Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

3 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

actually i did a 1/500 Yamato for a friend of mine w/ battle damage and very heavy weathering...

but at the time i was more occupied with my first SDF-1 build :ph34r:

so i forgot i wanted a yamato kit:o

btw yours looks awesome with all lights and soundsB)), and is that a display base meant specifically for yamato?

Could you link us to pics of your SDF-1? Oh, It's in your Album. Does the 1/2700 transform?

That base came with the kit. But it is customized to hold the hull tightly.

It also contains the battery and speaker. I have some touch up work left to do on her: Tuck wires in to seal it up better, add aluminum foil inside to oculate internal leds, paint touch up and weathering...

Look Mom, no hands!

Edited by arbit

On 6/2/2017 at 10:19 AM, arbit said:

Could you link us to pics of your SDF-1? Oh, It's in your Album. Does the 1/2700 transform?

it parts forms.. swapping around the modules to change the displayed mode;)

on another note....

made the last changes to my Custom Destroid Mecha.

IMG_20170208_184959.thumb.jpg.3199d8277d8f69e2692ed5727ecda40e.jpg

and lastly... any of you guys have any suggestions for a paint scheme for this one??

IMG_20170208_190544.thumb.jpg.22128a4b4a4298f11a3e96d78bfb2b6d.jpg   IMG_20170208_190739.thumb.jpg.c4c875d0be72491c0e3729038490893b.jpg

IMG_20170208_190956.thumb.jpg.75106a36848a84ea31daaf1d0c6ae705.jpg   IMG_20170208_191041.thumb.jpg.ca2f78ce59e145e0c50645239e102bbc.jpg

IMG_20170208_191102.thumb.jpg.9b23011b392108759d857a864ba28956.jpg

Truly beautiful. I was just wondering how will you paint it? But I think you should have a story first, and then paint.

Is each part a different color based on original color? Is it desert weathered? Is it heavy metal? Or steam punk? No idea.

Edited by arbit

I'd look to accent the disparate pieces by differences in paint and weathering levels. Softly worn down checkerboard on an arm, deep green freshly painted on another. Then tie it all together with some dirt and dust.

Having fun (not) mixing tints and spraying spoons trying to get the candy mix right for the up coming SV-262Ba

TOY-RBT-4200_02.jpg

I want to do that colour but candied over an Alclad II Polished Ali airframe.

Getting close as 3:1:1 Tamiya Transparent Blue/Transparent Green/Transparent Smoke but will try it with Yellow/Blue next

1 hour ago, NZEOD said:

Having fun (not) mixing tints and spraying spoons trying to get the candy mix right for the up coming SV-262Ba

I want to do that colour but candied over an Alclad II Polished Ali airframe.

Getting close as 3:1:1 Tamiya Transparent Blue/Transparent Green/Transparent Smoke but will try it with Yellow/Blue next

The spoon must pay the price.

20 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

any of you guys have any suggestions for a paint scheme for this one??

Blue: http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=19182

White: http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=6311

Weathered Grey (metal): http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=20902

Just some ideas.

EDIT: RED! (with White and Metallic accents.): http://www.modelers-g.jp/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=30158

Edited by Chas
found a ref. for RED!

Chas, ha ha, the first one has a tire for a butt!  Talk about leaving tread marks! :p  They all look cool though!

I posted more in depth detail and photos in the beginning modeller's thread, but here's my first attempt at vacu-forming in a couple of years.  Long story short, I'm building an Oto Melara 76mm gun turret for my 1/72nd scale ship.  I built one 15 years ago out of those vending machine toy capsules, but as you can see, it is WAY too big after looking at the official specs (I only could get photos back then).

The buck (mold) was made on my lathe and the gun port was machined out with additional holes to pull the hot plastic into it.

My first attempts wasted a couple feet of plastic as I didn't realize I had TOO MUCH plastic around the buck making it web up instead of conforming.  After doing some research, I realized that an adapter was needed to reduce the plastic that could be pulled over the buck.  So that's the next photo.  After that, I had 100% success and made four.  Slap it back on the lathe for a clean cut around the circumference and I'm back on track.

Back to my school work:( - MT

0206172333d.jpg

0207171757a.jpg

0208172210b.jpg

0208172145c.jpg

0208172229a.jpg

thx for all the quick replys and great suggestions..:lol:

On 8/2/2017 at 8:38 PM, arbit said:

Truly beautiful. I was just wondering how will you paint it? But I think you should have a story first, and then paint.

Is each part a different color based on original color? Is it desert weathered? Is it heavy metal? Or steam punk? No idea.

its Macross;)

23 hours ago, NZEOD said:

Maybe something real world and dirty as hell

real world as in no weird mixes of colors and such? dirty... ofcauseB))

22 hours ago, MechTech said:

Nyankodevice, what about a dark red or maroon color with black accents?  Maybe dark red and darker red accents?  Just and idea. - MT

as in sinanju or char's Zaku?? its flashy B))

16 hours ago, chyll2 said:

All white (like Armored core's white glint)

my arch nemesis for a couple of painful days playing Armored Core 4 Answer

had to change it up completely, cuz my preferred type of chassis and weapons where useless!!

that version of white Glint was made by our beloved Kawamori-Sensei:D

12 hours ago, Kylwell said:

I'd look to accent the disparate pieces by differences in paint and weathering levels. Softly worn down checkerboard on an arm, deep green freshly painted on another. Then tie it all together with some dirt and dust.

good oldschool checkerboard^_^ added with some brown, yellow and green!

12 hours ago, pengbuzz said:

Perhaps paint it varying shades of dark and light grey, with yellow and black striping on certain areas, as if it were a prototype?

i was thinking about this, and its most like something like this, ill end up doing, perhaps a touch of greyish-brown in the mix

something like this: 

sniper_mech_by_nokcha_c-d7yeq0r.jpg

5 hours ago, Chas said:

nice collection of paint schemes might refer to some of them laterB))

Nyankodevice, whatever you dream up, I do hope it has a Macross color scheme.

Here is an embarrassing close-up of the photo-etch. I'm thinking of a rust wash for them.

589cf501d2980_2017-02-1002_31_27.thumb.jpg.63ae835d7e4e3a7000a60ff9cb21af24.jpg

5 hours ago, arbit said:

Nyankodevice, whatever you dream up, I do hope it has a Macross color scheme.

Here is an embarrassing close-up of the photo-etch. I'm thinking of a rust wash for them.

589cf501d2980_2017-02-1002_31_27.thumb.jpg.63ae835d7e4e3a7000a60ff9cb21af24.jpg

Where is this embarrassing you speak of?  I see nothing but amazing in this picture!

13 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

its Macross;)

had to change it up completely, cuz my preferred type of chassis and weapons where useless!!

i was thinking about this, and its most like something like this, ill end up doing, perhaps a touch of greyish-brown in the mix

something like this: 

Liking that Solarious look, gritty, believable and functional. Having the Tiny Info decals and warnings helps convey the true scale of how large your creation should be. Seriously thing you should add the guy or gal leaning on the foot though.

5 hours ago, NZEOD said:

Liking that Solarious look, gritty, believable and functional. Having the Tiny Info decals and warnings helps convey the true scale of how large your creation should be. Seriously thing you should add the guy or gal leaning on the foot though.

already ordered ground crew and pilots from various addon sets, to convert into a fitting pilot and mechanics crew;)

4 hours ago, arbit said:

A little better video after the touch ups. The opening brings a tear to my eye...

looks beautiful, i like the intro tune aswell ^_^

On 2/9/2017 at 1:34 PM, Nyankodevice said:

its Macross;)

something like this: 

10 hours ago, Nyankodevice said:

already ordered ground crew and pilots from various addon sets, to convert into a fitting pilot and mechanics crew;)

looks beautiful, i like the intro tune aswell ^_^

Also reminding me of REX from Metal gear Solid. Really liking what you have in mind for this! :D

On 12/02/2017 at 9:45 AM, derex3592 said:

Some prequel love finished up! Went to town weathering this little Battle Droid and his speeder,  another great kit from Bandai,  easy and fun to paint assemble and weather. 

20170211_111726.jpg

20170211_111857.jpg

20170211_162625.jpg

20170211_163613.jpg

20170211_111810.jpg

Now I know where that YF-29 Dual Beam Cannon came from!  Completely forgot about these in SW.

Very nice weathering on the droid, by the way.  Looks like he's ready to go find some Gungans!

Arbit: Never did see Space Batleship Yamato but seeing your model all done up how it is, I'm VERY interested!

Some (hopefully) constructive criticism: That speaker sticks out on what is otherwise a beautifully done show piece.  I may have missed this before, but are you planning to hide it somewhere?

Amazing work and a real inspiration to those who are timid about starting something they're unfamiliar with - still can't believe the journey you made in electronics from the start of this project till now!

Edited by mickyg

that's amazing.  All this 2199 talk has pushed me to finish the craptastic 2 kits on my bench (SDF-1 and 1/72 VF-31), so I can move on and start my 1:500 Yamato. It's officially going to be my next build. Super excited about it.  Just finished watching 2199 for the first time, so while we wait for the next series, seems like a great time to build this beast!

Edited by derex3592