Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Hahaha....ummm...no. The Cap'n made it so the eye and guns could be lit with LED, but I won't be attempting it.

perhaps i will add some leds... i don't know too....

and for joints, even the legs can't be articulated, i am looking for a solution for the arms

As I learned with Pinky Crabs, airbrushing these kits just doesn't cut it for me really, gotta go spray cans for a good hard enamel finish..so with that in mind, I went searching around for a blue-ish green-ish that might look good on the Blueberry Crab. As those who have looked know, the colors vary greatly in the animation so I'm looking for a happy medium. First contender,...what do we think???

post-11393-0-47576000-1405530116_thumb.jpg

Its not a bad shade, but if you could find a slightly darker Slate-Blue shade you'll be in business! Tamiya makes a great dark shade like the pic attached.

This is the color I'd paint mine... if I had one. B))

post-6180-0-43932400-1405533745_thumb.jpg

This going the Birthday present for my son, need to finish before end of next month.

Not problem except the consoles those got many coloured buttons and those are teeny in that scale 1st is a layer of silver over which go the clear colours.

Most likely will use toothpicks (no Brush) for those.

Pics tomorrow in my 'creation' thread.

Michael also needs some colour, LED are working smooth.

post-28656-0-77484900-1405684852_thumb.jpg

Still got the 1/48 Airwolf and Blue Thunder helis somewhere.

Yesterday I was talking about detail painting on KITT.

Below is an image of the steering wheel/instructions and the 2 button panels on it? 2nd image is the roof panel.

In addition there are button panels/led on the dashboard, centre console, roof control panel and accelerator pedal. No decals for those parts.

Not many parts to the kit.

post-28656-0-68626600-1405742005_thumb.jpg

post-28656-0-48207400-1405742794_thumb.jpg

Will take some time to paint the LOT using a magnifying glass.

Edited by CrazyDude

Blue is for normal mode and red for attack mode so.. choose as you want! :)

Red is the standard color.

Blue eye is only on Corg/Battlar. In the series you see a blue eyed Iiaga, then Gurab (actually not sure I recall this one), which is "evolved" into the Gamo, and this one is evolved into the Gosu.

It's pretty clear this is just one guy, evolving through the "ranks."

70 degrees and low humidity in July in TX.... gotta love it!!! however... I hate when I run out of primer on a Sunday. Never again shall I stray from Tamiya Fine Surface Primer. It is the absolute best! So i shall be patient and get more next week.... LOL

post-11393-0-01035500-1405865940_thumb.jpg

70 degrees and low humidity in July in TX.... gotta love it!!! however... I hate when I run out of primer on a Sunday. Never again shall I stray from Tamiya Fine Surface Primer. It is the absolute best! So i shall be patient and get more next week.... LOL

I used to be like that then I discovered that Mr Surfacer can be fired through an air brush. I much prefer it to Tamiya surface primer, particularly when you look at the cost, which is not even close.

And so the painting begins!! Up until today we were having Fall like weather to, perfect time for painting. Your choice of Tamiya blue should look great on the final product, B))

Awesome stuff dudes! I just moved and can't get internet until our house get fixed from flooding (yeah, the first whole day we're at the house)! It's great to stop in and see all this great stuff going down! - MT

Awesome stuff dudes! I just moved and can't get internet until our house get fixed from flooding (yeah, the first whole day we're at the house)! It's great to stop in and see all this great stuff going down! - MT

That sucks. Hope it gets taken care of soon. Nothing beats sleeping on your own bed under your roof.

1st try with Tamiya TS-15 Blue spray can. Thoughts? ... I think I like it. For the price of these damn cans, I think I have to..LOL. Looks like I got a bit of orange peel as it was very humid this morning. Uhhhgggg.

post-11393-0-16061100-1406392298_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-02360500-1406393713_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

1st try with Tamiya TS-15 Blue spray can. Thoughts? ... I think I like it. For the price of these damn cans, I think I have to..LOL. Looks like I got a bit of orange peel as it was very humid this morning. Uhhhgggg.

I like that blue, but more for an Eta Legioss. For a Gamo I tend to think that a more subdued blue (mixed with a bit of grey and just a drop of green) would be ideal, but that's me.

My buildup of Arii's "Metalize Custom" 1/100 Destroid Spartan kit. This was on & off of my workbench so quickly when I built it last weekend that I didn't take any process shots. A simple rubbing with a #2 pencil and a Gundam panel line marker against the cut-off gate points touched up the lack of chrome in those spots. Kit took me maybe 5 hour total, scraping, test-fitting & waiting for glue to dry, and working out a couple of bugs in the engineering.

gallery_1561_662_43070.jpg

Edited by AcroRay

1st try with Tamiya TS-15 Blue spray can. Thoughts?

I think it looks right in the first picture, but maybe it is the lighting that is throwing it off in the second pic. That being said I am far from an inbit scholar so take my advice with a grain of salt.

I'm still happy to watch your progress however. :)