Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Progress on the display boards

Made some Ali lens shrouds, Acrylic lens covers and used frosted clear tint over that to make them diffuse.

Plug fitted behind each panel. Loom runs in the ceiling cavity and down into the PC room to the wall mounted transformer.

Wired in pairs across the hallway so they come on in pairs down the length of the hall.

Made the 6mm diameter acrylic rods, 3 for each Fighter, with one 5mm N45 Rare Earth magnet in each tip. The fighters get the same magnet embedded in their landing gear bays.

One Häfele LOOX Lighting system transformer powers them all.

Everything is test fitted for now and being stress tested tonight to see how much heat is generated. Wiring still the be sorted and hidden.

IMG_20160420_201139_zps5sufhiqi.jpg

IMG_20160420_201314_zps5spxk7wy.jpgIMG_20160420_201342_zpstl1mihzr.jpgIMG_20160420_201425_zpspc4htrgm.jpgIMG_20160420_201151_zpsjai3b8du.jpgIMG_20160420_201518_zpssnxzlnap.jpg

I have pictured the VF-25S to be 14m53 high without the antennas

Anyone who can speak Japanese ?

post-15880-0-49818900-1461166619_thumb.jpg

According to this little guy, who generally is 1m80 tall, the lobster should be 12m80 high (without high beam canon). It is pictured on the side of the 25S. This is very small.

The intermediate size, the guy would be 2m40 (quite big hein), the lobster is then 17m10: this is my preferred looking size.

The larger size, the guy is 2m95 (a giant!). The lobster would match the 30m height given by Macross Mecha Manual, including the laser canon. The size is also believable for the lobster but not the guy.

post-15880-0-17746800-1461167319_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the comments!

At 1:400 scale, Queen Mary 2 is 87 cm long, but only a little over 10 cm in width. A long skinny huge ship. For fun, I pulled Academy's Titanic out of the stash (also 1:400), and if you were to make Queen Mary 2 into a tub, you'd be able to float Titanic in it, and move forwards and backwards a little.

I will be very happy when the case is built, and she's installed at the travel agency. For now, she rests in the one room in the house that the cats have no access to.

Edited by VF-19

I have pictured the VF-25S to be 14m53 high without the antennas

Anyone who can speak Japanese ?

It's backwards. It says "human size".

The larger size, the guy is 2m95 (a giant!). The lobster would match the 30m height given by Macross Mecha Manual, including the laser canon. The size is also believable for the lobster but not the guy.

That size (30 m) appears to come from the movie version. You're reference images appear to come from the TV version. You could say that one is accurate, and the other is in error.

Or they're both accurate to themselves. I'd recommend going with what looks closest, but doesn't break the bank when you make it.

30m... even though its going to be crippling.

Second option is the next size down as long as its still bigger than the Valkyrie.

It's backwards. It says "human size".

That size (30 m) appears to come from the movie version. You're reference images appear to come from the TV version. You could say that one is accurate, and the other is in error.

Or they're both accurate to themselves. I'd recommend going with what looks closest, but doesn't break the bank when you make it.

Thank you so much for the clarifications! Now I feel relieved if I choose the intermediate size!

30m... even though its going to be crippling.

Second option is the next size down as long as its still bigger than the Valkyrie.

I think I prefer the intermediate size, but I will reduce the details size to match the TV, that means reduce the head size a bit for instance. BTW I will imagine the Vajra are like reallife lobsters: they can grow infinitly so all sizes are correct.

Only the bigger ones can fight a VF-25 and the largest can destroy the convoy where Ranka was an infant (this one is like 100m high! and even pictured in the TV episodes)

Yeah I'd guess they'd continue to grow and the carapace harden and grow darker with more vibrant "tattoo" patterning with age.

The middle sized ones would be the cost effect ones but remember to keep the horror of a biomechanical monster like a Tyranid bio titan. So some size and power and menace would be ok

It was an old unused cross ways hallway. I split it in half and the PC gets a fan cooled room that's sound proofed and the other side became a walk in wardroom for the guest room. Still need to get the wallpaper printed (some sort of Above The Clouds theme wallpaper) and finish the painting. Its on the list.

@VF-19 - That QE-2 looks great! I like the details. It looks like the pools even have resin in them for a "wet" look.

@NZEOD - That hallway is looking great!!! It will look great with some kits in there! - MT

Did the unfun task last night and went into the roof space to lay the cables to all the paneling. Kiwi houses have lower angle roofs with lots of bracing, lots of Fibreglass insulation and a lot of heat trapped up there. Would rather spend all night in the rain and cold in an OP on a windy hillside than spend 10mins up there.

Found some Adafruit Unlatched relay boards for $11NZD each and will have one on each pair of panels to switch them on at intervals. All be controlled from an Arduino Uno Board and triggered by a PIR sensor in the hall ceiling.

Edited by NZEOD

Our house has the same style roof as yours, much the same as you found a pain in the ass to work in, you eaither get real hot, or covered in itchy fibreglass or if you are really lucky both.

Running lighting and network cables was something particularly fun.....😢

Edited by big F

Our house has the same style roof as yours, much the same as you found a pain in the ass to work in, you eaither get real hot, or covered in itchy fibreglass or if you are really lucky both.

Running lighting and network cables was something particularly fun.....

That's why they invented tyvek bunny suits.

yeah.. see that requires forward planning and a concern for personal safety and comfort...

Edited by NZEOD

I need on in my hall display... now show us how to make a VF-30 Chronos in 1/72 and you skills are complete!

Edited by NZEOD

Nice anime blue on the Yamato. I'm working on my 1/1000 to have lighting effects. But really slowed down because my pin-vice will just not drill through the turrets. Bummer...

Not a model per se. Working on converting a very rusted, very yellowed Jetfire to a VF-1D.

Wanna give props to gwfalcon for hooking me up with the 1D head.

Wanted to give the swivel thigh / pen modification a shot. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

26600446095_eaf817762c.jpg

VF Conversion #2, the pen mod by Mazinger

Now if only someone would print or mold some 1/55 1A and 1J heads...

Edited by Mazinger

Had a moment of doubt when I remembered the SV-51 is WAYYYYYY bigger that any of the VFs and it maynot fit in the display case.

Slapped it together quick and luckily it DOES fit.... ones the wingtip launchers are on its only JUST fitting but it fits!

And the magnetic rods hold it upside down just fine so thats another tick in the box.

Painting on the SV will begin tomorrow.

IMG_20160423_144951_zpshwi2sj8e.jpgIMG_20160423_201028_zps3d4bjf2b.jpgIMG_20160423_204803_zpsnzldposg.jpgIMG_20160423_204825_zpsiuu8asin.jpg

Not a model per se. Working on converting a very rusted, very yellowed Jetfire to a VF-1D.

Wanna give props to gwfalcon for hooking me up with the 1D head.

Wanted to give the swivel thigh / pen modification a shot. What could possibly go wrong? :lol:

26600446095_eaf817762c.jpg

VF Conversion #2, the pen mod by Mazinger

Now if only someone would print or mold some 1/55 1A and 1J heads...

Great idea. I remember wanting one of those so bad as a kid, mainly because it looked exactly like a VF!

29 cm high, 64 cm long with high beam canon, 48cm without. Sounds intimidating for a 26cm high VF-25 !

I know the size has already been decided but here is a pic I found:

post-7577-0-66545500-1461921986_thumb.jpg

That's one big sucka!

13907492086_f9e99e5813_o.jpg

That's one big sucka!

Thank you for the pic, this one is the illustration of the "movie" size of 30m height with beam canon. Don't worry, I also found a way to slightly increase the lobster height by making a bigger chest and still not increasing a lot the printing price, so it would be pretty impressive!

attachicon.gif13907492086_f9e99e5813_o.jpg

That's one big sucka!

Khyron/Kamjin is still way too big to fold into that Glaug...

Would have starting priming today if the weather had been cooperative.

attachicon.gifChMQ9rBUoAAwthT.jpg

Split your Ailerons and Flaps up... have the flaps at 45 down and the ailerons at 30... looks cool