Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

You've never seen the Robotech Macross Tactics figures and game before?

Palladium Books did a crowd funding project that went horribly wrong from a marketing point of view.

These are the figures from that game, just the core set. You can add Destroids, Gnerls, Queedluuns and so on.

Gamers have issue with these TINY little figures being made out of over nineteen parts... each!

Its a funny wee game as you actually only use 4 of the valks in the photo, the others are for each mode you switch into. 2 of those Valks are able to wipe out the Pods so 4 is overkill. This game is HEAVILY slanted towards the UEDF/UNSpacy forces. I'm looking forward to playing the Pods and putting the boot in... and likely getting mown down...a lot.

They aren't finished yet but close enough for a game or 3 this weekend against the wife.

Below are some images of the game off the net.

25494RobotechRPGTactics_preview-xlg.jpg

527891_md-Robotech%2C%20Robotech%20RPG%2527893_md-Robotech%20RPG%20Tactics%20Dem

BUT THIS IS THE ISSUE.....

8po0L7a.jpg?1

MILLIONS OF PARTS!!

Edited by NZEOD

Beautiful. What was more difficult to sculpt: the watch or the Legioss?

It's like comparing an apple and a watermelon. I did the Legioss myself from A to Z because all the steps were manageable for one person to handle. The watch requires an infinitely greater learning curve, precision and engineering expertise which I don't possess. When you're a one-man band, you acquire and refine certain skills. When you have to conduct an orchestra, you have to develop all new skills (and patience!)

I didn't actually make the watch pictured, the engineering team did that. I did the designing, styling, some technical drawing and the refinishing of certain surfaces. Just an FYI, grade 5 titanium is an absolute b*$%# to polish and while they won't admit it, the engineers probably hate my guts: turns out this is THE most complicated watch design they ever worked on.

I wanna come over and hangout

I have a garage of Racebikes, Motox bikes, a Stunt bike, snowboards, kite surf and wakeboard set and MTBs and a Trials bike. It rocks to live here in NZ with our free medical to fix our screw-ups. Everyone here has garages similar... you'd love it here.

Edited by NZEOD

IMG_20161007_181158_zpsuvvd1sfq.jpg

You've never seen the Robotech Macross Tactics figures and game before?

Palladium Books did a crowd funding project that went horribly wrong from a marketing point of view.

These are the figures from that game, just the core set. You can add Destroids, Gnerls, Queedluuns and so on.

Gamers have issue with these TINY little figures being made out of over nineteen parts... each!

Its a funny wee game as you actually only use 4 of the valks in the photo, the others are for each mode you switch into. 2 of those Valks are able to wipe out the Pods so 4 is overkill. This game is HEAVILY slanted towards the UEDF/UNSpacy forces. I'm looking forward to playing the Pods and putting the boot in... and likely getting mown down...a lot.

They aren't finished yet but close enough for a game or 3 this weekend against the wife.

Below are some images of the game off the net.

25494RobotechRPGTactics_preview-xlg.jpg

527891_md-Robotech%2C%20Robotech%20RPG%2527893_md-Robotech%20RPG%20Tactics%20Dem

BUT THIS IS THE ISSUE.....

8po0L7a.jpg?1

MILLIONS OF PARTS!!

I have a garage of Racebikes, Motox bikes, a Stunt bike, snowboards, kite surf and wakeboard set and MTBs and a Trials bike. It rocks to live here in NZ with our free medical to fix our screw-ups. Everyone here has garages similar... you'd love it here.

this is all total madness! looks awesome mate! yeah NZ sounds like a great place! I think im gonna have to eventually jump ship from Aus some time in the future..

Damn...i have my small collection of toys and thats it.

Damn...i have my small collection of toys and thats it.

Join the army, you earn money while being shipped off the god knows where so you cant really spend the money... when you get out though...!

SVF-213 Black Lions CAG Bird VF-1J

Its not finished yet, still needs details and a wash and highlight, the blacktop needs some road markings and then it all needs a clear coat. As you can see, I painted the base about 20secs after finishing sculpting the greenstuff like an impatient idiot (great trait in a bomb tech!) and as it was still super soft I got my personalised fingerprints into it handling it.

Just something I cooked up while working on laying the kitchen laminate floor this afternoon and looking at the Black Lions VF-4 over my sons Bedroom

IMG_20161009_204541_zpsja2veoa6.jpgIMG_20161009_204516_zpsfwl1ux5d.jpgIMG_20161009_204600_zpsdujodb45.jpgIMG_20161009_205331_zps8b6yorf2.jpgIMG_20161009_204608_zpsflxsvrsa.jpg

Edited by NZEOD

not yet, miles off my old standard from 10 years ago. Havent painted a mini since then so will be repainting all of them until I'm happy and have relearnt everything.

Join the army, you earn money while being shipped off the god knows where so you cant really spend the money... when you get out though...!

Haha. I sometimes think i should have. Im a decent shot and a black belt in hap ki do. Probably would have had a better go of that then i am my current job...

what you really need is patience, an acceptance that all your gear was made by the lowest bidder, that officers are idiots and the high tolerance for stupidity, crap weather and zero notice to move taskings. Martial arts wont help in a gunfight but maybe a bar or sports field inter unit brawl and being a good shot it a bit different when rounds are heading back your way.

what you really need is patience, an acceptance that all your gear was made by the lowest bidder, that officers are idiots and the high tolerance for stupidity, crap weather and zero notice to move taskings. Martial arts wont help in a gunfight but maybe a bar or sports field inter unit brawl and being a good shot it a bit different when rounds are heading back your way.

Yea. I know. But its kind of a start right?

Edit: loving the paint on your game pieces. And thank you for your service

Edited by edstuff

Yea. I know. But its kind of a start right?

Edit: loving the paint on your game pieces. And thank you for your service

lol dont thank me, different country and we spent our time cleaning up your countries ordnance that failed to initiate

Edited by NZEOD

I like your commitment! Dont forget Admiral Piett in mid lead off the bridge walkway.

Edited by NZEOD

Whats laying on my bench? An "assembled" Bandai VF-31 and a Hammer... I'm torn between which to reach for

Edited by NZEOD