1/48+fp's, 1/60+fp's, 1/72, 1/2k, 1/3k,1/100 and now 1/144

VF-18S Hornet

change in thread topic  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like this change in topic

2. 2. Or do you prefer a part five

Chen, what is that valk on?

Homemade lightbox, used an old cologne box and bought some LED light strips from the dollar store. Got three in the box then made four a-frames out of cardboard and put a light strip on each one. Not counting the cost of the cologne the whole thing cost less then $10 :p

Homemade lightbox, used an old cologne box and bought some LED light strips from the dollar store. Got three in the box then made four a-frames out of cardboard and put a light strip on each one. Not counting the cost of the cologne the whole thing cost less then $10 :p

You should show some pics of it?

Sure it's pretty basic but here's some pics of it. Plus as you can see with the lights off in a pitch black room it puts off a lot of light. Also I can move around the lights on the cardboard a-frames to where it's needed. So I get the uplighting from the box and the side lighting where I need it. I plan on making one out of plexi since right now it's pretty small maybe 10" x 10" so it limits what I can shoot pictures of. Oh and I don't use a flash and have the macro setting on when taking pics, it works for me and I always like the "nighttime spotlight" look in pictures. Here's another quick pic, I mostly takes pics of stuff like SOC's since they tend to be more vertical while stuff like jets tend to be horizontal with not as much surface area for the lights to hit. Soory for posting a OT pic of Pegas and Tekkaman :p

post-5693-0-18505300-1352250171_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-13962700-1352250180_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-21993400-1352250189_thumb.jpg

post-5693-0-49460700-1352250376_thumb.jpg

Sure it's pretty basic but here's some pics of it. Plus as you can see with the lights off in a pitch black room it puts off a lot of light. Also I can move around the lights on the cardboard a-frames to where it's needed. So I get the uplighting from the box and the side lighting where I need it. I plan on making one out of plexi since right now it's pretty small maybe 10" x 10" so it limits what I can shoot pictures of. Oh and I don't use a flash and have the macro setting on when taking pics, it works for me and I always like the "nighttime spotlight" look in pictures. Here's another quick pic, I mostly takes pics of stuff like SOC's since they tend to be more vertical while stuff like jets tend to be horizontal with not as much surface area for the lights to hit. Soory for posting a OT pic of Pegas and Tekkaman :p

Wow you got he armor plus Tekkaman Blade, missed out on that. Still waiting for the figma Tekkaman Blade.

I finished work on the VE-1 I got this past week. Changed things up a bit and decided to go with an airbrush for the weathering effects entirely instead of using the tamiya kits for this thing. It's been a while since I used an airbrush for it, but I think it came out rather nicely. It definitely lets me do more subtle effects than the tamiya kits allow.

Somehow an antenna snapped off on the arm array. I have no idea when or how it happened, but I looked all over and couldn't find the piece to glue it back on. :(

No FAST packs on right now. Giving the finish some time to dry and cure further before I attempt to put them on.

VE-1_fighter_02.jpg

VE-1_fighter_01.jpg

VE-1_fighter_03.jpg

VE-1_GERWALK_01.jpg

VE-1_GERWALK_02.jpg

VE-1_GERWALK_03.jpg

VE-1_battroid_01.jpg

VE-1_battroid_02.jpg

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Amazing work MacrossJunkie. I can totally picture your Elintseeker floating along in space somewhere. The weathering just gives it that nice "realistic" look

This valk falls into that "weird" category for me, just like the "pretty" fat girl. I like it but it just defies logic.

There are tons of pretty fat girls, nothing illogical about it.

Slow Sunday afternoon so I decided to get some of my fav macross toys out out of the cabinet...and play with them! also testing out my new iPad camera!.... Don't know why some of them are sideways....but anyways...enjoy!

WOW! Just bust out the limited edition valks! Nice collection! B))

I got them from a nice guy on the forums here who sold me his water slide decals, photo etch parts and the glow-in-the-dark stickers that came with his unassembled sdf-1 kit over a year ago. He wasn't going to use them. I paid it forward by giving the glow-in-the-dark stickers to another fellow member