1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

oh yeah, they are a cool bunch of fellas.

on topic, I am planning to get the v1 tornado packs amd try to modify it to fit the v2.

The wings do actually fit on , but the leg armor doesn't cause the V2 wings clip to the side of the leg and not the top, so the wing don't tilt up but sit straight ...

The cannon with armour looks deadly andd reminds me of the 1S strike.

Plus, stumbled upon this for those who wish to add tornado to their renewals;

Done: http://gbmshop.blogspot.sg/2011/11/vf-25f-v2-tornado-f.html

How to: http://gbmshop.blogspot.sg/2011/11/how-to-equip-tornado-pack-ver1-on-vf.html

Credits go to the owner of that blog.

The cannon with armour looks deadly andd reminds me of the 1S strike.

Plus, stumbled upon this for those who wish to add tornado to their renewals;

Done: http://gbmshop.blogspot.sg/2011/11/vf-25f-v2-tornado-f.html

How to: http://gbmshop.blogspot.sg/2011/11/how-to-equip-tornado-pack-ver1-on-vf.html

Credits go to the owner of that blog.

That would be lorn_13 here in the forums.

Just mucking around with the SV-51 and boy it just a flimsy figure... the wing cant hold up in the gerwalk mode properly and is just a loose mess ..and when added the booster and missile you can just forget it , it barely hold up it up in fighter mode even .. the robot mode just ugly and another thing is that the missile doesn't even lock in place firm and just a little touch making it drop which got so annoying ... It a huge plane and initially it look really good but in closer inspection there still a gap between the main joints that doesn't lock together tight :(

j78z.jpg

24np.jpg

a674.jpg

lancalot,

Are you using the metal rods that slide out to help hold up the outer sections of the wings?
I lucked out with my Ivanov and it holds up even without the rods, but they help on my Nora.

Also in battroid mode, you can lift the shoulder pauldrons and bring them closer in like so:
SV-51_Nora_battroid_01.jpg

SV-51_Nora_battroid_02.jpg

I think it noticeably improves the look of battroid mode.

with the asking price, I cant afford the new YF-19. this will do.

that the bird of prey hey?..

lancalot,

Are you using the metal rods that slide out to help hold up the outer sections of the wings?

I lucked out with my Ivanov and it holds up even without the rods, but they help on my Nora.

Also in battroid mode, you can lift the shoulder pauldrons and bring them closer in like so:

I think it noticeably improves the look of battroid mode.

yeah i do use the rods ...i heard that the nora is a better version then the ivan ...

that the bird of prey hey?..

yeah i do use the rods ...i heard that the nora is a better version then the ivan ...

It also helps a ton if you use something to stiffen up the joints. I coated all of my wing hinges on my SV-51s with a tiny bit of super glue, then worked them back and forth to keep them moving. People have also used clear nail polish, which is generally probably a less visible solution, since it doesn't cloud the plastic like superglue sometimes does.

with the asking price, I cant afford the new YF-19. this will do.

it's due in the spring, if you have a paypal account you can put 50 bucks at a time into until the time for it's release comes. I'm going to do that this year and not touch it until spring 2014.