Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Talk about a "big girl" Nyankodevice! She is looking great.

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! The gun is done! I cut down the mount to the correct height. The "bottling factory" or ammo handling section below deck is included too. It should be two rows of ammo, but I ran out of ammo, so only one row. The bottom piece was a tire machined down. I got the rotary table alignment off so the pieces are slewed slightly, but no one will ever see it besides you guys (sshhh). The whole assembly is hollow and lightweight all the way through to reduce weight on the boat. It only weighs ten grams. I love the Oto Melara so I thought I'd go all out on it. 120 rounds a minute at 3,000 FPM! That's a lot of steel raining down. It is also an effective CIWS system too. - MT

1021171423b.jpg

1021171423d.jpg

1017170902a.jpg

Edited by MechTech

On 10/18/2017 at 5:45 AM, arbit said:

Oh yeah, I spend coutless hours in prep. But once the primer on, there shouldnt be a problem with paint staying on, right?

Very nice scribing! I never get those edges clean, and over scribe.

I'm doing a bit of that too! So far, I think I'm making more steps forward than backward. After the fuse, then it's onto the wings!

So, as I'd mentioned in the 1/20 Valkyrie thread, my son was going to be Sauron for Halloween. He then changed his mind to " Adam West Batman," but then said I should be Sauron. He's 4.

I'm finally making progress on that costume, and it's ready for paint tomorrow. Bonus: the cats are already eyeing this for a great fort.

I also have to figure out wtf is going on in my my engine after replacing an O2 sensor...

IMG_5011.JPG

3 hours ago, Kelsain said:

my son was going to be Sauron for Halloween. He then changed his mind to " Adam West Batman," but then said I should be Sauron. He's 4.

I'm finally making pr

You guys can borrow my Nerf Gun repaint.

Nice card board work. In my house we call it Old Man Skills.

But imagine if 4-yr olds had the skills of adults to make their arts and crafts. I guarantee they would blow us away. Man, the dreams I had as a kid, with no abilities to match.

On 15/10/2017 at 10:11 AM, teckno viking said:

Awesome job and like the RDF markings.

Damn Clanners are everywhere!!   

I Fight for the Dragon, I Live for the Dragon & I Die for the Dragon.
House Kurita, Always!

Clan Snow Raven...

1 hour ago, NZEOD said:

Clan Snow Raven...

So those Clanners hiding really everywhere... :lol:

The chicken walker section of the Madcat is done by the way. Finished with semi gloss clear coating. And as you can see I stay with the U.N.Spacy markings like on my smaller one. 

IMG_1610.jpg

15 hours ago, MechTech said:

Thank you guys for the positive feedback! The gun is done! I cut down the mount to the correct height. The "bottling factory" or ammo handling section below deck is included too. It should be two rows of ammo, but I ran out of ammo, so only one row. The bottom piece was a tire machined down. I got the rotary table alignment off so the pieces are slewed slightly, but no one will ever see it besides you guys (sshhh). The whole assembly is hollow and lightweight all the way through to reduce weight on the boat. It only weighs ten grams. I love the Oto Melara so I thought I'd go all out on it. 120 rounds a minute at 3,000 FPM! That's a lot of steel raining down. It is also an effective CIWS system too. - MT

1021171423b.jpg

What else can I say, great work - again!  It's a pity to see that the ammo section won't be visible any more. How did you make the ammo shells?

Edited by CrossAir

Just ordered  a ton of xigfrid 1/72 ordnance from shapeways so will have something to show very soon.

Working on a UN/Anti UN unification wars alt Iraq war display... Destroids and armour assaulting a beach in 1/144.

@MechTech your work on the mill is on par with jewelers. 

@NZEOD thank you for the purchases, I am looking forward for your display boxes.  

@Nyankodevice that Sivil is a masterpiece, you catched the proportions really well. The hair are beautiful, wouldn't be a nightmare to spray?

For my part, I don't have much to share unfortunately, having not enough free time besides playing with toys and slowly progressing on the Okto and smaller designs  

Picture this a moment...

in the years 2000 to 2006, after discovering ASS-1 and having began development of Destroids... how were they deployed to the various battlefronts, skirmishes and uprisings of the U.N.Wars?

25 minutes ago, NZEOD said:

Picture this a moment...

in the years 2000 to 2006, after discovering ASS-1 and having began development of Destroids... how were they deployed to the various battlefronts, skirmishes and uprisings of the U.N.Wars?

I couldnt intelligently say, but from a civilian's standpoint, seems to me that Destroids are mobile artillery designed to lay down heavy fire on the enemy and then move.

They would be no good in hand to hand with a fast moving mobile force. 

However, the Destroids mobility seems good for quick re-positioning of heavy artillery in response to enemy heavy repositioning.

They would demolish a normal tank group.

Edited by arbit

The decision was made to set up conventional armour amassing along the Kuwait/Iraqi border at Abduli.

However this incursion was used as the perfect combat trial of the Destroid 04 systems with a unit of U.N.Marine preproduction evaluation destroids secretly deployed into the AO.

As the conventional armour and Artillery units began shelling the Anti U.N, factions across the border, the Marines deployed rapidly over Bubiyan and Warbah Islands to hit the defenders in the flanks and cut them off from Basra.

To achieve this they used the Marines Rapid Deployment LCAC's, with a carrying capacity exceeding 100 tons they were easily able to deliver over the beaches two fully armed 04 units each.

20171024_213859_zpsgfj6sho0.jpg

20171024_213836_zpsytq0xgp4.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

This is the basis for my new diorama tiles.

I have Anti UN Merkavas, T90s, Armatas, Namers BMP-3s and even a 1K17 Szhatie and of course ground troops

20171024_063739_zpsop9t6nc5.jpg

Along with UN IFVs and Armour

20171024_063749_zpsat3xoowz.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

on the side I'm also messing with having a Monster crush a bus with the graphics on the bus and a few bill boards nearby also say "TRUMP - Make the UN great again"

20171024_063735_zpslba99zca.jpg

and am working on a mobile for my little girls room using Macross egg planes painted in Alclad Candy

20171024_063955_zpsfmndjpwb.jpg

while two of my models settle a few disputes on the printer

20171024_063712_zpsfhl6wuyo.jpg

Work continues on the 1/72 wall displays

20171024_063105_zps86givnah.jpg

And I get sidetracked with the kids and other halfs X-wing fleets...

20171024_063832_zpsjhhkakev.jpg

including heavily modifying a YT1300 for the better half...

20171024_063936_zps65kwd06p.jpg

and customising and painting every single ship they have.... including lighting them all up with 0603 SMD LEDS! Not fun!!

20171024_063927_zpsy5nfdcqb.jpg

And messing with other stuff on the side...

20171024_063606_zpsdcmw6e0o.jpg

37 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Somehow, I feel the need to stick one of those inside a SDF-1 model kit...

Same here. The floating tablet seems about 5cm wide. It would need a pretty big kit to swallow that, and still weigh only 250g.