Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Fun with magnets finally done. 1/20,000 SDF-1. I'm calling it the Cosmo Fleet Custom.

Props for who ever can catch all the line-art mistakes! Don't worry, I wont be offended.

post-18429-0-31509700-1461955545_thumb.jpg

post-18429-0-90387700-1461955574_thumb.jpg

Edited by arbit

Between painting the SV-51 and wrecking things in Warthunder tonight I messed round with decal options for my Marine VF-1 unit.

Ended up with

SVMFA-69 The Seal Clubbers - ARMD-06 Enterprise or ARMD-00 Constitution

Unit Logo the Ace Of Clubs and a Seal with variations on that theme.

a8fead41eec0df8c3f8c1d4df2ae6d75a476e111

Basically ripping one of the Decal packs from the Warthunder CDK and converted it tonight to EPS vector format to make actual 1/72 scale super pack and tail fin decals out of.

They are a Marine Attack Fighter unit usually mounting either a pair of SUPER PACKS or a pair of Twin Beam Cannon STRIKE PACKS (dubbed the MJOLNIR PACK - for when the hammer needs to be brought down) with Reaction Missile loadouts for Capital ship hunting, Counter Recon and Command Neutralization missions.

Also berthed on the same carriers are:

SVMAQ-2 The Death Jesters

150px-MCS149.jpg

And

SVMF-122 The Werewolves

200px-VMFA-122_insignia_werewolve.png

I'll put up the results of the decal printing tomorrow night

Edited by NZEOD

Cool Arbit!

NZEOD, PITA members everywhere are cursing you right now for your "Seal Clubber" decals :lol:

Looking cool Derex! I wish I still had mine from years ago - different manufacturer. - MT

NZEOD, PITA members everywhere are cursing you right now for your "Seal Clubber" decals :lol:

I think you mean "PETA", though they are a p.i.t.a.

Decide to paint up my second Jetfire conversion.

I'll give you three guesses what I'm going for and the the first two don't count.

26607511700_37f829c8ba.jpg

My previous effort was my first time painting anything. I used regular tape for masking and tamiya spray cans and had do to a lack of experience and control.

This time around I decided to go with hand-brushed acrylics, tamiya masking tape, and was a lot more patient and careful.

Edited by Mazinger

I'm planning to do the 1/100 Macross Factory for my HM-Rs. Has anyone seen any good completed ones for ideas? I've found a lot of the 1/60 scratch builds images on MW, but not much for the 1/100.

Edited by arbit

I'm planning to do the 1/100 Macross Factory for my HM-Rs. Has anyone seen any good completed ones for ideas? I've found a lot of the 1/60 scratch builds images on MW, but not much for the 1/100.

These are my personal favorites.
This one is my absolute favorite-I love what they did especially with the trucks
This one is nice and clean:
This is sort of minimalist but still nice:
Scroll down to the end see one with green doors. I like when they go different directions like this:
This one is just crazy insane awesome because of how bizarre it is (scroll down):

crazysteve, thanks for those Factory images. I will probably do a mix of some of those ideas, aiming for darker colors. If I had more skill, I would try lighter anime colors, but I don't think I could pull it off.

You're welcome. Here's one more now that you mentioned doing a darker color-it's a pretty dark paint job that I liked:

I looked through my notes and found a couple more items of interest related to the factory:
This one has just a wild, over the top dusty look:
These are the figures done up by the person who did my favorite build:
And this is my favorite armored 1J from the set:

Finally got a little time at the workbench today to work on Baby Crabs. I must say, I think that's the first time I've ever painted anything pink.. LOL.. anyways, I free handed the black outline on the arm with a fine point Sharpie.. only thing I could think of to do the trick. If I can make the other 3 look that good, I'm gonna call it a win!

post-11393-0-24064700-1463352995_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-32412600-1463353007_thumb.jpg

I'd call that a win. Amazing how the addition of the black line has given the impression of darkening the pink and the red as well.

Right... yes I have actually made some progress and now have the SV-51 built and preshaded ready for a wild Russian Splinter camo, the VF-0B built, Preshaded, base painted and ready for decals as the Space Proving version, the VF-1J Minmay Special painted and ready for decals, the VF-0C mostly built and ready for metallic detailing and the decals ready to make it a VMFA-122 Werewolves version, and all mounted with their magnets to fit in the cases. Making a VF-1 into a British version in honour of my old man who died last night. His father was one of the chief designers of the English Electric Lightning Fighter. The VF-4 is being redone from blue to red as I cant source decent VFA-213 Black Lions Decals in 1/72 scale anymore so its to become the 70th Anniversary CAG scheme of VFA-41 Black Aces.

The VF-0C and VF-0D are HUGE too!

Photos tonight of the work done so far.

Edited by NZEOD

Condolences to you and your family.

Thanks. We are a Services family with Army, Airforce and Police as well as a Doctor in the family so death is a part of life for us.

Right... yes I have actually made some progress and now have the SV-51 built and preshaded ready for a wild Russian Splinter camo, the VF-0B built, Preshaded, base painted and ready for decals as the Space Proving version, the VF-1J Minmay Special painted and ready for decals, the VF-0C mostly built and ready for metallic detailing and the decals ready to make it a VMFA-122 Werewolves version, and all mounted with their magnets to fit in the cases. Making a VF-1 into a British version in honour of my old man who died last night. His father was one of the chief designers of the English Electric Lightning Fighter. The VF-4 is being redone from blue to red as I cant source decent VFA-213 Black Lions Decals in 1/72 scale anymore so its to become the 70th Anniversary CAG scheme of VFA-41 Black Aces.

The VF-0C and VF-0D are HUGE too!

Photos tonight of the work done so far.

Prayers and condolences to you and yours sir. When I lost my granddad a couple of years ago , I spent a week straight at my bench. It really helped.

Kenny

Condolences for your old man.

Did you only paint the Minmay VF-1 or have you used some stickers? The incoming Arcadia VF-1S just remind me how bad I want a Minmay guard custom!

ITs the Haswgawa kit so its Paint and Decals. You paint the base white, then mix up a Tamiya Red 40 parts, Orange 10 parts and White 50 parts mix and you get the red/pink colour for the arms, top fuselage, tail fins and wingtips. I've just finished that stage and am doing the Future coat and decals next.

Prayers and condolences to you and yours sir. When I lost my granddad a couple of years ago , I spent a week straight at my bench. It really helped.

Kenny

when my grandad passed I was on a promotion course and the army threatened me with being RTUd if I took a day to attend the funeral. Then they let a Maori guy leave course for 5 days to attend his distant cousins funeral with no issues as its his cultural right....

yeah.

when my grandad passed I was on a promotion course and the army threatened me with being RTUd if I took a day to attend the funeral. Then they let a Maori guy leave course for 5 days to attend his distant cousins funeral with no issues as its his cultural right....

yeah.

Man that's harsh on so many levels, it's your grandad, need you say more.

Edited by big F

Thank you for the tips, gonna rethink this custom ;)

you can get the decals via Chinese makers now. So different sizes will be out there too. Don't bail on the idea yet.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/water-slide-decals-Macross-Lynn-Minmay-for-different-scales-model-kits-63745-/172015456431

Edited by NZEOD