Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

If anyone is interested....I noticed Starship Modeler has the remastered newer version of the Tie Bomber kit up for sale. The new version comes with a cockpit, decals and a few other slight differences. dohh!

http://starshipmodeler.biz/shop/index.cfm/product/2782_40/172-imperial-twin-bombardier.html

Finished putting decals on the Pickle Squad yesterday. It's, uh, interesting using almost 30 year old decals...

Let's see some pix!

That Huge! Where can one get one of these?

it can be found here

http://www.mypapercraft.net/neon-genesis-evangelion-eva-01-paper-model

or here

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-eva-01-ver-2-free-papercraft-download.html

just print it in A3 or equivalent size, and use thick paper.... 250 gsm paper is what i use on this one

it can be found here

http://www.mypapercraft.net/neon-genesis-evangelion-eva-01-paper-model

or here

http://www.papercraftsquare.com/neon-genesis-evangelion-eva-01-ver-2-free-papercraft-download.html

just print it in A3 or equivalent size, and use thick paper.... 250 gsm paper is what i use on this one

Are you going to seal the model with something? Once dust gets on paper, it's pretty much impossible to clean without leaving a grayish smear on the surface.

Are you going to seal the model with something? Once dust gets on paper, it's pretty much impossible to clean without leaving a grayish smear on the surface.

Yes im gonna seal, prime, paint and then seal again...

Derex, that came out great!

Nyankodevice,that thing is big enough to put by the door and scare salesmen away!-MT

My mom and grandma came to visit and my grandma paused by The door for 3 seconds when she saw it

Very nice work on that TIE bomber, wow. Love the base too.

I didn't know papercraft stuff came that large. I've always been amazed at that sort of modelling.

As for me, finished another custom armored vehicle.

Removed the turret of a sdkfz 231 and made an open-topped command car.

This guy suffered badly in the painting/finishing stages, having fallen from a counter and lost about every attachment and broken every hull seam he's got. Still, we soldiered on.

You can't see it here but he's got a full (if slightly sparse) custom-made interior.

post-659-0-27380200-1425024595_thumb.jpg

Note: I have no idea how to paint wear on tires, so after the litany of setbacks suffered by this poor guy, I left well enough alone rather than tempt fate...but I admit they look out of place.

Edited by Phyrox

WOW!!!!!!! My old Bandai kit feels like a micro-machine toy compared to that EVA!

yea hes gonna be massive, i weren't expecting him to be this big :blink:

and with all the details im gonna add to him.... its gonna take some time! :wacko:

yea hes gonna be massive, i weren't expecting him to be this big :blink:

and with all the details im gonna add to him.... its gonna take some time! :wacko:

Take your time and enjoy the ride! After seeing your SDF-1 this EVA-01 is going to be mind blowing!! B))

So I've been collecting the DeAgostini studio scale Millennium Falcon kit and I thought I'd show what I've done so far.

The thing is going to be massive, it's based on the 32" model created for Empire.

So far we've been putting together the cockpit and some frame and hull panel pieces.

This is what it's supposed to look like when following the instructions.

post-29332-0-45476600-1425320600_thumb.jpg

I decided I wasn't happy with that, so I made a few modifications... ;)

post-29332-0-95046200-1425320669_thumb.jpg

post-29332-0-36910500-1425320712_thumb.jpg

post-29332-0-65462900-1425320758_thumb.jpg

I may redo the seats, but overall I'm much happier than I was with it. The main difference aside from the painting/weathering is that I brought the door at the rear forward as it was too far back IMO.

Can't wait for all the other bits to arrive, it's going to be a long two years!

It's been a while since I did any model making/painting so it's nice to get back into it.

Hope you like. :)

thanks for wmkjr at the yf-25 paladin thread for showing the way on how to get the super parts ready for painting. It was supposed to be simple removing of thruster and front tip, until the other one just wont be removed. I was so desperate since the front tip is already in very ugly state that I said, fraked it, the whole booster parts needs to be separated. After it did, the front tip is just so heavily glued that I need pliers to removed from one side.

DSC_8816_zpsp6bxnmpl.jpg

Whoah... haven't seen them in years. they are 1/144 right? I wanted a few of them back in the day to go with my Tect/bandai kits.

Yes. All 1/144 scale, and they all have the launch hangers from the game.

I'm building them in numerical order, then I'm going to prime, paint, and detail them all at the same time.

I could stare at that all day with The Beast set on loop in my i-pod.

fresh off the boat..err...plane from Japan...Bandai continues to impress! Some great detail on this kit!

At the risk of getting flamed, I actually prefer the Star Wars Rebels version of the AT-ST--just prefer the more streamlined look of it. The original's still a gorgeous classic mech, though.

converting michael super to my own version of 25F supers. I want more white and red and will put some gray to break it down. Other than I want it predominantly white, I dont know how I will accent the booster and leg armors with grays, blacks and reds yet.

DSC_8829_zpsqvwvrxsm.jpg

Edited by chyll2

The VF-19 has huge cancerous growths instead of sensors on the nose, so I did a little surgery. If you don't have a set of metal files in your building tools, I highly recommend them! I bought a cheap set of 6 for around ï¿¥500, and they do the job pretty well.

post-12411-0-80158700-1426138504_thumb.jpg

Is that Hikaru from Flashback 2012?

No, that's You from Macross Digital Mission VF-X. Each of the kits comes with a figure from the game, but I'm not going to be doing anything with the Milky Dolls.