I knew that it would be delivered today as I was tracking it, but gets me is that I left a note on the front door telling him to bring it around back, which he didn't. That really pisses me off that people can't pay attention. Now I gotta wait till Monday to pick it up. BTW if you're wonding how I got my hands on o VF-0D it wasn't Ebay thay more expensive there, Ami Ami had it backordered along with the VF-19 Kai with sound booster, I ordered it on right away on Monday of this week, paid for it on Wensday after checking my e-mails, yeah I know I was surpised as well of how it became available that quick after two days placing an order. I ended up paying for that and for a locksmith to get me back in the house after locking myself out that day. :D

My VF-0D Shin came in today, unfortunately for me I was out back washing my car as the idiot postal came by and left a note that I can pick it up at the post office on Monday. I knew that it would be delivered today as I was tracking it, but gets me is that I left a note on the front door telling him to bring it around back, which he didn't. That really pisses me off that people can't pay attention. Now I gotta wait till Monday to pick it up. BTW if you're wonding how I got my hands on o VF-0D it wasn't Ebay thay more expensive there, Ami Ami had it backordered along with the VF-19 Kai with sound booster, I ordered it on right away on Monday of this week, paid for it on Wensday after checking my e-mails, yeah I know I was surpised as well of how it became available that quick after two days placing an order. I ended up paying for that and for a locksmith to get me back in the house after locking myself out that day. :D

I'd say he pulled up, honked the horn once or not at all whilst not getting out of his truck. Then when you didn't show he popped the notice in your mailbox and bailed.

I feel your pain as I have had quiet a few troubles with the postal delivery guys. Actually the problems are still ongoing. Even had this old guy who would ditch his run and go home for the day if it started raining or even hint of a possible storm.. I don't know how he got away with that as I did a bit of fill in delivery runs years ago and I had to fulfill the deliveries come rain hail or flood.. I live in a semi rural area which is very quiet and would instruct them or write notes to either leave stuff on the inner side of the fence or drop it at the front door. Some would and others wouldn't. They were just too lazy. The guy who runs our local post office is old and grumpy and even if you had a delivery note he would sometimes turn you away saying he was too busy to get your parcel from out the back or come back the next day. Proved to be a very frustrating situation. Even after multiple complaints from many of the locals to Australia Post about him not much has changed and he's still a jerk.

Edited by spanner76

Managed to get down to the post office today to get 0D well I let the unaltered photos shoe the proof, and for ones there is no lotion in the pics either. :D

post-269-0-94795000-1437437056_thumb.jpg

post-269-0-05601800-1437437065_thumb.jpg

Managed to get down to the post office today to get 0D well I let the unaltered photos shoe the proof, and for ones there is no lotion in the pics either. :D

Welcome the VF-0D Club!! She's a Beast, but beautiful aircraft!! B))

Aweome VF-18S! No lotion? That was like your watermark.

How will know these are your photos? :p;)

Edited by Saburo

I always thought the lotion was for doing really dirty things to all of your new valks :p

Congrats on the VF-0D!

Edited by Loop

Wait... What?! What's the lotion for? :lol: Hahaha!

Anyways, congrats on the VF-0D. ;)

I'd say he pulled up, honked the horn once or not at all whilst not getting out of his truck. Then when you didn't show he popped the notice in your mailbox and bailed.

When my YF-29 came in today, it took me all of maybe 6 or 7 seconds from the moment the doorbell rang to get to my front door and open it. By that time, the postal worker was already down the steps and heading back down the driveway!

I guess he figured no one would be home so just rang the bell and immediately turned around and headed back to his truck without even a moment's pause.

When my YF-29 came in today, it took me all of maybe 6 or 7 seconds from the moment the doorbell rang to get to my front door and open it. By that time, the postal worker was already down the steps and heading back down the driveway!

I guess he figured no one would be home so just rang the bell and immediately turned around and headed back to his truck without even a moment's pause.

that's just pathetic.. at least he could have waited a few seconds. But again I have the same issues here. Even if im home and the gates are open but no cars are visible as sometimes I park my car round the back then they won't even drive in the driveway and will pop the card in the mail box. Its just pure slackness on their part. And a pure frustration on mine. So did you say anything to him when you caught up with him? I know I would have!

Edited by spanner76

that's just pathetic.. at least he could have waited a few seconds. But again I have the same issues here. Even if im home and the gates are open but no cars are visible as sometimes I park my car round the back then they won't even drive in the driveway and will pop the card in the mail box. Its just pure slackness on their part. And a pure frustration on mine. So did you say anything to him when you caught up with him? I know I would have!

When he heard me open the door, he turned back around. I just said "hello!"

It really varies by person. Sometimes I get one of the cool ones that actually stop by later if they find I'm not home earlier that day and deliver it with the rest of the day's mail which normally comes later in the afternoon.

Others will hear me coming and wait around for me to answer the door. Today's was handled by someone I haven't met before.

When he heard me open the door, he turned back around. I just said "hello!"

It really varies by person. Sometimes I get one of the cool ones that actually stop by later if they find I'm not home earlier that day and deliver it with the rest of the day's mail which normally comes later in the afternoon.

Others will hear me coming and wait around for me to answer the door. Today's was handled by someone I haven't met before.

This is the problem right here.. when they cycle through staff then you don't get any consistency. For a little while back we had a good run with this guy who was happy to jump the fence, sign for you and leave it at the front door but he ended up losing his licence for speeding twice over the course of a year and ultimately lost his job. He was cool though. There have been a few good others but at the moment the guy who does my area is a bit of a knob. If I could stay home everyday then it wouldn't matter but I cant so I have to put up with it. My job does allow me a considerable amount of flexibility but clearly not enough.. any more and I guess that's called unemployment! And that's no fun..