Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I was wondering too.  But I think I might use them, paint them black on the outside then grey colour and use a pin-vise to drill just enough to scratch off the paint to get more windows lit, because the holes they drilled are really only 1/2 the number of lit windows there are in the filming miniatures.  I think this is an easy way to get more lit windows without drilling all the way through - maybe, we will see when I get around to trying it.

Cockpit looks amazing. Must be machine polished I think. It looks too good a finish compared to other 3d printed stuff I've gotten on Shapeways with enormous ridge marks.

But printing something that big must be enormously expensive.

It's crazy what people are doing with 3d modelling these days. It's liberating... Anyone can make whatever little figure or accessory they want. The days of garage kits being the only option are long gone. 

Edited by arbit

Rivets.... DOMED rivets............*has conniption*

LOL jk:rofl:

Other than that [minor personal nit-pick] it looks outstanding!

9 minutes ago, arbit said:

La cabina se ve increíble. Debe ser pulido a máquina, creo. Se ve un acabado demasiado bueno en comparación con otras cosas impresas en 3D que obtuve en Shapeways con enormes marcas de cresta.

Pero imprimir algo tan grande debe ser enormemente costoso.

Es una locura lo que la gente está haciendo con el modelado 3D en estos días. Es liberador ... Cualquiera puede hacer cualquier pequeña figura o accesorio que quiera. Los días en que los kits de garaje eran la única opción han quedado atrás. 

1/12 scale 

8 hours ago, electric indigo said:

Meanwhile, in Komsomolsk-on-Amur

49063542288_9f38fdeddb_c.jpg

Oooh, which kit is this? Scale?  Any good detailed 72nd kits out there of this?  Hoping for a Hasegawa.

Hace 44 minutos, Mazinger dijo:

@ CHAVAKAISER  Por casualidad, ¿puedes compartir el archivo STL?

No puedes compartir el archivo STL, ¿verdad?

Pagué un precio por el archivo stl, no sería ético regalarlo

Si está interesado, comuníquese con el diseñador para venderle el archivo.

Encuéntralo en facebook

received_724515994700528.jpeg

1/12, oh okay, I thought it was 1/6. Looks like a perfect fit for the new Kidzconcept Hikaru figure. I would print this in clear and light it up like a Christmas tree!!!

@Chavakaiser, we don't mind if you write in Spanish, then google translate and paste here. As you prefer. 

Edited by arbit

1 minute ago, CHAVAKAISER said:

Pagué un precio por el archivo stl, no sería ético regalarlo

Si está interesado, comuníquese con el diseñador para venderle el archivo.

Encuéntralo en facebook

received_724515994700528.jpeg

Ok, entendido. Tienes mucha razon.  Gracias.

1 hour ago, wm cheng said:

Oooh, which kit is this? Scale?  Any good detailed 72nd kits out there of this?  Hoping for a Hasegawa.

That is the new Zvezda 1/72 kit. The quality is outstanding, easily on par with Hasegawa, minus a few rivets. It comes with weapon set and comprehensive decals, Zvezda really did their homework here.

I'm waiting for a set of pixel camo masks from Russia.

Guys, I have a 1/72 Trumpeter Su-33 Flanker D I'm not planning to build. I got it to use the flight deck only. Everything else is there brand new: plane runners, decals, box, and a bit of PE.  PM me if you want it, you just pay shipping.

Edited by arbit

Started putting the Star Destroyer together. You really need to wear magnifying glasses while building this thing just to be able to appreciate the absolutely monumental amount of detail on the parts. Bandai is just on a whole other level with their Star Wars kits nowadays.  Here's just a few examples... 

20191117_134253.jpg

20191117_134239.jpg

20191117_134131.jpg

That's cool Derex, thanks for sharing!

Its slow going on my ship, but I made some minor progress. The first photo is a die I made for detail on the flight deck (and other models). I took a TINY Torx screw and glued it into the shaft I machined on the lathe. It works great using my drill press as an arbor press. I think I'll shave a bit more off the edges so there is less space around the "bolt head" area.

I wanted a tiny remote system for the ships hangar door and other functions. It will stay on the ship so it doesn't get lost somewhere in my home. I made a solid chunk of styrene that I glued together from 3mm (1/8") styrene sheets ( 2 of them) and pocketed it on my mill. Yeah, I could have just glued sheets together to make a box, but it wouldn't have been anywhere near as strong as a solid piece. The guts come from a Hexbug toy. I got three on sale years back for $5 each at Radio Shack. I knew I'd use them someday on something. Instead of the LR44/357 sized batteries, I'm using a 3V CR2032 to make it thinner and smaller.

One circuit board worked intermittently so I gave up on it. I prepped a second board and before I could get a good test out of it, it has now failed too. It might be the cold weather and heater drying out the air. I may have blown it with static electricity somehow, despite being careful. - MT

1116191600h.jpg

1101191617.jpg

1117191613.jpg

1 hour ago, MechTech said:

One circuit board worked intermittently so I gave up on it. I prepped a second board and before I could get a good test out of it, it has now failed too.

Was it able to reverse the motor before burning out? A lot of these remotes are designed for ON/OFF only. I haven't been able to find a cheap reversing remote.

3 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Started putting the Star Destroyer together. You really need to wear magnifying glasses while building this thing just to be able to appreciate the absolutely monumental amount of detail on the parts. Bandai is just on a whole other level with their Star Wars kits nowadays.  Here's just a few examples... 

WOW! :shok:

I thought those small mecha collection "vehicle model" sets were highly detailed because they were merely smaller versions of the larger kits.  That level of detail is a whole order of magnitude greater!

Excellente Chavakaiser!

Arbit, yes it has reverse on both channels. In fact, the plan is to take two cheap servos and make them gear motors. Then put diodes across them so they will only go in one direction. That will make the remote three channels. The servos will drive cams to activate micro switches to merely turn stuff on and off. The one untouched up/down channel will power the hangar door. That's my evil plan anyhow. - MT

Electric Indigo - Are you cloning Yank pilots and giving them to the Ruskies? Looks like you're putting the jets head to head in a dio?

Its slow going due to other things right now, but I got some work done on the control station for the ships flight deck. I took the Hex Bug receiver which is about the size of an American quarter, and added wires and a blinking light to it. The blinking light lets you know its on, otherwise there is no sign. The control station was the best place to hide the board and make it easily visible for the infra red receiver to work. It will be hid in the roof. There is still A LOT of work to be done on the styrene part, but at least the electronics are working. This is what will control the hangar door, the radar and lights. - MT

1123191938a.jpg

1123191939.jpg

MT, just reading about your electronic shenanigans gives me a headache. Good luck!

19 hours ago, MechTech said:

Electric Indigo - Are you cloning Yank pilots and giving them to the Ruskies? Looks like you're putting the jets head to head in a dio?

I build the Sinoraptor to kill time until my pixel masks for the T-57 arrive, but that's an interesting idea.

The Zvezda kit revealed that the PAK-FAs are actually piloted by siberian polar bears. But to the untrained eye, they look a bit oversized in the cockpit, so I decided to replace him with a puny imperialistic cowboy.

49121897303_b471ce9754_c.jpg

Well...been short on money and materials (like that's new, right?); recently, dug up an old space shuttle model I had originally been intending for a transformers kitbash that got canceled. Anyways, after re-gluing the components together, I managed to undo the cuts I had done to prep the model for the conversion. So...what to do with it?

Well, I got an idea from a certain British spy...

100_0717.thumb.JPG.8379c68dcb7891142ca7c2a0911baf18.JPG

100_0718.thumb.JPG.adb1b64bfd5b13432d9e8934a1138b74.JPG

100_0719.thumb.JPG.7c4c6f642a2ce8847763e2f3fbd9b317.JPG

The yellow on the livery looks brighter here than ti actually is; the camera and lighting washed it out a tad. Also, I need to add the "5" to the tail and the "Moonraker" logo to the sides of the craft. otherwise, I think this one's about there.

BTW: can any of you tell looking at this that 3/4 of the hull is covered in masking tape? :P

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! It might sound weird, but I thank God for Macross World and you guys! It's a nice break from work and cool to see all the stuff people are creating. I've also learned a lot here too over the years.

Cool, Electric Indigo! Some pilots are way too big or the older sculpted ones look like they are "defiling themselves" as one guy put it nicely in our modeling club.

Nice Pengbuzz! You are the master of masking tape! - MT

2 hours ago, Thom said:

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

And Peng, that Moonraker looks awesome! Yes, you are the Masking Tape Master!

4 hours ago, MechTech said:

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! It might sound weird, but I thank God for Macross World and you guys! It's a nice break from work and cool to see all the stuff people are creating. I've also learned a lot here too over the years.

Cool, Electric Indigo! Some pilots are way too big or the older sculpted ones look like they are "defiling themselves" as one guy put it nicely in our modeling club.

Nice Pengbuzz! You are the master of masking tape! - MT

Thanks guys! And Happy Thanksgiving!

BTW: if it were Halo, i'd be the "Masking Chief" :p

6 hours ago, MechTech said:

Well said sir! I agree wholeheartedly.

$23 bucks from Amazon.... dimmable cool white LED lighting and solderless interconnects ... yeh.. this is gonna be sweet for the Star Destroyer me thinks... Gotta be better than Bandai's stupid lighting kit anyway....Gotta be away from home for work all week sadly, won't be able to get anything done on it till maybe next weekend. 

20191201_100941.jpg

20191201_101529.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Cool Derex! Remember, a pay check is a GOOD thing :D

SCOREBOARD

SHIP      ME

3            1

So, the score's not so good. Three dead circuit boards to one working. I think the dry air is making more static than what I think. Not having an ESD electronics mat, I got a sheet of aluminum foil and grounded it to my drill press (which is a big chunk of steel). I then used a lot of hand cream on my hands. Then I kept a hand on the foil at all time. I think this receiver in the ship will be alright. I have to wait to wire it up until the styrene glue dries tomorrow. We'll see!

In the mean time, whether the receiver works or not, its in the ship's aircraft control station and is glued in now. The seems just need sanding down. Two AAA batteries will sit in a box inside the hangar and will power the accessories.

Its hard to believe Thanksgiving weekend is already almost over!:( The remainder of the turkey is going into soup tonight! - MT

1201191420c.jpg

1201191420.jpg

1201191420a.jpg