Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

2 hours ago, Thom said:

@pengbuzz If they take you away, I hear it is a happy, funny home.🙃

As said above. the big thing is covered, now all you have to do is take a moment, catch a breath, and then show Fate you ain't taking its sh*t and build something awesome!

The leak ruined whatever materials I had left to use; those all went out yesterday. And bills/ inflation have reduced us to "emergency mode" now.

I had posted about this a few moments ago, but my post got deleted, so the short version is: I'm considering just dropping modelbuilding as a hobby. Just trying to breathe air in this nation is getting too expensive now.

@pengbuzz Oh man ... I am sorry for everything that happened to your collection there. Good luck with everything and let's hope this stupid inflation will regulate soon. In Germany, prices for food go up like crazy, but I haven't seen any price surges in the hobby sector yet. Just when importing stuff, things get expensive due to EUR vs USD. The EUR lost some value over the past months. So, importing stuff from Japan will be expensive for me. At least I still have an impressive stash to work through and several 3D modelling projects on my hands to keep me busy.

He he, why does that look like an album cover?😁 Arbit's getting the band back together!

Is is just me, or does cannon fodder on the far right need more hair? He looks more 90's than 80's 😎 They all look awesome though! - MT

1 hour ago, MechTech said:

He he, why does that look like an album cover?😁 Arbit's getting the band back together!

Is is just me, or does cannon fodder on the far right need more hair? He looks more 90's than 80's 😎 They all look awesome though! - MT

Backstreets back, ALRIGHT!

Good point, let me do some more work on the hair.

And with Max along, I guess they will always look too cool.

On 9/8/2022 at 11:41 AM, pengbuzz said:

The leak ruined whatever materials I had left to use; those all went out yesterday. And bills/ inflation have reduced us to "emergency mode" now.

I had posted about this a few moments ago, but my post got deleted, so the short version is: I'm considering just dropping modelbuilding as a hobby. Just trying to breathe air in this nation is getting too expensive now.

A hobby is just a hobby. I will say, if you do decide to stop, I will certainly miss seeing your builds. They were/are great!

But, above all, take care of yourself first.

More work on the Stingray!

Just about finished the shuttle bay areas. I'll do a little greebling before paint, and I got the resin insert fared all the way in under the saucer. Still some clean up to take care of, and I got the lower sensor dome dry-fitted. I snipped off the locking tabs as well as the front tab all the way off, since it'll be sitting flush now.

at9MZIf.jpg

OHvHuee.jpg

zLqYcHY.jpg

Thom.

Just finishing up this project; I just found out friday night (on top of everything else) that the property manager our landlord hired gave us a renewal lease that has some pretty shady terms in it (should we sign it). Not sure how legal some of them are, but frankly, I'm tired of this nonsense since the new landlord took over last year; he hired a ramshackle joke of a property management group that is pretty "fly by night", and most of their reviews I think are "pumped up" by friends of theirs.

In short: we may have to move this November, and it only gives us 1 1/2 months to do so. >_>

With that said: I may have to put up doing any projects for some time to come. It's also going to wreck the daylights out of Thanksgiving and Christmas for us. But before I did, I wanted to try to finish off the Yamato.

Also: I did a tiny Cosmo Zero for it, but it ended up vanishing into thin air when I went to pick the piece of tape it was on up (I stick tiny pats to tape when spraying) and it flew into the air, never to be seen again.

At least I got a pic of it: it was a pain to sculpt at that scale,  so if I cannot find it, it's not getting rebuilt (my hands can only take so much anymore):

101_0614.JPG.9abaa66d05835583b60ef26a28f09365.JPG101_0615.JPG.91059a9f4f20b30d5dba9219eaf0b6da.JPG101_0616.JPG.c958f7af7a88653a00205cec4dbde625.JPG

1 hour ago, pengbuzz said:

Just finishing up this project; I just found out friday night (on top of everything else) that the property manager our landlord hired gave us a renewal lease that has some pretty shady terms in it (should we sign it). Not sure how legal some of them are, but frankly, I'm tired of this nonsense since the new landlord took over last year; he hired a ramshackle joke of a property management group that is pretty "fly by night", and most of their reviews I think are "pumped up" by friends of theirs.

In short: we may have to move this November, and it only gives us 1 1/2 months to do so. >_>

With that said: I may have to put up doing any projects for some time to come. It's also going to wreck the daylights out of Thanksgiving and Christmas for us. But before I did, I wanted to try to finish off the Yamato.

Also: I did a tiny Cosmo Zero for it, but it ended up vanishing into thin air when I went to pick the piece of tape it was on up (I stick tiny pats to tape when spraying) and it flew into the air, never to be seen again.

At least I got a pic of it: it was a pain to sculpt at that scale,  so if I cannot find it, it's not getting rebuilt (my hands can only take so much anymore):

101_0614.JPG.9abaa66d05835583b60ef26a28f09365.JPG101_0615.JPG.91059a9f4f20b30d5dba9219eaf0b6da.JPG101_0616.JPG.c958f7af7a88653a00205cec4dbde625.JPG

I’ve been in the moving process as well. Haven’t had time to really work on anything. Our situation is a bit more fortunate in that we have a bit more time to find a place.

I shave seen a lot of stories lately about these property management groups with shady dealings. Basically sounds like the common idea is to try and make things difficult and move out tenants and raise the prices for newer tenants.

hope you have good luck finding a place and have some work space 

Damn @pengbuzz I knew I was sending that off to good hands, but you blew it out of the water! And then into space!!:shok: Love the rigging and the little cosmo fighter. Clearly it was stolen by a certain dimensional sub!

And ugh! about the apartment woes. Sounds like it is way past time to get yourself and the better half outa there, and hopefully to something better. Good luck!

Edited by Thom

37 minutes ago, Thom said:

Damn @pengbuzz I knew I was sending that off to good hands, but you blew it out of the water! And then into space!!:shok: Love the rigging and the little cosmo fighter. Clearly it was stolen by a certain dimensional sub!

And ugh! about the apartment woes. Sounds like it is way past time to get yourself and the better half outa there, and hopefully to something better. Good luck!

Apartment-wise: doing my best, but with a very limited income, rents into the "are you insane" regions and everyone scrambling for any section-8, subsidized and other kind of public housing here, we're going to need some divine intervention on that one. Staying isn't an option due to the fact that if this is how they are now, they will be that much worse under their total rule.

As for the ship: I didn't just want to spit out a so-so Yammie, so I referred to several other builds online. The Cosmo 0 was a natural, so I went for that while I was at it.

BTW: it hurt my hands to do so, but I scratched up a new one (now watch the old one show back up!) :

101_0624.JPG.312c51f74e50982d522272d85599c338.JPG101_0625.JPG.66dd5dcb28ad60047b4e03a3a09b1738.JPG

101_0627.JPG.40ce6a82808c8e976f99f87c68e48a35.JPG

29 minutes ago, pengbuzz said:

Apartment-wise: doing my best, but with a very limited income, rents into the "are you insane" regions and everyone scrambling for any section-8, subsidized and other kind of public housing here, we're going to need some divine intervention on that one. Staying isn't an option due to the fact that if this is how they are now, they will be that much worse under their total rule.

As for the ship: I didn't just want to spit out a so-so Yammie, so I referred to several other builds online. The Cosmo 0 was a natural, so I went for that while I was at it.

BTW: it hurt my hands to do so, but I scratched up a new one (now watch the old one show back up!) :

101_0624.JPG.312c51f74e50982d522272d85599c338.JPG101_0625.JPG.66dd5dcb28ad60047b4e03a3a09b1738.JPG

101_0627.JPG.40ce6a82808c8e976f99f87c68e48a35.JPG

If it does, then you have a ride for Yamamoto as well!

@Thom It's hard to tell whether your mods are part of the kit or not. Looking cool!

@electric indigo Great finish as always! It looks ready to make a run. I think you got the weathering just right too.

@arbit Roy's "girl" looks cold and angry. 😁 Great sculpts as usual! Especially the last set. They are in a very convincing pose.

@pengbuzz You TOTALLY breathed new life into that old kit! Even whittling out a Cosmo zero! All the details you added and kit fixes you made really bring it up to a whole new level! Even the base looks great! The "wood" deck effect also makes it look a world better than stock. Moving that gun turret REALLY fixed the profile of it too.

Congrats on adding a new model to your collection. The flooding may have taken some away, but your collection will be built back up again. And I think with some even better builds!

If you guys are interested, I caught a ride to the PennCon IPMS model show. I can share some of the photos if you guys are interested. - MT

@pengbuzz You TOTALLY breathed new life into that old kit! Even whittling out a Cosmo zero! All the details you added and kit fixes you made really bring it up to a whole new level! Even the base looks great! The "wood" deck effect also makes it look a world better than stock. Moving that gun turret REALLY fixed the profile of it too.

Congrats on adding a new model to your collection. The flooding may have taken some away, but your collection will be built back up again. And I think with some even better builds!

If you guys are interested, I caught a ride to the PennCon IPMS model show. I can share some of the photos if you guys are interested. - MT

Thanks MT (and everyone else!!!); this went on the display shelf last night!

12 minutes ago, Thom said:

@MechTech Thank you!. It's all the magic of Perfect Plastic Putty, some sanding, and perspective!

And yes, I would love to see some pics from PennCon!

^What Thom said! :D

BTW, I forgot a pic:

1419816588_101_06231.JPG.d5329453abd7dcc65f8d5cb16e45b425.jpg.8bbe55771af759052262c5ab285aa644.jpg

Edited by pengbuzz

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

@electric indigo - That looks like a real airplane dude! Great work as always!!! I too would like to see a shot of your entire collection properly displayed! 

Okay, let's take that a step further!

This one's for you @electric indigo :

434959046_ArbitAirlines1.jpg.310f2fa436e0a29890645618587dd501.jpg

Edited by pengbuzz
WHOOPS! Wrong member!!! Was trying to do two things at once and got mixed up! Sorry folks!