15068893676_a658bddeaa_b.jpg

IMG_2920 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

15088881501_ff48736de8_b.jpg

Parfait by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

14905190549_7ecdf64b59_b.jpg

Duet by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

15088869221_2a767e9f67_b.jpg

Tiny Divas by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

and these last ones again because I fixed the color on them and somehow screwed up the links...

15056686506_c3f2546834_c.jpg

Super VF-171EX+ by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

14893054460_4dec701df5_c.jpg

Super VF-171EX+ by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

Edited by anime52k8

15096943445_18188eb0f9_b.jpg

Hikaru 1A Recovery by KasukeSadiki, on Flickr

Fresh out the repair shop. This was my first Yamato valk ever, but the shoulders broke a while back. Just got a chance to fix them with some shapeways replacement parts. (Shoutouts to Veef!)

15093896661_f748d4f6ed_b.jpg

Ostrich Bros by KasukeSadiki, on Flickr

And my newest valk purchase. Still haven't finished stickering him but now I can finally transform him all the way to battroid (He also needed new shoulders) so figured I'd show him off (and some of my others)

Ok, had some time to play with my new light tent and lights on the weekend, so here's some very much overdue shots of some of my collection. Thanks to Saburo for the photo tips and MacrossJunkie for the tips on weathering and clear-coating. This VF-25G was done last year, but I just haven't gotten to photographing them, I will make my way through my collection starting now, enjoy. I usually clear coat the Valkyries semi-gloss and the fast packs in matte/flat just like my models so there is a contrast in sheen.

post-244-0-44065800-1409710734_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-05509800-1409710736_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-36256000-1409710737_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-43908500-1409710738_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-64796000-1409710739_thumb.jpgpost-244-0-91483700-1409710740_thumb.jpg

Ok, had some time to play with my new light tent and lights on the weekend, so here's some very much overdue shots of some of my collection. Thanks to Saburo for the photo tips and MacrossJunkie for the tips on weathering and clear-coating. This VF-25G was done last year, but I just haven't gotten to photographing them, I will make my way through my collection starting now, enjoy. I usually clear coat the Valkyries semi-gloss and the fast packs in matte/flat just like my models so there is a contrast in sheen.

attachicon.gifDSC_2988 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2991 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2999 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3001 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3006 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3008 - resized.jpg

wm the 25G looks amazing and your shots are great!

Great shots Mike! Fighter mode looks good without the Tornado cannons.

The cannon was a joke. The booster though almost works, but it's a bit too wide. The nozzles don't fit between the tail fins, so it sits up too high and too far forward for my tastes. still, the back plate of the VF-17/171 is a perfect place to mount stuff, and I don't think that's been taken advantage enough in official media.

finally finished weathering my 25A.

DSC_6804_zpsadde00a7.jpg

DSC_6785_zps5c16f729.jpg

I like that you bothered to add additional decals to it.

14926791227_b2d24244f4_c.jpg

SUPER VF-171EX++KAI2 by Mike - drowning in plastic, on Flickr

I think I'll be leaving my Tornado Parts (sans the missile pods) on My VF-25F.

This is so ridiculous that it's awesome!

attachicon.gifDSC_2988 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2991 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_2999 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3001 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3006 - resized.jpgattachicon.gifDSC_3008 - resized.jpg

That weathering looks great! I definitely want to see more shots of the stuff you have in your collection.

Fantastic looking 25G!

DSC_2988 - resized.jpg DSC_2991 - resized.jpg DSC_2999 - resized.jpg DSC_3001 - resized.jpg DSC_3006 - resized.jpg DSC_3008 - resized.jpg

Been waiting a long time to see this! You don't disappoint! Awesome!

Saburo, first of all, I love your pics.

Secondly, I really want a surface like the one you use in your pics. The black velvety backdrop I use is such a major hassle and collects so much dust which takes a lot of effort to remove and wrinkles easily so I've been looking for an alternative for a while. Where did you get yours? I assume it's a black acrylic sheet or something?

Saburo, first of all, I love your pics.

Secondly, I really want a surface like the one you use in your pics. The black velvety backdrop I use is such a major hassle and collects so much dust which takes a lot of effort to remove and wrinkles easily so I've been looking for an alternative for a while. Where did you get yours? I assume it's a black acrylic sheet or something?

Thank you, and I would like to say I love your weathered Valks, I wish I had the skill and patience for painting.

You are correct on the acrylic sheet. :) For the backdrop I am using 100% black Kona Cotton fabric, I bought 2 yards of it from a fabric store. Its pretty good about not attracting dust, but I do use a lint roller on it before every shoot. PM me if you have any other questions.

Thank you, and I would like to say I love your weathered Valks, I wish I had the skill and patience for painting.

You are correct on the acrylic sheet. :) For the backdrop I am using 100% black Kona Cotton fabric, I bought 2 yards of it from a fabric store. Its pretty good about not attracting dust, but I do use a lint roller on it before every shoot. PM me if you have any other questions.

Thanks very much!

I have been looking into getting an acrylic sheet for a while, but I'm having trouble finding what I need locally. I guess I could order it online, but it would probably somehow get to me all scratched and cracked with my luck.

In other news, I just finished my first weathered valk since January this year. I took a long break and with so much stuff constantly coming in, I felt I needed to start making a dent in my backlog. I feel so rusty after so long.

Here are the first pics of my YF-30. I'll be taking more tomorrow, particularly of the other modes.

YF-30_battroid_01.jpg

YF-30_battroid_02.jpg

YF-30_battroid_03.jpg

YF-30_battroid_04.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Thanks very much!

I have been looking into getting an acrylic sheet for a while, but I'm having trouble finding what I need locally. I guess I could order it online, but it would probably somehow get to me all scratched and cracked with my luck.

In other news, I just finished my first weather valk since January this year. I took a long break and with so much stuff constantly coming in, I felt I needed to start making a dent in my backlog. I feel so rusty after so long.

Here are the first pics of my YF-30. I'll be taking more tomorrow, particularly of the other modes.

I am fortunate that there is a place that sells and custom cuts acrylic not far from my place. I think they also do online orders too.

The YF-30 looks awesome, as usual great job on the weathering! Looking forward to seeing more pics.

Edited by Saburo