Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

3 hours ago, Thom said:

Dang, Peng, that Pod looks awesome! And nice sculps. Supes and Cap look incredible!

Thanks! General Zod came out so-so ( I don't like the character anyways :p )., the six million dollar man...well, he was only a buck at the thrift store. lol

Edited by pengbuzz

Pretty happy with the arm super parts now, they hold both the VF1 and VF-25 gunpods. 

I totally messed the supporting piece of the legs super parts though, but nothing to worry much, since the fix is pretty easy. 

The feet are tricky, I guess that they will need to be glued to be firmly attached to the mechanism. 

I made a slightly smaller head, the transformation to battroid is far easier now, but somehow the head looks small when taking pictures. But in reality it looks as big as the 1j head. Weird!

IMG_0624.JPG

IMG_0629.JPG

IMG_0637.JPG

IMG_0649.JPG

IMG_0656.JPG

IMG_0659.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0646.JPG

Edited by Xigfrid

I have fixed all the current issues, and also made a few changes to the 3D files. Now here is only the chest amor plates to modelise, I think I got the solution by replacing the whole back plate and make a new one with the plates already in there. 

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

I keep going back and forth on whether or not I want to buy K-2SO. He was pretty much the best part of Rogue One, but I have a feeling painting him would be a deceptively easy thing to pull off.  I wonder if some of those awesome Alclad metal paints would be the way to go?...

19 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

I have fixed all the current issues, and also made a few changes to the 3D files. Now here is only the chest amor plates to modelise, I think I got the solution by replacing the whole back plate and make a new one with the plates already in there. 

IMG_0687.JPG

IMG_0698.JPG

IMG_0703.JPG

are those parts available for purchase?

looks very good ;)

5 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

are those parts available for purchase?

looks very good ;)

Thank you! I have a few parts already available in my shop, the one I was entirely satisfied with already. Since the last parts needed a few changes I have the updated models coming soon, so I can confirm that everything works flawlessly.

4 hours ago, valhary said:

I can't wait to see the complete conversion

image00.png

Soon hopefully!

Hey derex, I was actually thinking about mr surfacer black then coating with mr color chrome spray. Then a few bits of small trimmed masking tape around the edges and a base color of really dark grey and medium grey on the lighter parts, then peeling the little bits to make a more scratched look. And finishing with tamiya weathering metallics and maybe do a bit of a dark grey or black for smudges using those tamiya makeup compacts as my daughter calls them. The very small lights may just get masked and coated with clear colors depending on how things turn out with the chrome.

right now I'm still trimming and gluing parts but will play around with some of those methods on some sprue before things get to the end. The parts I'm really not sure on are the elbow and knee clear spacers. I kinda want to leave them out, but I'm not sure the joints will hold the weight. I'm also not sure if I want to leave them clear if I do use them. In the movie there is nothing in the middle of those joints, just empty space.

Some updates on the Fieseler Storch.

Got the internal cockpit frame done and also added seatbelts (painted masking tape cut to size):

IMG_7147.thumb.jpg.120196f76ac405740f387688f5899211.jpg

Masked the side windows, which was a pain in the behind because Airfix managed to make the windows different heights and also swapped the position of the intermediate window edges front-to-back on one of the clear parts (both are errors):

IMG_7172.thumb.jpg.d9f6adf5dfc9b05744847bfba0d43911.jpg

I unfortunately managed to crack one of the front windows while masking (really fragile plastic).

Then, once those had been unmasked and glued into position, I started on the roof windows, which had to be painted in steps and partially without masking because some of the rounded window edges were impossible to mask:

IMG_7173.thumb.jpg.31dadb2c163f94fbc10ece34dd527477.jpg

IMG_7175.thumb.jpg.e109048840125edafbd08da128bada88.jpg

Also painted the machine gun after adding a magazine.

Then I glued the machine gun to the roof and the roof to the side windows:

IMG_7176.thumb.jpg.6bd2af913ae0e2c3d0ddf67562101278.jpg

I will add the missing top window later. The original top window was molded as part of the side windows, which would have left an ugly seam right in the middle.

Some views:

IMG_7177.thumb.jpg.b5187354d62cd4504815ddf1320c0e13.jpg

IMG_7178.thumb.jpg.e8bf688fe356f31dc79ea29c69dd34da.jpg

IMG_7179.thumb.jpg.ee3d3789f509e31725a233d2df5d513a.jpg

The windows are pretty clear.

Right now I'm busy with painting the camouflage pattern, which is all made up of swirls and pretty tiring to paint.

Edited by Salamander

The wings and fuselage with the camouflage pattern and all other painting done:

IMG_7288.thumb.jpg.f72747b360799ccc14b848f8ffe2f7fd.jpg

IMG_7291.thumb.jpg.b9be63a043127fb96ae60b9c050c53a6.jpg

I also glued the tail wheel to the fuselage:

IMG_7289.thumb.jpg.4930b1b265e195fd01f3c959e7b103bb.jpg

Because the main landing gear is a fragile affair that will need very careful handling, I think I will first apply the decals to the wings and fuselage before continuing with the main landing gear and other remaining details...

43 minutes ago, Big s said:

That looks like a lot of work for that little plane. It's looking good.

Thanks. It's a 1970s Airfix kit that's pretty good (I've built a lot worse), except that they left off some details that can be clearly seen in the box art (of all places). They also seem to have used a mirrored picture for determining where the door went...:lol:didn't feel like fixing that one.

5 hours ago, Salamander said:

Thanks. It's a 1970s Airfix kit that's pretty good (I've built a lot worse), except that they left off some details that can be clearly seen in the box art (of all places). They also seem to have used a mirrored picture for determining where the door went...:lol:didn't feel like fixing that one.

Good thing they don't build submarines, eh?

That looks great Salamander. I hate Airfix kits fit. They seem to be hit and miss lately. I got the new 1/350 HMS Invincible and the deck parts and hull parts fit so bad, my son and I built it and I made the top deck hinge like a tacklebox to store his small planes in and play with. On the other hand, some guys in the local club have built their fighter planes kits and love the fit of the new stuff. - MT

The decals were a bit painful to apply. The white ink seems to have aged badly, and had a tendency to tear/crack when applying the decals. Strangely for 1970s decals, they reacted properly to MicroSet/Sol. Then I clearcoated everything with Tamiya semigloss clear to protect the decals and discovered that too thick a coat dissolved my slate gray paint mix I had used for the camouflage pattern:mellow: Anyway, after some frantic repainting of the pattern on a few places, and a second thinner layer of semigloss clear, the decals are all done. I also added a bit of dirt near the exhausts.

Next, I cut the missing window from some clear plastic sheet. I haven't attached it yet, I'll do that later on. Then I set out on the next daunting task: get the landing gear attached without breakage. First, the frame underneath the fuselage:

IMG_7354.thumb.jpg.cb0cf395b2c0094dfab53a1dc8507fe3.jpg

IMG_7353.thumb.jpg.404b6982c5a0d479e3d4d5f078535e24.jpg

Two old bottles of paint to keep it centered, and let it dry for two whole days because the plastic Airfix used remains soft after gluing for quite some time.

Have fun with that walker. It looks like a really fun kit. 

I still haven't picked one up yet, but plan to soon.

It seems like all the Starwars kits I've bought have legs, at least of some type. The R2, R5 combo are questionable, although I still call those legs.

3 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Bandai's ability to mold complex geometric sections in a single piece never ceases to amaze me.  I would have expected a lot more parts for the head cowling. :blink:

Come on Bandai, where's my B-Wing and Tie Bomber? :p

Yes and YES!!!  Also the Star Destroyer that they teased us with and the Lambda shuttle.

Full wiring setup ready for the Nautilus.

Everything here will be installed in the model after I finish painting.

Lights, speaker, amp, SD card, motor, battery, charger, and switches all playing nicely together.

59158fc62a542_2017-05-1214_27_16.thumb.jpg.441229eaeeae4e2c5c36b06eeeacce04.jpg

Edited by arbit

The Storch now can stand on half its landing gear (painted, too):

IMG_7466.thumb.jpg.ab7affb2e32fb8c610980aabc9b5721a.jpg

Now to attach the remaining bits of landing gear (2 days drying time/gear leg), then add some very fragile additional framework (4 days drying time), then add wheels and propeller and last window (x days drying time), then finally add the wings (2 days drying time/wing) - I'll be at the end of the month before I'm done :mellow:.

That's great Arbit! That is also a LOT of hardware!

Your scout is coming along great Ceasar! Lots of details too.

The Storch is coming along great Salamander. Personally, I would have gone with super glue to reduce all that time. I'd hate waiting that long. ;)

On 14/05/2017 at 1:06 AM, Cesar Enrique said:

Details added to my kit conversion. I love how it looks. We're almost there

20170513_033147-1024x576.jpg

These conversion parts are great, I wish I had the skills to do as well.

On complete opposite subject, I now have proof that you can put up to 7 people in an octo, including the pilot.

02K_octo_head.jpg

02Kb_octo_head.jpg

02Kc_octo_head.jpg

On 5/14/2017 at 3:06 AM, Cesar Enrique said:

Details added to my kit conversion. I love how it looks. We're almost there

Which kit was that?

9 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

These conversion parts are great, I wish I had the skills to do as well.

On complete opposite subject, I now have proof that you can put up to 7 people in an octo, including the pilot.

02K_octo_head.jpg

02Kb_octo_head.jpg

02Kc_octo_head.jpg

AWESOME!!!