Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Nice J. So what's going inside?

Launch arm, with a VF-1 Black Aces attached. Also have 1 launch personnel to put in, too.

98% of the times I've tried to do anything electrical/mechanical with my builds, it's failed to work. That's why I'm so excited that this came out.

Congrats! Looks really nice. Lighting kits has never been my forte' and have always admired people who o it.

Chris

Check out Evan Designs. They seem to have the best "idiot-resistant" lighting I've seen. What I used was 3 mm quick-flash red, and 5 mm cool white. There is a green one in there too, but it's not working. I imbedded it in some Wave epoxy putty, maybe that futzed it up. Well, for me, 7 out of 8 lights working is a pretty good accomplishment.

That hand looks so real!!! :) Seriously, that looks great! The epoxy shouldn't have done anything unless it has a metal filler to short out the leads. It may just have desoldered. Thanks for sharing that link, I've been trying to find micro surface mounts and I've only seen them at HLJ so far (who is always out of stock). - MT

Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

-this ghastly thing, sorry to say... :angry:

VF-1S-ABANDAI1-72JOHN7-9-13_zpse979cf27.

VF-1S-ABANDAI1-72JOHN7-9-132_zps8b8c65e9

Wa wa wee wa! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

So I've been a bit busy....

Working on what are the two best 72nd kits ever produced (of the same aircraft no less):

7G2_zps647f5df7.jpg

7G3_zpsceec3298.jpg

7I4_zps86f262c8.jpg

7I3_zps6827c12b.jpg

And this CF-18 which is part of the set I'm working on (Hasegawa 72nd)... all it needs is the landing light completed:

7K24_zps8776fdc5.jpg7K23_zpsb9d5f164.jpg

7K21_zps5171abf6.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

Wa wa wee wa! :wub::wub::wub::wub:

i really wanted to love that fu@ker, honest, but it was such an unholy damned mess. the only good thing i could salvage from it all was the 1/72 DYRL Minmay...

Edited by Shaorin

Dobber, mickyG Derex: thank you very much... Its much appreciated as I really love your guys' works on here too.

That F-18 looks great! The weathering and "sludge" came out realistic. Are the Canadian rides really as unwashed as the U.S. Marine's rides? ^_^ -MT

Thanks. Yes, and it used to be worse... alot worse. Marine aircraft's weathering is the wear and tear from the sea and other environments. There generally aren't too many oil leaks and the like. We just didn't clean ours in the 1980s, especially when they were flying in our bases in West Germany. Oil stains and soot were common. Look at the top of the tail you can see where they cleaned off some grime to show the tail insignia. That's how dirty this aircraft is:

6X2_zps72bf3fc5.jpg

6X1_zps2d8f1211.jpg

Edited by Noyhauser

So I've been a bit busy....

Working on what are the two best 72nd kits ever produced (of the same aircraft no less):

7G2_zps647f5df7.jpg

7G3_zpsceec3298.jpg

7I4_zps86f262c8.jpg

7I3_zps6827c12b.jpg

And this CF-18 which is part of the set I'm working on (Hasegawa 72nd)... all it needs is the landing light completed:

7K24_zps8776fdc5.jpg7K23_zpsb9d5f164.jpg

7K21_zps5171abf6.jpg

I really like the 2nd zero kit a lot... which brand is that? Hobby Boss? Eduard?

Edited by Skypoet

@Shaorin, nice Eagle. Will it be a USAF, IAF, JDF bird?

Looking forward to seeing her all painted up.

Chris

thinking of a made-up U.N. SPACY scheme i've in mind, actually. apologies to any "Rivet Counters" round here in advance... :p

Edited by Shaorin

I'm working right now on a 'roll bar' equipped Valkyrie class ship from BSG, This one is named the Aegis and has capabilities akin to an AWACS through its Advanced Range DRADIS system. The ARDRIS.

I'm using the Bad-Azz Valkyrie 1/2500 kit, though I'm scaling it down to 1/4105 and using Paragrafix PE set for the launch bays.

BattlestarValkyrie-Bad-Azz-BoxArt_zpsc6f

BattlestarAegis1006_zpsad21a8fc.jpg

This is after I cut into the resin to fit the PE piece.

BattlestarAegis1016_zpsac5c6a06.jpg

I really like the 2nd zero kit a lot... which brand is that? Hobby Boss? Eduard?

The Fine Molds limited edition... only sold in two parts as separate editions Model Graphix magazine. I personally believe that its one of the most detailed and best engineered 72nd kits ever made. Its got dropped flaps, very very fine raised panels, phenomenal engine detail, ect. While you can't get that one, you can buy the Tamiya kit which has nicer cockpit detail, but no dropped flaps (and significantly cheaper to boot.)

Edited by Noyhauser

Are you doing a Max race version too? Or a regular combat unit?

Closer to a regular combat unit. My first comissions in over 10 years. I'm running out of room to display, so I thought I'd scratch the building itch by doing some commissions! I've got permission to post pics of these once finished, so my next pics on these will be the finished verisons in a couple of weeks...

Does anyone have a set to sell, or could point me in the direction of...

a set of decals to make a 1:72 subdued Air National Guard A-7 "SLUFF" from the mid-late 80's? I bought the Navy version on the cheap and want to paint it OD for a tree-top/canyon wall diorama, like I remember them screaming through Ute Pass in Colorado.

Thanks.

The set you're looking for is the Airdoc 1/72 A-7D sheet with a 120th TFS Colorado ANG bird from 1990. Image courtesy of ARC.

05.jpg

http://www.arcair.com/Rev2/1801-1900/rev1898-AirDOC-adm72016/00.shtm

There is also an earlier Colorado ANG SEA scheme on the sheet. Unfortunately I don't have one but you can find them online:

http://www.shopofphantoms.com/rhino/Pulsar/en_US.Shop.displayShop.5562./adm-48001_-32001

Hope that helps.

Took a little break after my major VF-1/hanger/launch arm build. Ready to dive back in with a 1/32 scale F-4J Phantom II from Tamiya, with a Jolly Rogers decal set, so I can kind of tie it into Macross.

OK...A-7 Corsair II paint question...

After looking on-line at hundreds of pictures, I can't tell if the inside of the air intake is supposed to be Insignia White after the first 6-8 inches, or is it painted Forest Green/Dark Gunship Grey on the subdued ANG birds?

All of the pics of the front views on navy planes, and the Vietnam-era green/brown/white planes all are in Insignia White, or there's the intake close-out when on the ground, but I can't find a good front color view of the scoop that's not in shadow. I've even gone to the 120th TFW website and can't find anything other than "Mile-High Militia" covers in the intakes.

Help?!

I suspect its insignia white... they usually are. It is for F-16s of this vintage, and almost every other fighter. There are always exceptions, but I'd say you'd be safe with white.