Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Actually removed all the pins and using super thin cyano instead. It works fine as long as the hell spawn stays away. It'll be up high in the display case soon.

Is this the one on the 200ml plastic squeeze bottles? If so, I HATE it. Its always coming off. I have the grey and the white

VAL60mlPrimerCombo_wm.jpg

And it ABSOLUTELY will not do my hairspray weathering technique as any brushing on it will rip it off.

Edited by NZEOD

Is this the one on the 200ml plastic squeeze bottles? If so, I HATE it. Its always coming off. I have the grey and the white

That's what I keep hearing.

Is it recommended to decant Krylon primer?

I use Gunze Mr. Surfacer or Alclad II gray primer. I seriously wanted to love the Vallejo stuff but it's not really a primer. Base color sure but not a primer.

Hi

I'm about to start building a Wave non-scale VF-0S. First thing I noticed is that it comes with a lot of Decals. On my last build (a Vf-2SS), most decals broke while trying to remove them from the decal sheet and apply them.

Any suggestions on how to prevent decals from breaking?

Thanks

MSFILMa.jpg

Brush on top of a sheet of old decals [like the Bandai VF-2SS], then trim the decals out, use as normal, but always be gentle with old decals.

the Wave non-scale VF-0 kits are much newer than the Bandai VF-2SS... you may not even have to use decal film, but it won't hurt to either.

I use this whole line of products almost exclusively for my decaling work:

mic3pack_wm.jpg

^ Does the kit come with water slide decals or glue-backed stickers?

_

Return of the Flying Shark:

31323326681_37431c1c84_c.jpg

It comes with waterslide decals

MSFILMa.jpg

Brush on top of a sheet of old decals [like the Bandai VF-2SS], then trim the decals out, use as normal, but always be gentle with old decals.

the Wave non-scale VF-0 kits are much newer than the Bandai VF-2SS... you may not even have to use decal film, but it won't hurt to either.

I use this whole line of products almost exclusively for my decaling work:

mic3pack_wm.jpg

Thanks! I'll try to find something like that on the nearby hobby shop.

VAL60mlPrimerCombo_wm.jpg

With all the hate this product gets, I let it cure for a full week as a test before masking. The Tamiya tape didn't strip it after that.

So, its not convenient for quick usage, but I had to try something given the fact that I bought so many bottles.

post-18429-0-60745100-1481183720_thumb.jpg

Got the photo-etched bridge up.

I needed a lot of practice rolling the rails and handling them before I got it right. Not easy... Lots of failed attempts and mangled rails.

Edited by arbit

I like a lot PE parts, but it's a real pain for me to put them in shape :-/

Here, some shots of my Comanchero, sorry,not finished yet, I'm not as good as most of you, at least I'm trying to progress :-)

DSC_1304_small_zpsermel4x2.jpg

DSC_1360_zpsdwvefjy0.jpg

The Phalanx custom (still have to put the decals on it)

DSC_1309_zpsg1f0xobt.jpg

DSC_1307_small_zpsdrsagm7m.jpg

Edited by neko_fr

2 builds just left my workshop..

The SDF C-108 Elysion is roughly same scale as the 1/8000 SDF-1

I had just been wondering about that Elysion. Nice paint.

So many tiny details.

Edited by arbit

hahah which one, all three are wired. Their state of build reflects their wiring complexity... the Phalanx has just the 3 spotlights lit up so its quite built. The Tomahawk has the spot light, beam cannon targetters and the Beam cannons themselves lit up with the option for a torso twist servo but space is an issue and the Defender..... the major kitset thats spread all over the place, thats set up for chest spotlights, spinning radar, torso twist servo, arm raising lowering servo, twin spinning gatling guns... wiring nightmare as I have to be able to still paint it in parts and get it all together with the wiring in place and hidden. It gets real fun when those wires have to cross the hip joint and up into the main body...

All the destroids use a socket in the base of the foot to connect to the power supply and arduino that goes under the Diorama.

Are you aware you can sand and file down an LED up to just above the Cathode/Anode cup that emits the light? So you can shape that tail fin even more if you wish. Brilliant example in the Macross Modelling Master File thing where its done to a 1/72 VF-22

Edited by NZEOD

Hahaha the grey one is a gashapon thing and now I've seen I can fudge the scale and detail them up abit I have another 5 coming for $5NZD each!

The other one is a diecast thing thats actually in mint condition and had never been opened until that photo. Dont know much about it but I just found a matching Spartan also still unopened so I'm hunting for the whole set now then I'll paint them up a bit better. They even have decals!

zukunft33333-img600x451-1481506625nklzzi

Found them in Japan.

If anyone knows a bit more about them, please share. I'm not even sure whether they are collectible or if its ok for me to modify them and paint them up.

Edited by NZEOD

See the toy section.

Those are the original Takatoku Destroids. They are collectible, but not very expensive...around USD 100 a piece on Ebay.

As far as a full set of die cast Destroid toys, they are the only game in town, in addition to the 1/100 Conversion kit. The Regult and Glaug were planned, but never made.

They were also later sold as Matchbox Robotech toys (and Exo Squad), but at less (and less) quality.

I never liked the mold or size. I am Destroid-less. See my signature.

hmmm.... what to do, what to do

I got them for $40

The Spartan is getting 2 spare GiMix GU11 Gun Pods to fight with.

They are meant to go in the city fight diorama.

Finally have a 1/144 Monstor Mk2 to fit in as well

The WAVE 1/72 Destroids set the bar pretty high for Destroid Awesomeness except for the Tomahawks 6 Shot SRM pack being occluded but the Chest mounted LRM missile packs Main Door when its fully opened!

Oh and the Phalanx top pair of Missiles will also slam into the Pod door hinge unless I convince myself the pod rotates like a revolver as it fires off the missiles...

Edited by NZEOD

Unless you can expertly paint them, like some of these guys, leave them alone.

It would be a sad shame to destroy a Takatoku.

And the packaging is classic. You have a mint box there.

I don't know if its Takani art, but its nice.

Edited by arbit

hmmmm I dont collect, I just build, paint, display, throw away and on to the next project.

Thats what made me and the wife pause when we saw the tidy box and thought it may be more than just an addition to the City fight scene...

Back in the box it goes then. Not so interested in the cash, just dont want to remove a rare classic from the world if people would rather preserve it. The Gashapon Destroids will work just fine in my display in its place.

If anyone wants to trade them or what ever, pm me I guess.

Meantime back to the grind on this diorama

Edited by NZEOD