Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

I could scan my instructions and send them if you want, only head differs.

Or you can view them on Hobby Search, great reference site.

I keep all the kit Instructions, build up a bit over 40yrs.

Thanks for the offer, I just wanted to post the p/n for your benefit, but you didn't need it. :) I tried to hold onto my instruction collection as well as box art clippings, but eventually (when you have moved as many times as I have) they just got lost.

I started something new today:

post-22681-0-60227400-1391191466_thumb.jpg

Going to do these both in a custom scheme as if they were a hunter/killer team like the Grumman ASW aircraft of the 50's. I'll probably use a more futuristic paint job though. I'm liking the orange on white the prophecy sports but that could change with time and the acquisition of other kits (read: Messiah and Armoured VF-25's).

I had my first chance to play with the Trumpeter riveting tool tonight and it was a great experience! I'm working on the Airfix A6M2b kit and needed to add some rivets for a few wing panels. It was my first attempt at riveting and it went really well! I also had my first go at creating some missing details with a scribing tool. These also turned out really nice.

I'm beginning to think I'm becoming a card carrying model geek...

I had my first chance to play with the Trumpeter riveting tool tonight and it was a great experience!

I've been wanting to purchase one myself. All in good time I guess. LOL. There so many things to buy and the list keeps growing for some reason.

post-22681-0-67766900-1391264176_thumb.jpg

I came this far with assembly and decided to try the transformation. I hadn't attempted the gimmick with my Lucifer Beta yet so ahead I went until the psychotic rage was nearly palpable... My inner voice pulled out my favourite Lord Humongous quote on me and I took the advice.

I left the head off for now, with all the parts falling off around me (to the amusement of our pets) I thought it best to omit that detail until I'm serious about final configuration and painting.

One thing I did notice about this kit vs the Lucifer: The rear of the shin that protrudes above the fuselage doesn't sit as nicely or as flushly as the VF-27 does. The VF-25 lacks some of the more subtle slots and locks. Too bad.

Edited by modelglue

I have been wanting to get to this project for a long time, and thanks to a Drones group build on another forum I finally can.

post-641-0-81361200-1391428696_thumb.jpg

post-641-0-87253200-1391428703_thumb.jpg

I still have to work on getting the ventral tanks to conform to the fuselage, for a cleaner look, and make some mounts for the tanks/vernier on the top.

Detail shot of a tank/vernier thruster. It isn't shown in the line art but I added it because I wanted to.

post-641-0-86134500-1391428689_thumb.jpg

post-641-0-85787900-1391428712_thumb.jpg

Cheers,

Brett T

Edited by Berttt

Here's my newest project - a Hasegawa Harlock SW-190.

I started this one a few weeks ago but am just now getting around to posting these images.

This design always reminded me of the "unseen" aerospace fighter designs Fasa ahem..."borrowed" from the likes of Crusher Joe. I always imagined the SW190 fighting alongside the Inner Sphere with the likes of the Samurai, for example.

I am going with either Kell Hounds or Wolf's Dragoons on this one. I am also trying to give it some of that balanced asymmetry we see in the technical readouts among the other fighter designs. In the starboard wing, you'll see a medium PPC whereas in the port wing, there's a medium pulse laser housing; these are in place of the kit's small rotary cannons buried in the wing root.

Here's the images I have so far:

111_3807_zps56b5c7dd.jpg
111_3810_zpsae748bac.jpg

111_3827_zps94c2e00f.jpg
111_3826_zps5bff2ef0.jpg
111_3829_zpsa7af79ea.jpg

Working on the display base in the images below. It's going to be a little slice of a Confederate-class dropship exterior. They're basically spherical, erring a bit on the side of egg shaped. In these images I have worked the foam substrate of the base into a rough, scale representation of what the hull should look like. Basically, we're going for a scale spherical cross section for the ship on 1/72 scale. This rough foam substrate will get some dropshippish panels.

111_3830_zpsf79f72da.jpg
111_3832_zpsd0538e24.jpg

Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

Hmm, I didn't realize there was a CJ rip-off within the Aerospace selection! Good on you for doing a crossover with the Space Wolf. I'd like to see more of the PPC and ML if you don't mind? I'd love it if a Samurai made an appearance in '72.

Did you happen to catch my Ma-Cross-Over Space Wolf?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39632&hl=

So I finally made the switch to Mr. Hobby... but I'm finding it difficult to choose between the large bottles and the smaller ones... is there anything in the middle? If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it...

attachicon.gifBe_I78_CMAA8Ogp.jpg

The Mr Color Twitter feed yesterday was full of images of random people lugging that bottle around WF.

Hmm, I didn't realize there was a CJ rip-off within the Aerospace selection! Good on you for doing a crossover with the Space Wolf. I'd like to see more of the PPC and ML if you don't mind? I'd love it if a Samurai made an appearance in '72.

Did you happen to catch my Ma-Cross-Over Space Wolf?

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=39632&hl=

Thanks for the kind words. I have to admit I missed that one of yours. But, I love it!

I will get some more images this week with some close-ups of the PPC/ML

Kenny

My first attempt at panel lining and top coating. I used a Micron marker and Future. This build was also the first time I used the Mico Sol/Set solutions for the decals, never again will I apply decals without them. I used to LOATH putting on decals when I was younger. I sill have some decals to finish putting on and touch up a few areas with the marker before the final top coat.

12489555224_0ff0364b59_b.jpg

12489221383_efc7fe4a0c_b.jpg

Nice work there, that must have been a long process to panel line that Tornado! Any plans to go over the canopy frames? That would really look nice. I like the looks of your collection from what I can see. The Armoured and Tornado are pretty well the only two models I still have 'outstanding' from my collection.

Now that you mention the frame of the canopy, good idea. I'll add it to the list. I'm going to try my hand at painting the cockpit and pilot.......if I can that is. This was a good learning experience, it is the first model I've built in about close to 12 years or so, and I've worked on it in stages over about a year.

Put the Marshydog aside till painting, got a few morer Votoms kits uncoming plus a lot of Votoms paints.

Put a started Fine Molds 1/48 T-47 Airspeeder on the bench.

Undecided if I will paint it in 2-tone low viz grey or as a Racer.

post-28656-0-80146400-1392263068_thumb.jpg

Sorry for lousy pics but camera is still in repairs, using my 2012 Nexus 7.

Today a few kits are crossing the Bench.

Below is a PIC of the 1/12 Wave Powered Suit mime will get a red/purple camp and bed fixed pose.

Next to it is one of my D-Style Patlabors (got all 4 kits) the AV-X0.

Tomorrow it is back to my Bandai 1/72 VF1-A/S with Strike Parts.

post-28656-0-47638300-1392280052_thumb.jpg

Here's a little more for you guys today.

111_3833_zpsc3d32ffe.jpg
111_3836_zps00945c77.jpg

111_3837_zpse3c3b566.jpg
111_3835_zpsf55abd26.jpg]

You'll also notice the canopy in place and masked. After an overnight of drying, the intakes and nozzles will get a Future coat. After that, there's a little more masking and then we can start priming. :)

More to come soon. Comments and criticisms welcome.

Kenny

Hi modelglue.

Yeah, those are the bandai 1/144 macross 7 kits, fighter battroid combo.

I got them in a glass table with an insert drawer, centre is the RG GP01 Zephyrantes, rest of the kits are in a bookshelf. Got them cheap at Yodobashi still need paint and decals.

Don't have much room so no workbench nor painting/air-brushing, I need to rent a commercial space for those. Common here.

Hth.

Edited by CrazyDude

Don't have much room so no workbench nor painting/air-brushing, I need to rent a commercial space for those. Common here.

Yeah, I think I have read that before on MWF. Little space available to the average tenant/home owner. I feel spoiled sometimes with the generous amount of space we have at home.

That glass table with drawer looks cool, though I'd get nothing done with my Macross models inside it. LOL. I bought the four 1/144 models on the cheap too, haven't devoted any time to them though, now that I have the majority of them in 1/72.

Well, After reading most of the post here and enjoying all the works in progress. I figured I should share my work bench also. So here we go... I have a FM Sci Fi Models 1/24 BSG MKII Viper with full lighting. I had started this kit back in 2010 and had to moved it was packed away all this time. I just had to pull it out after seeing a build completed on another site. Also, I have a AMT 1/72 Beast a Valkyrie XB-70 with a full PE set . I spent alittle time on a cockpit with adding seat belts and other detail to the seats. The funny part is you wont see a thing when the model is closed and finish... my bigest problem will be trying to find decals being I have an old kit the decals yellowed...

Hope you enjoy!

Delta227

post-28627-0-64204700-1392420832_thumb.jpg

post-28627-0-35393600-1392420849_thumb.jpg

post-28627-0-64838400-1392421009_thumb.jpg

post-28627-0-42534500-1392421024_thumb.jpg