1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Nice. What base is that?

Must say, the YF-29 looks pretty good in gerwalk.

I think all the Bandai Frontier Valkyries look amazing in Gerwalk-Mode at least to me. I think it is a combination of the lanky legs and the ankle joint that allow for a good look. I usually bend the legs forward at the knee joint as much as possible to achieve the best look. I'd love to see some more sideways motion in the ankles so the toy can achieve a wider A-stance but for that there is the stand.

They are just a pleasure to look at. Arcadia take some notes here!

I think all the Bandai Frontier Valkyries look amazing in Gerwalk-Mode at least to me. I think it is a combination of the lanky legs and the ankle joint that allow for a good look. I usually bend the legs forward at the knee joint as much as possible to achieve the best look. I'd love to see some more sideways motion in the ankles so the toy can achieve a wider A-stance but for that there is the stand.

I've been saying since the Renewals came out that Arcadia (then Yamato) needed to take some lessons on the ankles from Bandai. Then the 19 wouldn't suck so hard in Gerwalk. The trick to getting a deeper stance with the Bandai valks is to actually rotate the ball joint left and right, then you can still bend the foot forward/back and get deeper stances. Hopefully that's not damaging anything in the process but it's worked for me so far.

YES! I was never even a fan of the Gerwalk mode until the Bandai Frontier Valks - now I love how they look

I've been saying since the Renewals came out that Arcadia (then Yamato) needed to take some lessons on the ankles from Bandai. Then the 19 wouldn't suck so hard in Gerwalk. The trick to getting a deeper stance with the Bandai valks is to actually rotate the ball joint left and right, then you can still bend the foot forward/back and get deeper stances. Hopefully that's not damaging anything in the process but it's worked for me so far.

YES! I was never even a fan of the Gerwalk mode until the Bandai Frontier Valks - now I love how they look

I think the V1 YF-19 had a nice Gerwalk-Mode when it comes to the leg position. Hopefully Arcadia has designed different ankles for the new YF-19. And seeing the VF-171 this Valkyrie has in my opinion the best ankles of them all. They are gorgeous! :)

I love that VF-11 profile.

It's a bit wrong, every time I see an 11C I want another one despite the fact I already have a squadron of three. I probably should have got a B simply because the gunpod is cooler looking.

Edited by Mommar

some VF-4G Lightning love! Every time I pull this thing out and transform it, I realize that this swan song for Yamato was the ultimate Yamato Valk IMHO . Those who have it know! The level of detail and engineering never ceases to amaze me. It will be a shame if Arcadia doesn't re-release it at some point.

post-11393-0-37973000-1385352792_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-24855100-1385352811_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-50094500-1385352828_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-98342900-1385352852_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-47285200-1385352873_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-71040600-1385352891_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-15392600-1385352909_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Falcon18 ,SuperSenpai info about TV max ....I took my changes and bought him :)and im glad I did , just love the blue on him , And also love how all the rainbow tint is a different pearl from each other

bk23.jpg

Edited by lancalot

I have 1st release DYRL Roy 1S & TV Hikaru 1J (both had shoulders which eventually cracked, I replaced with Shapeways parts), no peeling canopies for either one. But they haven't been out of their boxes very long, only ~1.5 years. I wonder if that's a factor...

Nah, my original release DYRL Hikaru 1A has been sitting on my shelf since 2009 and it's still fine.