Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Thank you.... to answer your question its 1/72... I've got a scale addiction, so its that and only that.

Mine's the ESCI kit, which is very similar to the Italeri one, but with a different set of advantages and disadvantages. I've heard great things about your version, so I'm sure you'll have a great time with. I'd suggest you look into a nice set of resin engines like I did which are a problem with both kits.

I've got the same '72 syndrome' you do, must be the air around here. :)

I won't be building anything bigger than a B-25 due to the lack of suitable display space. My Ikea cabinet just won't handle all the veefs and larger planes I have kicking around like the Dakota and Blackbird (nevermind the B-52). I've got a couple (3 actually) Academy Zero kits hanging around, but first I have to finish my Fujimi Gekko. What a chore.

modelglue

Edited by modelglue

Don't really have the time to build my other F-14D kit, so I thought I would try and make the 1st one look as good as it can. The paint is good but the nosecone was a factory defect.... warped like a weeping willow and a bad internal swing wing (tisk-tisk Monogram)

If I have time I'll finish the engines and landing gear next week. B))

post-6180-0-14136600-1380165131_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-15534800-1380165136_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-18323300-1380165147_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-81135700-1380165150_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-43321300-1380165156_thumb.jpg

post-6180-0-22785900-1380165160_thumb.jpg

Nice scheme 505th! I do like the tribute and the airframe. Too bad they never had a real scheme like that.

Even 25 years ago I wasn't happy with Monogram's molding quality. I was bummed when they were the only game in town for some airframes like the B-52 in 1/72nd. Still, they had some cool models with opening doors and full weapons loads like the 1/24th Huey. - MT

Nice scheme 505th! I do like the tribute and the airframe. Too bad they never had a real scheme like that.

Even 25 years ago I wasn't happy with Monogram's molding quality. I was bummed when they were the only game in town for some airframes like the B-52 in 1/72nd. Still, they had some cool models with opening doors and full weapons loads like the 1/24th Huey. - MT

I was even more disapointed with their 1/72 scale StarFury.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/menu.aspx?menu=227&category=4545&utm_source=retail_news&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BigBadToyStore-Retail&utm_content=

Looks like Moebius will be doing the original series Galactica, Viper and Raider in scale with the new series kits! Should be pretty sweet!

Edited by derex3592

Speaking of Monogram, I wonder if those are the BSG re-released molds? The awkward scale looks like it.

Oh, and Toynami's making plush Valkyries. At least it won't have ABS parts to crack! :lol: - MT

Edited by MechTech

Speaking of Monogram, I wonder if those are the BSG re-released molds? The awkward scale looks like it.

Oh, and Toynami's making plush Valkyries. At least it won't have ABS parts to crack! :lol: - MT

No ABS that can crack but I'm sure the sewing will fall apart! :lol:

Thanks guys for the compliments on the F-14/VT-1 I'm building,went for it and ordered the metal landing gear & resin wheels. Eventually it will have a Diorama and maybe some of EXO's flight deck figures.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Indigo, the more I look at the Galactica its true in that she looks far sleeker and advanced while the Mercury Class was just a Big gun toting Behemoth! B))

That Viper was a labor of love, the Blue & White decals are from JT Graphics, which by the way on their FB page a Viper MKIII is in the works (I'll be patient). Definitely going to get the original Galactica, from the most recent pictures it looks plenty detailed to me and with the right paint job, she should look really impressive.

Speaking of really good, what is that awesome kit you've got going on?

1/72 not stock

Beautiful as always - love that scale!!! My only scale too (except toys), although I might be gettin' a bit old for this size, my eyes aren't what they used to be anymore.

Just a quick FYI if not already been released, but my buddy at Smith Bros Hobbies just emailed me that Moebius is making 2 new BSG kits, one will be Colonial One, the second is still under wraps. Fingers crossed for a Raptor or Basestar..... My Galactica needs something to shoot at. B))

ohhhh....that's cool news! I wish someone would cast an in scale Colonial One to the Galactica...yes I know it would be tiny..but still cool. Raptor would be awesomeness and a Basestar would be epic! FYI....I meet Katy Sackoff and Jamie Bamber at Comic Con Fan Days in Dallas last weekend. My company was doing the AV for the Con. Super nice people!

Awesome stuff as usual guys:

505: The best yet from you, its nice seeing your collection grow on here.

HWK: another awesome build. Hey, do you have a finished photo of that M60 you started a few years ago?

Electric: That jehuty is coming along nice.

Greyrider: love the plans... we need more photos!

Cain: nothing small about a 1/72 F-14.

Good stuff guys.