Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Umm... yeah, I don't think any Badger is ever $400 - even Iwatas (the Ferrari of airbrushes are hardly more than $250usd) In fact $90 for a Badger seems a bit expensive, you can get a much better gravity feed dual action Iwata for $90-$100usd. Don't let that ridiculous MSRP fool you.

No, it's normally in between $200 and $300 from many online retailers. It's to compete with the Iwata Micron, which easily sells for $300 and well over $400.

So, $90 for a $200 pos Badger is a rip off.

Liquidation, also not worth the money: $50 - http://www.upcycledsavings.com/index.php/UpcycledSavings/pd1581938/Badger_Air-Brush_Co_Sotar_2020-2F_Large_Gravit_by_Badger_Air-Brush_Co.

Get an Iwata, its worth it. I learned on a Badger 200IL for 15yrs, then got 2 Iwatas an HP-BC and HP-C and they are light years ahead. I can't even really compare them to the Badger as they aren't even in the same ballpark.

Personally, I always got frustrated with my Badger dual action. There always seemed to be something and I baby my airbrushes. The upside is that places like Michael's have a lot of parts for them in store. - MT

And, for the record, they're refurbished or demo models. Doesn't mean they won't paint a fine line but can end up with early wear and sticky triggers.

And yes, the msrp is $316. Most places don't sell them for over $200. They usually blow out remainders and demo models @ conventions for about $50.

So I can report...as expected...these figure kits are awesomeness. This is about two hours work, at a slow pace today, while cooking ribs, and rewatching SDF Macross. Only tools used, Xuron snippers and Xacto knife..

post-11393-0-18513300-1444594245_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

It is part of Bandai's new 1/12 Star Wars figure line. Fully poseable with joints. Basically made for beginners or more advanced modelers. Just depends on what you feel like. All Bandai's new kits don't require glue or paint unless you want to. So the model guy in me won out and I did go ahead and paint the orange shoulder pad and the grey backpack parts with Tamiya acrylics. Also going to paint all the gun parts flat black just cause.

post-11393-0-98215600-1444603405_thumb.jpeg

post-11393-0-33809100-1444603424_thumb.jpeg

No, it's the 1/48 Tamiya kit.

I will say when I do another with the wings down, I'll put the inner and outer wing sections together before gluing the tops and bottoms together.

It was a hassle getting the fold seam even. In that I wasn't as successful as I had wanted to be... :rolleyes:

That looks incredible! Can you describe this "Negative Shading" you mentioned? I haven't heard the term before.

Do you start with a dark base and then airbrush the lighter colour on top of that?

Edited by mickyg

Do you start with a dark base and then airbrush the lighter colour on top of that?

Exactly like that. Hobby Japan propagated it as the "Max technique" in the earlier years of gunpla, where Max Watanabe would start with a black base coat and gradually build up layers of white upon that, but I think it works better (and easier) with the colors not too far apart. It gives a nice structure to otherwise plain surfaces without looking overly weathered, and you can achieve interesting shifting of colors.

Finally some free time to work on kits that have been either sitting in their boxes or some that need dusted off and touched. Roy is in need of both. B))

I've had the VF-0A kit for about a year now, lots of work still and decals but it's getting there! I'm also working on my 1/4000 SDF-1 Resin kit, down side is I am missing parts to that one, my have to make custom pieces to complete it.

post-6180-0-51373400-1445384735_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-16270400-1445384750_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-26730500-1445384779_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-99273000-1445384792_thumb.jpg

Hello,

long time I haven't been there.

Here is the kit lying on my workbench: a 1/48 two seat Rafale. She will be painted with "UN Spacy" markings.

IMG_0298.jpg

The painted cockpit:
IMG_0301.jpg
resin CFT from Wolfpack in place:
IMG_0307.jpg
Cutting the wings in order to create "winglets" with 1/72 tomcat fins:
F5FBB91C-D188-4049-A05D-10B48FFA90EA.jpg
FCFEB591-45D4-4123-910E-03D56732CABB.jpg
Wings nearly completed:
6C5F9497-AF35-4F95-BA12-88BB9031CE3E.jpg
I don't know if I can create a dedicated post in the area "The Workshop"...
Regards,
Edited by Hervé