Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Great work guys overall!

Congrats on the faceplate Capt!

Derex, you watchin' Robotech while building Star Wars models? Does the Dark Side know about this? :ph34r: - MT

Shhhhh....don't speak the R word out loud!!! I was yes..because it's on Amazon Prime and it's the original broadcast version with all the old sound effects NOT the remastered one's which is great to just have as background while I work... I also just discovered the other day that SDF Macross, Super Dimension Calvary whatever it's called and Mospeada are also on Amazon Prime now! Who knew?!

Shhhhh....don't speak the R word out loud!!! I was yes..because it's on Amazon Prime and it's the original broadcast version with all the old sound effects NOT the remastered one's which is great to just have as background while I work... I also just discovered the other day that SDF Macross, Super Dimension Calvary whatever it's called and Mospeada are also on Amazon Prime now! Who knew?!

If you say the R word three times in front of a mirror Carl Macek will come back to life.

If you say the R word three times in front of a mirror Carl Macek will come back to life.

yeah... standing behind you as you exit the shower, towelless...

yeah... standing behind you as you exit the shower, towelless...

I can't unread/unimagine that image.... :ph34r:

I was just about to mod that large blaster from the storm trooper kit when I noticed the death trooper kit has a pistol, rifle and a sniper with a scope. So I will probably just pick up a couple of the death trooper kits and pass down an extra sniper to one of my scouts.

Some more progress today. AMU brush guards on Australian M113A1 were a bit beefier than the standard, using flat stock section twisted, then bent into shape, before being welded in position. The results were somewhat agricultural - thankfully. As such, I rate my efforts as broadly representative.

47B94250-EA7B-4DA2-BC9C-7C5AF1EADF68_zps

4B2D9CE7-B058-4D3E-A86B-4ACAD71651EB_zps

5DA56E88-47C8-4827-840B-DADD56988319_zps

More tomorrow - may even finish the roof!

Such tiny, tiny details. Making me drop random things already!

They are tiny 1/700. The problem is that the photo etch is almost as soft as aluminum foil. Its no problem if they are laid flat, like ladders against the wall. But those side rails will be very fragile, unless some coats of spray strengthen them.

Edited by arbit

What the hell?!?!?

That's HUGE!

Where on Earth did you get that!

ill post more of this one in a couple of days, also ill explain exactly what i did..

I was really looking forward to this though :unsure::(

Looks fantastic Derex,

That's in my pile, I love the kit! You have done an amazing job on it - much to be proud of! What is this makeup sponge technique you hinted of - I'd like to learn.

I'm starting on the Bandai Millennium Falcon (amazing kit!), but between working and constantly finding new areas to correct (got the 3D Shapeways cockpit windows, gunwell windows, Photoetched grills and cockpit light up parts, custom LED lighting package) now I realize I need to cut the entire spine details on top of the tunnel way to the cockpit so I can recess it and sink it down by 1mm - I think this will be a very slow build... :(