Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Nice work on the Yamatos guys! I don't want to get into it (because I've read threads where others have), but I hear the deck was actually a blackish color from the tar-like covering on on it. Supposedly it burned TOooo good durring its sinking. I have the Anatonomy of A Battleship book if you guys need refernces. It's an AWESOME book with everything including the cross sections of a 25mm round (helped me build a mock fuse to fit into the 25mm round). I bought a couple of WWII 25mm shells/rounds to make a stand for my 1/200 version - if I ever get to it.

Your Galactica came out great derex! You CAN tell the difference with all the work you put into it. - MT

I've got the book... I use it from time to time.

If you notice the photo I tried testing out my painting method on the top right of the deck. Apparently the deck used hinoki cypress which grays as it ages. I'll try to fill in the scribe lines with an oil wash.

soo after letting him sit broken and unfinished for a couple of months...Mr. Glaug has returned! Through some miracle of superglue and Ambroid Pro-Weld, late one night this week, I got the arm reattached and glued the legs to the body so it would actually stand up right. I'll try to clean it up some more and throw a wash and some decals on it I guess.....since obviously we are NEVER gonna see one from Toynami or Yamato... :angry:<_< I gotta have some kinda bad guy leader pod around!

post-11393-0-31097800-1328980113_thumb.jpg

Built this nice little kit from Captain Harlock, Space Wolf SW-190. Really well engineered for painting the parts separately. The only part I'm not happy with is the silvered decal on the top of the nose, grrr.

post-198-0-27451900-1329606339_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-29333800-1329606364_thumb.jpg

post-198-0-94141300-1329606374_thumb.jpg

Edited by Grayson72

Got my wood deck for my Yamato, and the little Typhoon, which went together quickly. Painted the lower half of the Yamato's hull. Things are happening rather quickly. Just need to assemble the decks to the hull, put the wood deck on, and then start adding all the little fiddly bits (and paint them too). This model is consuming paint at an alarming rate...

Somewhat modeling related: Going here: http://www.udisco.com/hobbies/ It's an online shop with a shoppable warehouse. I've been there once before, but on a time constraint, and it's... huge. Gonna try and get a couple of more 1:350 warships. Hopefully, they'll have Academy's Warspite, Tamiya's Bismarck (although if they have Tirpitz, that'll do too), and maybe a King George V class battleship.

Edit: A picture of the Typhoon. I didn't do the white waterline marking, nor did I put any of the decals on it. Honestly, I think it looks preety good for a naked two colour paint job (and a two day build time too). I didn't bother too much with the lost panel lines. Nice stress relief from building the Yamato.

post-122-0-20697800-1329788637_thumb.jpg

Also, got back from Udisco, and I did manage to get Tamiya's Bismarck, and Academy's Warspite (both in 1:350 scale). I also snagged the new Cylon Raider kit (which also looks pretty cool). If you're ever in Montreal, go to this place. It's amazing. Be prepared to spend at least an hour, just looking around.

Edited by VF-19

Been to Udisco a few times myself and I think an hour is quick. The place is essentialy a Hobby wharehose think Ikea, but with models - there are two floors! haven't been over to the RC side so can't comment on that, but man oh man the plastic kits in that place Phew! wares me out just thinking bout it! Not a whole lot of SF mind you, but deffinately worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.

Progress report on the Yamato:

Hull is painted, and decks are mated to the ship. The propellers have also been painted and installed. Despite how it looks in the photo, the bridge, smoke stack, rear bridge, guns and crane have just been temporarily placed. The wood deck (visible to the left) still needs to be cut out and then attached over the plastic deck. It has an adhesive backing, so installation will be a snap. Plus, it will cover up that 1mm gap between the fore and aft deck halves.

post-122-0-28195000-1329875709_thumb.jpg

Yah, it's a big ship.

After this... Dunno. The Bismarck, and Warspite (which looks tiny compared to either the Yamato or the Bismarck) are waiting...

The Typhoon and Yamato look great! I'm working on a 1/350 PBY Catalina on the side right now.

The Space Wolfe looks great too! I saw that kit and was REALLY tempted to get it. - MT

Edited by MechTech

Thought I should post some more photos, even if they are not in great lighting. These two tomcats are basically done... (there are some bits I need to add, like 101's TARPS loadout and paint a few things) though I'm not really happy with how 200 turned out.

4X2.jpg

which is supposed to look like this (image courtesy of Andy's models.)

HS00626_000.jpg

4X5.jpg

4X3.jpg

4X8.jpg

I also finished one of my F-16s and nearly finished a P-51.

4Y1.jpg

4w2.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

Been to Udisco a few times myself and I think an hour is quick. The place is essentialy a Hobby wharehose think Ikea, but with models - there are two floors! haven't been over to the RC side so can't comment on that, but man oh man the plastic kits in that place Phew! wares me out just thinking bout it! Not a whole lot of SF mind you, but deffinately worth a visit if you are in the neighborhood.

Why can't HobbyCraft be like that :(

Thought I should post some more photos, even if they are not in great lighting. These two tomcats are basically done... (there are some bits I need to add, like 101's TARPS loadout and paint a few things) though I'm not really happy with how 200 turned out.

4X2.jpg

which is supposed to look like this (image courtesy of Andy's models.)

HS00626_000.jpg

4X5.jpg

4X3.jpg

4X8.jpg

I also finished one of my F-16s and nearly finished a P-51.

I think you did a wonderful job on all your aircraft... I like the greasy look on the nose of 200, probably from one of those damn plane captains that just got done removing or adding the chocks and chains lol, all are very realistic paint jobs. B))

Blue

Edited by Iceblue106

I think you did a wonderful job on all your aircraft... I like the greasy look on the nose of 200, probably from one of those damn plane captains that just got done removing or adding the chocks and chains lol, all are very realistic paint jobs. B))

Blue

The weathering looks great on the 101.

Tomcat goodness!!!!!!! B))

Thanks guys... I feel that I made a couple of mistakes, near the end too, that just kinda marred it a bit. Most of my builds are generally a little bit smaller. Its odd to think how large the F-14 actually is compared to the hornet, the F-16 or other fighters... which caused some complications when I reached the final phase of the build.

On that note I've been working on this lately...

4z1.jpg

and will be starting on this soon too....

ASAT_missile_launch.jpg

Here are some pics from the kit I released last year. The launch tubes will join up with this to make a bigger hangar

Well Here's a project I finished up. Offered these hangars as a kit and Sold out of them. Making some more at the moment, but I have to put my Viper MK VII in this one.

post-7782-0-28152700-1319814548_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-03581200-1319814558_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-87019900-1319814568_thumb.jpgpost-7782-0-99087000-1319814698_thumb.jpg

and here is the big hangar door that will go in the back

post-7782-0-01770100-1330528904_thumb.jpg

A 1/32nd Mirage!!! That thing will be a monster. I remember buying the delux kit back in my single days for $500 (about 25 years ago). That thing will be HUGE!!!

The hanger looks AWESOME Yeti! Almost makes me whish I was into Galactica. One addiction at a time... :blink: - MT