Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

...If the cargo bays opened up, a six foot tall person could sleep (or ride) inside this beast! ...

Imagine having a casket in the shape of the shuttle and being shot off into space for a burial!

Yes, smaller is better :lol: I've always had a preference for small scale models as it meant being cheaper and easier to build armies or fleets.

Imagine having a casket in the shape of the shuttle and being shot off into space for a burial!

Yes, smaller is better :lol: I've always had a preference for small scale models as it meant being cheaper and easier to build armies or fleets.

A shuttle casket / space launch would be interesting. Reminds me of Spock being shot out in a photon torpedo (I know, my geek is showing).

A guy in our modelling club (we also meet in the museum) completed an aircraft carrier complete with all the planes. He asked if he's a "prolific builder" now :p When I bought the 1/350th Gallery Models (Trumpeter) LHD-1 Wasp, it came with EVERYTHING so now for a fraction of what I would have paid for in bigger scales or taken up in room, I have an amphib ship, 2 LCACs, 2 LCUs, flight deck equipment gallore, several tanks and wheeled armored vehicles, artillary, and several Marine aircraft! I agree, smaller is better (and they can't bury you in your model). - MT

Yeah, I'm still working on them. Had a lot of bad weather and illness last month to delay me a bit. Should be able to finish by tomorrow.

post-12411-0-69811100-1446900932_thumb.jpg

EDIT: Just to clarify, it was a persistent head-cold, nothing serious!

Edited by Jefuemon

Yeah, I'm still working on them. Had a lot of bad weather and illness last month to delay me a bit. Should be able to finish by tomorrow.

attachicon.gif151107_213603.jpg

EDIT: Just to clarify, it was a persistent head-cold, nothing serious!

Looks great dude, the VF-17 looks wicked like that!

And yes head colds blow!

Hey Grayson it's: http://paxmuseum.com/

As long as the Nov 6th photo is up there, it shows part of an early SH-3 Sea King we just moved into the hanger last week! The Director of NASA was our key speaker and everything went great! That actual building may not be open until Spring - date still pending getting displays and some of the basics sorted out. - MT

Nice work on that Falcon. I have an MPC kit that I need to get to at some point. As well as the X-wings that are starting to come in, both Revell and Bandai.My SDF-1 also arrived today. Don't know when I'll get to that either. I have a bit of a model back-log of mid-builds to slog through. Which brings an update on my F4U-1D. I finally have her up on her gear. Next is a gloss coat and decals and then weathering. And a little more paint touch up before then... Oh well...

DSCF9871_zpsapo6kudl.jpg

Edited by Thom

I just finished the Revell Magnaguard fighter. I built it as a hypothetical Porax P388 Mass Production type. I figured it could have been in service early in the rebellion.

It's finished in Vallejo and Createx enamels with a burnt umber filter, some pin oil washes, pastels, salt and sponge chipping.

The cockpit was mostly scratchbuilt as was the aircrew. I removed the goofy comb-like thrusters, the bulky sensor cabling and added little RCS blisters all over the thing.

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

111_3943_zpswamxxh0w.jpg

111_3944_zpsiepyy7vr.jpg

111_3945_zpsm2ljudf0.jpg

111_3947_zps2ugizjrx.jpg

Edited by Lt. Z0mBe

Thanks guys! Had time this morning to knock up a quick temporary base for this monster!

Base looks fab! ^_^ After all the work you have put into this Falcon, it will be a shame to let it go! -_-

Very inspiring Derex!

I am testing the lights tonight, and even if they are totally gadget I really like them!

That's very cool! B))

Hello,

long time I haven't been there.

Here is the kit lying on my workbench: a 1/48 two seat Rafale. She will be painted with "UN Spacy" markings.

IMG_0298.jpg

The painted cockpit:
IMG_0301.jpg
resin CFT from Wolfpack in place:
IMG_0307.jpg
Cutting the wings in order to create "winglets" with 1/72 tomcat fins:
F5FBB91C-D188-4049-A05D-10B48FFA90EA.jpg
FCFEB591-45D4-4123-910E-03D56732CABB.jpg
Wings nearly completed:
6C5F9497-AF35-4F95-BA12-88BB9031CE3E.jpg
I don't know if I can create a dedicated post in the area "The Workshop"...
Regards,

Just be aware the Rafale has the wing control surfaces in the upward position on takeoff, and not down like flaps on a non Delta wing plane...

Trying to stick with my half hour per day commitment. Got about an hour and a half tonight, to make up for previous night's misses.

I'll update the main thread soon, but here's what's done tonight. Head has had the seems filled and repainted and the heat sheild got some camo treatment.

post-10360-0-91171300-1448538969_thumb.jpg

Getting close now....I could go on to "ultra detailing mode", tiny "=" sign decals I custom made for my FM's and adding tiny styrene bits here and there and so on, but I consulted with the owner today and budget is dictating I wrap this up sooner than later.. :ph34r::lol:

NIce! Also dig the pic of pops jamming for baby.

Thanks guys. Yeh, that's my all time favorite pic of my dad that we lost to Alzheimer's a couple of years ago. I keep it close so he can watch me build models. He helped me build...or really he built them and I watched....my earliest kits as a kid and always encouraged me with the hobby. Got me my first airbrush and compressor when I was a teenager.