Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Little more work on the Frazi for today. Since I am going for an updated version, I decided to change the exhaust nozzles a bit.

Here's a progression showing gray kit pieces versus scratchbuilt ones out of styrene:

111_3666.jpg

111_3668.jpg

111_3667.jpg

Here are the nearly finished nozzles combined with kit engines. They still need a bit of cleaning up and detailing:

111_3669.jpg

Finally the cockpit is in place and the blessed Aves work has begun:

111_3670.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

somebody riddle me this...If I poured the rest of my already mixed paint for airbrushing in an airtight glass bottle and let it sit for about 3 weeks, why when I went to use it today for touch ups..was it a slightly different color when I airbrushed it???? I can't figure it out!

somebody riddle me this...If I poured the rest of my already mixed paint for airbrushing in an airtight glass bottle and let it sit for about 3 weeks, why when I went to use it today for touch ups..was it a slightly different color when I airbrushed it???? I can't figure it out!

Solvent used to thin it acting on the binders is the most likely explanation. When that happens, funny things occur. This is also the same reason thinned paints will also go all "cottage-cheesy" quicker than non-thinned paints.

I hope this helps.

Kenny

Hey Zombie, what's that Frazi from anyway? I don't think I've seen one of those before.

It's from Babylon 5. Specifically, it the Narn race's primary fighter. They're one of the good guys who are essentially ethnically cleansed by a coalition of bad guys. They join up with separatists from Earth's military (and others) to fight against the bad guys. I'm altering it a bit to make it a hypothetical "lend-lease" configuration the Earth force guys fighting alongside them might have flown. Think rebel alliance from Star Wars and you get the idea.

Kenny

got this headed my way; just watched the film again for the first time in a while,

and remembered just how damned cool looking a U-Boat class i had always thought the TYPHOON Boomers were;

REDOCTOBERkit-8-3-121.png

REDOCTOBERkit-8-3-122.png

- my father had built me the old REVELL 1/400 OCTOBER movie series kit, which i had for quite some time

before it got broke and thrown out. this Korean bootleg, or whatever it is supposed to be, also in 1/400,

should prove a fine substitute...

Damn EXO, that Thunder Hammer is in class on its own in terms of Awesomeness!!

Speaking of awesome stuff, Ignacio when will you be posting pics of your 1/32 Legioss WIP? I know the final set of parts isn't done just yet but can we get a preview of the parts so far received??

Edited by 505thAirborne

Damn EXO, that Thunder Hammer is in class on its own in terms of Awesomeness!!

Speaking of awesome stuff, Ignacio when will you be posting pics of your 1/32 Legioss WIP? I know the final set of parts isn't done just yet but can we get a preview of the parts so far received??

Yes, you're right, I have all the current installments cleanned and prepped, just waiting for the last one. I'm also finishing the HDP Regult that I bought from EXO.

And last week I resumed working on my 1/48 Inbit Iigaa scartchbuild!! I really have to take out my camera and post some pics!!!

Thanks guys!

Yes, you're right, I have all the current installments cleanned and prepped, just waiting for the last one. I'm also finishing the HDP Regult that I bought from EXO.

And last week I resumed working on my 1/48 Inbit Iigaa scartchbuild!! I really have to take out my camera and post some pics!!!

I wish I would have offered to build that for you. I'm dying to make one. But I didn't have time or the money to take up the project. I got my job the week later... awww... But it went to the right person! Ca't wait to see your projects.

Sounds like you have a quite a few projects on your workbench, take pics when you can and always have fun in the process!

Yes, you're right, I have all the current installments cleanned and prepped, just waiting for the last one. I'm also finishing the HDP Regult that I bought from EXO. And last week I resumed working on my 1/48 Inbit Iigaa scartchbuild!! I really have to take out my camera and post some pics!!!

1/32 Legioss, 1/60 Regult and 1/48 Inbit?? All great stuff. WE DEMAND PICS!!

Small update on the Frazi build this morning. I finished the upgraded engines. Here are some shots showing the top and bottom of each as well as the nozzle details. I changed the nozzle details a bit since last week.

111_3672.jpg

111_3671.jpg

I just finished cleaning up the Aves on them; I also did the rest of the Avesing on the fuselage and am beginning to clean that up. Then I can begin the fun stuff like scribing and building some BFG's. :)

Kenny

Build it. Don't spend too much time on it though - transformation doesn't last. It's not bad for what it is though. Just don't expect anything like a Hasegawa valk!

Ignacio I am looking forward to seeing that Regult complete!