Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Amazing work on the Gamo, can't wait to see it finished. Very sharp.

My adventures with modifying WWII AFVs continue.

I finished another Tank Destoryer, this one using the hull of a post-war Jagdpanzer Kanone with the gun, roof, and engine deck of a Jg.Pz.IV

I would have maybe liked to have further "WWII-erized" it by changing the tracks and giving it a front-mounted transmission, but I didn't want this one to take too much time. Got several projects in my head and want to get to 'em.

attachicon.gifjagd-1.JPG

attachicon.gifjagd-2.jpg

The next one is nearly done, a dangerously up-gunned Pz.III. I initially planned for it to mount an L48 gun, but I had an extra giant barrel laying around...and it looked really good with the turret. This one might be pretty unrealistic, but I'm having a good time with it.

That hull is unmodified, save for the sloped front plate.

The turret from a Panther obviously, cut down and narrowed.

attachicon.gifPzIII-1.JPG

attachicon.gifpzIII-2.jpg

Awesome! If youy've ever seen an Isherman you'll know bigegr is better. But it'll need a counterweight on the back.

The Monster is my favourite Macross mecha, next to the Vf1 obviously.

I still have my original kit I bought in 1985 and a brand new re-release one. Both will get the build/ rebuild treatment sooner or later.

Awesome! If youy've ever seen an Isherman you'll know bigegr is better. But it'll need a counterweight on the back.

Thanks! Yeah, I did eventually build a counterweight onto that guy.

Speaking of the Isherman, I have a little project going in that same vein in fact:

post-659-0-02062900-1410216388_thumb.jpg

Derex, I'm curious with your Monster build: looks like you built and attached the legs prior to fixing the hull halves together? Care to explain?

If I recall that model has some minor fit issues and having the hull mating lines clear for filling/sanding seems preferable.

Just curious.

Edited by Phyrox

My 1/350 Cyclops build WIP. The gloss finish led to some focusing issues with my Iphone, I will try to post better pictures tomorrow. The grey dried a lot lighter than expected so I will probably mask it off and paint over it with a darker shade.

There are a lot of firsts on this build for me.. First resin kit, first panel line scribing, and first “garage kit” in general.

Edit: Added 2 more pictures so it looks less like a lime slug..

post-21689-0-78035900-1410230994_thumb.jpg

post-21689-0-13555800-1410305715_thumb.jpg

post-21689-0-74972200-1410305723_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndrewDrexler

Pulled my 1/32 scale F-4J back out of the box. Had gotten it to the priming stage last year, then had to box it up since it got too cold to paint with the window open, and it's too big for my exhaust hood.

attachicon.gif140814_182356.jpg

Finally finished it, by the way.

Anyone who says they prefer dry-transfer to water-slide decals needs to have their head examined, IMHO.

For your perusal I submit the Battletech Longbow CB/AAD (Counter Battery / Anti-Aircraft Defense; pronounced "See Bad"). It it a conversion of the old 1/100 Bandai Macross Destroid Phalanx kit.

I figured given the wealth of technology apparently hoarded by the Kell Hounds and Wolf's Dragoons, it would make sense for us to see a procession of variants from proven designs. Presumably, this would be in the same vein as say some of the Leopard and T-80/90 tank variants of today for things like fire support and AAA. Given the clans' fielding of variants like the Vulture for fire support and heavy attack aersopace fighters, I would figure we should see some advanced countermeasures by the Inner Sphere leading mercenary outfits.

The AMS (Anti Missile System):

111_3889_zpsaea1a7d1.jpg

I was going for a cross between the Navy CIWS and the Macross Phalanx "alternate" head seen here.

Beefing up the shoulders here. Trying to drive home the fact that the original design has been upgraded:

111_3873_zps974d7140.jpg

Right "arm" housing the Arrow IV launcher, a large pulse laser and a small pulse laser:

111_3880_zps6bda772a.jpg

The "laser" is a read/write head from a VCR along with some components from a Monogram P-38 20mm cannon. The launcher is spare parts from a Macross weapons set and some Bandai kit.

Left arm SAM and LRM launcher. It was scratchbuilt from sheet styrene and a makeup container:

111_3877_zps22c22239.jpg

The rest of the stuff is below You'll see some styrene sheet here and there as well as my having drilled out the tiedowns (also serve as verniers in the original Macross design). I also opened up the stance a bit using some brass tubing and Aves.

111_3884_zps77a31dca.jpg
111_3883_zps97eaab60.jpg
111_3874_zpse60312c9.jpg
111_3872_zps20b34969.jpg

The display base is complete. The model has also been primed, salted and pre-shaded. I just finished color coating the left arm a few minutes ago.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

Hi guys, here is my 1/500 Yamato build in progress. Been working on the hull weathering. Trying to replicate the worn look of some builds I've seen online. Plus I'd imagine with all Yamato went through plus in and out of atmospheres, nebula, etc she'd get a bit worn looking. Also liked the paneling that was on the slip jackets of the last few blu-ray releases. Remember, still working on her. All assemblies are built just not on the hull yet so I can easily work on them.

3B7B0BBF-A64D-48C6-B6CE-B83338DBDE66_zps

75F0D0EA-B5A5-4993-BAB1-C4CCBFE69922_zps

DB26C0D4-103F-40EB-9565-934E445C0D9F_zps

D4B98761-92C4-4DD3-AF44-BD6636E72E1E_zps

6622B0F2-7B5F-49A5-B681-B9904A5E06FA_zps

Chris

Chris, that weathering is outstanding! Love looking at your previous work and seeing how your skills have improved over the years. You built some awesome stuff years back and it just gets better. Very encouraging for some of us who sometimes feel we can't complete a kit (I have my hand raised high with that statement).

Love the variation going on there, it will bring so much more interest to those flat expanses of colours - bravo Dobber! Are you going to do that to the red waterline portion too? Can't wait to see more!

Thanks guys, just did the other side today. Once the clear coat is dry, I'll mask off and start on the red Ventral surfaces.

Derex, is that a Monster? Looks cool!

Chris

Edited by Dobber