Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Some progress today on the scout pod, which is ready for paint...would've been more progress had I not been out of every single color paint I wanted to paint today. Oh well. Maybe next weekend. Also in case someone missed it I am looking for a set of the thigh parts for the baby crabs which were left out of the kit by mistake and the molds have since been thrown out. I have a post over in the wanted section if any of you Mospeada guys can help me out I would greatly appreciate it. :-)

post-11393-0-63993600-1440950390_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-71129700-1440950404_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-32611000-1440950504_thumb.jpg

Looking good guys!

What's bad about the kit Schizo? Revell has some good 1/144 stuff, especially the Euro ones. It might be another companies original mold? Revell Germany even has original Matchbox molds in their line.- MT

My research suggests this kit is a Revell original dating back to 1983. If you told me the mold was 32 years old I'd believe you. The amount of flash, scarring, and warpage is ridiculous. There are sizable bubbles in the plastic and the fit for most of the parts is dubious at best. It's even a Revell Germany kit, and the quality is this bad.

But I do love me some Concorde and nobody else has made a kit for Concorde. Local hobby store had this lying around so I figured "why not". Suffice to say, I remember why I stopped buying Revell kits. When I'm finished with this thing, I'm tucking it in a corner where no one can see how much extra work I'm gonna have to put into it to make it look halfway decent.

founds these old kits buried in storage the other day.. both are in decent shape still but I think the Messerschmitt might be missing a few parts which were used on another kit. Decal kit is way past its use by date I think. Might bin this one.

haven't built a kit in a long while but I think I might give the Tomcat a go! Missing one of the pilots again I think went to another kit for what ever reason but everything else is still good. Decal sheet might still be useful.. maybe. Looks ok.

20150831_211646.jpg

Despite the fact that I never seem to finish much, here's another build on the table...

The Colonial Battleship Zeus.

The backbone of the Colonial Fleet at the outbreak of the Cylon War, they stood against the relentless tide of Cylon ships until the Raiders appeared in heavy numbers. Without fighter protection of their own, the Atlas class battleships suffered greatly - until the refit. Later ships than the Zeus had their hulls lengthened and flight bays fitted to either side, creating what would be the epitome of Colonial fleet technology for decades to come - the battlestar...

So, here's the WIP of the father of the battlestar.

TPtijh0.jpg

~I'm all about that base, 'bout that base~

post-12411-0-18284400-1441375781_thumb.jpg

Didn't do any building during August, but for a good reason. Parents were here for most of the month, and hadn't seen them in about 5 years. These should go fast, hopefully have everything done by the end of the month. Then no more group builds!!!!

what is that Jefuemon? It looks cool!

They are the bases for the Macross model kits

Yes. Those are the launch bases for the 1/144 scale Digital Mission kits. Going to do them in 2 batches of 3.

Holy ... I've been building this one like 3 times and everytime it ended up really bad, followed by a nice flight into the trashcan or having fun with fireworks :D

A painful reminder of why I stopped buying Revell kits. I should have just saved the money towards a down payment on a motorcycle.

JmSkJVI.jpg

In general when I work with big pieces in WSF plastic from Shapeways, I really don't like to work on them: WSF is such a tough material that the sand paper get used way before the plastic has aquired the desired shape.

BUT sometimes when I work with smaller pieces, WSF is so fun to work and scult ! Just a cutter and get the details to popup, get rid of a small chip there and there.

Having fun with RC cars and my latest project in WSF, still preparing for painting, these will be slow.

post-15880-0-30811300-1441655691_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-84321800-1441655702_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-96764400-1441655714_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-56154000-1441655776_thumb.jpg

post-15880-0-05197300-1441655785_thumb.jpg

Despite the fact that I never seem to finish much, here's another build on the table...

The Colonial Battleship Zeus.

The backbone of the Colonial Fleet at the outbreak of the Cylon War, they stood against the relentless tide of Cylon ships until the Raiders appeared in heavy numbers. Without fighter protection of their own, the Atlas class battleships suffered greatly - until the refit. Later ships than the Zeus had their hulls lengthened and flight bays fitted to either side, creating what would be the epitome of Colonial fleet technology for decades to come - the battlestar...

So, here's the WIP of the father of the battlestar.

TPtijh0.jpg

I look forward to seeing this one completed! B))