Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I preordered three. One to build straight - and the other two for kitbashing into a Titan. :D

Very Nice, did you also see that video on Youtube "Battle of Helios Delta 6"?

I preordered 2 of them. One for a slightly weathered look, the other for the battle of New Caprica!! B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

Took a break from the Rattler and am cranking out one of these:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Z0mBe/SV-51I/

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Z0mBe/SV-51I/?action=view&current=111_3622.jpg

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v161/Z0mBe/SV-51I/?action=view&current=111_3621.jpg

Note the masking mismatch on the panels behind the cockpit. I fixed that AFTER posting last night. Funny how things are apparent after seeing the photo. :D

I "corrected" it I guess you'd say. All of the subassemblies had huge gaps between them and the fuselage. It didn't make sense compared to other transformation points and joints on the model and on the "real" thing. Plus, I can't imagine a Cessna could fly with 12-inch gaps all over the place, much less an uber-fighter.

Bottom is decaled and I am working on decaling the top. Next comes a post shade on the decals, sealing of them and then washes and a little weathering.

Comments and criticisms welcome. :)

Kenny

Nice work Kenny, my only comment would the the bright white pops a bit too much IMO for the other softer camo colors used.

Thanks for the feedback! Do you think it's because the tan areas are faded too much to white or because the other areas aren't faded enough? It's supposed to look like a certain RL air force's A/C (you'll see later - not letting the cat out of the bag yet :D ) that are typically faded to hell by the desert.

Thoughts?

Kenny

i received the STARFLEET MODELS EXCELSIOR custom decal set i was waiting for yesterday.

it all went on well enough. so far so good, i suppose. now i need to get to reworking the blue areas of the saucer painted by the original owner, among plenty of detail work...

USSEXCELSIORNX-2000JOHN-1-22-121.jpg

It is indeed. One the the reasons I'm building the Flapter, actually. Laputa is probably my favourite animation movie... ever.

Its in my top 3 too. While Nausicaa had a tighter story, I think the visuals in Laputa are just awesome.

I've been building a bit lately too. I started out with a Hasegawa 1/72 F-16A Block 15 and a F-16C Block 30, as well as a Fujimi F-16D.

4R5.jpg

4U3.jpg

In addition I've been working on a post war P-51 that served with the Occupational Forces in Germany.

4U2.jpg

4U11.jpg

Not only does this make me jealous at how nice and ready everything is to build, but the paper you have it on makes me wanna back to Japan again..this time one way.

In the mood for some Pizza 10.4? I myself am now partial to a local place called Lucci. Awesome pizza and pasta.

So much awesome model building in this thread! :o

Here’s the 1/60 Yamato Regult I’m working on.

post-4879-0-81481700-1327603515_thumb.jpg

Not going to do the cockpit. The colors are supposed to be similar to the TV show. The basic kit should be done in a day or two. I won't be doing any detail or putty work (to seal those gaps around the legs) until I have more time on my hands.

What I've been up to...

DSC00515.JPG

WOW!!!

post-4879-0-81481700-1327603515_thumb.jp

Not going to do the cockpit. The colors are supposed to be similar to the TV show. The basic kit should be done in a day or two. I won't be doing any detail or putty work (to seal those gaps around the legs) until I have more time on my hands.

AND WOW!!!

these look so awesome!

The regult is looking great!!

I'll try to start mine this weekend (thanks to EXO for helping me to get another one ;) ).

I still can't decide which scheme I'll do, TV or DYRL??. I'll build my second regult but won't paint it. It will stay low viz grey.

Here’s the Regult with basic colors. No panel lining or detailing yet. Will have to save that for later.

post-4879-0-51639900-1327611629_thumb.jpg

The only downsides to this kit are the extremely loose knees, which swivels 360 degrees very easily. Surpringly enough, despite this minor flaw, the Regult can stand on its own very well. I did a quick “earthquake test” and shook the desk around gently, and he hardly moved.

The ratchet joints are excellent and very stiff. The legs are double jointed, so pretty much any pose can be achieved with this guy.

There’s a lot of sanding, and even a bit of carving required to make all the pieces fit together, but it only took about 2 days. It took over a week to spray everything, especially since I had to use about 3-4 coats of white to cover any dark grey spots of the HDP material. Superglue is preferred, but not required, since the pieces fit together very tightly.

Overall it’s the perfect Regult. A shame it never went into mass production as a toy. :/

Here’s a height comparison with a V2 VF-1 and VF-25 renewal:

post-4879-0-04805800-1327611647_thumb.jpg

Here’s the Regult with basic colors. No panel lining or detailing yet. Will have to save that for later.

post-4879-0-51639900-1327611629_thumb.jpg

[...]

Overall it’s the perfect Regult. A shame it never went into mass production as a toy. :/ [...]

Great job, even without panel lining or detailing. Beautiful kit, really.

@Ignacio: Dos?! Qué culo, hermano! :lol: Good luck with yours!

Edited by Reïvaj

I have the 1/200 Nichimo... which I start and stop from time to time. To give a sense of scale... I can almost fit my fist through one of those turret barbettes. 3T12.jpg While the kit itself was a gift... I spent more on the photo etch alone than on any model I have ever purchased.

Wow, that's a pretty sweet looking kit.

Finished my Galactica today. Very pleased with it. Acreation Armor Decals, (well worth the time), random photoetch SDF-1 parts inside the pod bays for a little detail, photoetch landing bay girders (trust me, they're in there), photoetch museum windows, photoetch guns on the top, and photoetch nameplates and registry number panels.... :wacko: ...(those were fun), My first attempt ever at decals over photoetch,,,so be kind.. B)) Lots of pics....hard to get all the angles of the thing...enjoy! p.s.---thanks to 505th and Electric Indigo for the help along the way!

well....it re-ordered my pics from the order I wanted them but oh well....look at the last one first! lol

post-11393-0-27918100-1327968158_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-77575900-1327968167_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-32907300-1327968175_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-21531100-1327968195_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-01322800-1327968207_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-12559800-1327968213_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-29394200-1327968227_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-04183000-1327968234_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-36255400-1327968241_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-43541600-1327968250_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-46206100-1327968258_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-26548000-1327968266_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-57403800-1327968882_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Finished my Galactica today. Very pleased with it. Acreation Armor Decals, (well worth the time), random photoetch SDF-1 parts inside the pod bays for a little detail, photoetch landing bay girders (trust me, they're in there), photoetch museum windows, photoetch guns on the top, and photoetch nameplates and registry number panels.... :wacko: ...(those were fun), My first attempt ever at decals over photoetch,,,so be kind.. B)) Lots of pics....hard to get all the angles of the thing...enjoy! p.s.---thanks to 505th and Electric Indigo for the help along the way!

well....it re-ordered my pics from the order I wanted them but oh well....look at the last one first! lol

Ineed amazing work! Truly awesome!

Here's pretty much where I'm at on the Yamato. Main Bridge is about 95% done (I just need to put the guns on it), Rear Bridge is in a similar state of completion. The smokestack probably will be repainted, however. Also a cupful of anti-aircraft guns. Very tedious... Not pictured are the main cannons (which have had the metal barrels mounted), nor the secondary 15.5 cm cannons. The bulk of the model will be painted in Tamiya's Neutral grey, with some sections in dark grey. I found that neutral grey was a close match for the colour specified in the manual (one of Tamiya's rattle cans). I am, however, tempted to splurge on an actual wood deck, as it would make painting much, much simpler.

post-122-0-22582800-1328568263_thumb.jpg

Here's pretty much where I'm at on the Yamato. Main Bridge is about 95% done (I just need to put the guns on it), Rear Bridge is in a similar state of completion. The smokestack probably will be repainted, however. Also a cupful of anti-aircraft guns. Very tedious... Not pictured are the main cannons (which have had the metal barrels mounted), nor the secondary 15.5 cm cannons. The bulk of the model will be painted in Tamiya's Neutral grey, with some sections in dark grey. I found that neutral grey was a close match for the colour specified in the manual (one of Tamiya's rattle cans). I am, however, tempted to splurge on an actual wood deck, as it would make painting much, much simpler.

post-122-0-22582800-1328568263_thumb.jpg

Its not a bad idea about the deck. I chose a different, more time consuming route.... I am rescribing all the deck panels (as best I can), painting them individually, oil washing, then flatcoating it. (Hopefully) it will look like how the deck was in 1944.

3I22.jpg

Nice work on the Yamatos guys! I don't want to get into it (because I've read threads where others have), but I hear the deck was actually a blackish color from the tar-like covering on on it. Supposedly it burned TOooo good durring its sinking. I have the Anatonomy of A Battleship book if you guys need refernces. It's an AWESOME book with everything including the cross sections of a 25mm round (helped me build a mock fuse to fit into the 25mm round). I bought a couple of WWII 25mm shells/rounds to make a stand for my 1/200 version - if I ever get to it.

Your Galactica came out great derex! You CAN tell the difference with all the work you put into it. - MT

Edited by MechTech

Also, having 2001 in the background was an excellent choice while I was putting together all those turrets... You know, now that I know the history of Yamato's final mission, and her general history, I think the navy was a little too conservitive with her. She's a friggin battleship! They're supposed to take a pounding and return it in overkill!