Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Could be - not sure on that one but it wouldn't surprise me. I personally love the Wave 1/100 kits so far - absolutely no issues with assembly, I like the break down of parts etc. Wish they did not mould the 1A in flesh color plastic though. Also kinda annoying that they dont sell a stand alone gerwalk kit - you make that from having the battroid and jet kits together. Not terrible but sucks if you want to do a "all modes" display together (you'd need four kits to do it....)

Well I think I am going to call this done... the close ups reveal some things I wish were better and I now realize I put the intake warning triangles in the wrong spot but ahh well.....

003_zpsukdspbuh.jpg

004_zpst3wvxndr.jpg

008_zpsforvlbs6.jpg

Excellent build, congratulations! Such a beautiful color scheme, who in their right mind wouldn't love this?

Oh, and a little contribution of my own. Not anime, but definitely worth WATCHing! :lol:

post-632-0-31072400-1467052777_thumb.jpg

Quite a beast!

If you want a shinier surface, you should try a "wetter" paint application. Make just one pass on the part, but have the paint self-level itself (*just before* it will run from the surface or form pools). Let it dry for a day, repeat if more coverage is needed.

Hey Captain, I kind of like automatic watches but couldn't convince myself to pay more than seikos.

Wanna share more about your model? Is it unique or do you plan to make more?

Hi Xigfrid,

I'm basically starting my own brand of automatics. That hand-made prototype is just the beginning of what I started 2 years ago. I'm aiming for a $3600 USD retail with a full titanium case/buckle and Soprod A10 movement. Just like with my models, my motto is do it right, or don't bother doing it at all-- which, according to my engineers, turned into one of the most complicated watch designs they've ever worked on.

You can check-out the Facebook link in my sig, or PM me if you have any questions.

Quite a beast!

If you want a shinier surface, you should try a "wetter" paint application. Make just one pass on the part, but have the paint self-level itself (*just before* it will run from the surface or form pools). Let it dry for a day, repeat if more coverage is needed.

I've been using this Rustoleum Paint + Primer Glossy colors for a while now, and it's very difficult to explain why sometimes it lays down perfectly glossy and sometimes more of a semi-gloss or almost satin look when decanted and sprayed through my airbrush. I can't explain it. I have a feeling it has to do with either A. Type of Resin used and or the Shapeways material. --- B. Primer and sanding application, or --- C. The freakin heat and humidity I have to deal with in TX almost year around. OR a combination of all of the above. It's a continuous mystery! :ph34r:

Edited by derex3592

For good gloss coats you may need to switch to an airbrush with a larger tip size. (likely a small spray-gun). Check these great videos out for more info.

Edited by Chas

Well I think I am going to call this done... the close ups reveal some things I wish were better and I now realize I put the intake warning triangles in the wrong spot but ahh well.....

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/petrov27/003_zpsukdspbuh.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/petrov27/004_zpst3wvxndr.jpg

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj150/petrov27/008_zpsforvlbs6.jpg

Max VF-1A is best VF-1A

Very nice work!

Here is my present time building: the 1/60 Vic Viper from the video game Gradius...

Box art and sprues :

IMG_5175.jpg
Building (a pain in the a..,):
Painting:
557324IMG1323.jpg
That's all folks !

hmmm that Vic Viper looks pretty good! certain parts of it have a very Valkyrie-esque look about them! The cockpit canopy in particular! Don't you think?

Love your work on the paint job too! B))

Good timing! With the recent restoration, there's tons of new reference material available.

Yes, I'm catching the bug too with all my Es sitting in my stash... not saying I can actually make any time for it, but its awfully tempting..

and keep the blutac away from your cockpit screen decals... I use it to mask off intakes and cockpits once they are done to paint the outside and have pulled up a screen decal before... no going back from that one!

Xigfrid's excellent 1:60 Macross Plus Ghost X9 kit. It was extremely well designed and I had zero problems with it really. I did not use one single drop of any kind of glue. It is all held together with intelligent design and a few tiny screws. Great kit. Painted with rattle can Home Depot/Tamiya lacquer paints. Anyone on the fence, get it! I will post some more pics in a few weeks when I get it on a Yetistand along with the Arcadia 19 and Yamato 21. Last pic is without Fast Packs, which are removable!

post-11393-0-21630200-1467854789_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-18182300-1467854815_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-26278900-1467854831_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-70874600-1467854849_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-09699800-1467854877_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-16243000-1467854909_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-05377000-1467854966_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-39694100-1467854988_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-16306800-1467855024_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-40277300-1467855511_thumb.jpeg

Edited by derex3592

I have one of those Boba Fett kits and 2 sand troopers that I ordered from Hlj just before the embargo. It looks like a fairly simple build and the grey looks like primer gray could work for most of it.

Were you going to do any paint chipping on the armor?