Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Not digging it out of the trash, I broke the body in half in frustration. It was horribly hot and humid...but it's freaking TX...lol...not really ever not this time of year. Should have just paid my $45 and gotten the pre finished one they offering now apparently!!! Have you guys seen those? They have a viper, a raider, and a Galactica all pre finished.

Feel your frustration. Living on the Mississippi gulf coast is no better so to avoid painting difficulties I don't do much painting during the summer months. I usually spend the summer building the kits and wait for the cooler months to paint.

just found this exact kit today at a thrift for $1.00, complete, even a brand-new quality fine brush in there, only problem, a missing instruction manual.

if anyone here has built this kit, or a similar one in 1/48, and can spare their manual to send my way, i'd deeply appreciate it...

f-18fbuild001-1_zps48faac0b.jpg

Edited by Shaorin

just found this exact kit today at a thrift for $1.00, complete, even a brand-new quality fine brush in there, only problem, a missing instruction manual.

if anyone here has built this kit, or a similar one in 1/48, and can spare their manual to send my way, i'd deeply appreciate it...

not exactly like it but similar if you just need instructions for assembling it. F/A-18E

if it's 1/48, i don't see why it wouldn't be essentially identical to this 2005 edition kit. if you are willing to send me your manual, please PM me for my mailing info. thanks very much... :)

My kit is a one seater, but you'll figure it out. That's a good find for $1. I have a couple of after market decals but couldn't find myself spending another $60-90 for a two seater. I'll PM you when I get home.

Edited by Checkmate

Go to Hobby Search and click on the photos for the instructions for your kit.

My kit is a one seater, but you'll figure it out. That's a good fund for $1. I have a couple of after market decals but couldn't find myself spending another $60-90 for a two seater. I'll PM you when I get home.

thank you kindly... :)

Go to Hobby Search and click on the photos for the instructions for your kit.

thank you, i appreciate that, but i'd prefer an actual hard copy of same or reasonably similar if i can possibly get one... :)

Edited by Shaorin

you gonna build that kit any time soon??? :)

ugh... thanks a lot for reminding me, I should maybe do some work on that. <_<

I'm still trying to decide what's the best way to break it down for Pianting. (i.e. what I should glue and fill together and what I should leave apart until I'm done.

thank you kindly... :)

thank you, i appreciate that, but i'd prefer an actual hard copy of same or reasonably similar if i can possibly get one... :)

You can print out the photos, Hobby Search provides actual scans of the instructions. I assume Checkmate will also be sending you a scan? :shrug:

10043410z.jpg

You can print out the photos, Hobby Search provides actual scans of the instructions. I assume Checkmate will also be sending you a scan? :shrug:

AFAIK, he would be sending me his original copy. i keep all instructions/paperwork for every model i build, along with all the paperwork for my Valks and other mecha toys...

you gonna build that kit any time soon??? :)

yeah, one of these days soon. i'm close to finishing the REVELL 1/48 AH-64 which i've most recently been working at,

and now that i've shitcanned the BANDAI 1/72 VF-1 (after desiring to give it a half-honest detailing effort, it just ain't worth the hassle. IMO)

i can finish up that APACHE (very nice kit) and start with this HASE...

Edited by Shaorin

AFAIK, he would be sending me his original copy. i keep all instructions/paperwork for every model i build, along with all the paperwork for my Valks and other mecha toys...

Ahh, now I understand. Thinking about it, I guess I would prefer to have the original instructions too.

Hobby Search has the instructions...
Edited by Skypoet

Just started decaling my Black Aces build. So, pretty soon I'll be done with Stage 1 of my 3 stage build.

no pictures builds suspense!! :D

Just started decaling my Black Aces build. So, pretty soon I'll be done with Stage 1 of my 3 stage build.

no pictures builds suspense!! :D

You suck.....I hope your decals rip.

You suck.....I hope your decals rip.

I love you too, Benson! :wub:

Cartograph decals, not much chance of that happening. Hopefully I'll get the major decals down, and the Pro Modelers wash on today.

Phase 2 is building the Wave U Hangers, and putting in the LED's. Phase 3 is building the launch arm, then putting them all together.

待ってください!

I love you too, Benson! :wub:

Cartograph decals, not much chance of that happening. Hopefully I'll get the major decals down, and the Pro Modelers wash on today.

Phase 2 is building the Wave U Hangers, and putting in the LED's. Phase 3 is building the launch arm, then putting them all together.

待ってください!

LOL!! your build sounds great!

You got that for a DOLLAR!!?

I hate, but envy you so much.

I just dropped fifty on one...

:wacko:

$0.99 actually, now that i look at the price label on the box side again. my local VALUE VILLAGE, which can actually manage to live up to their name, on the odd occasion.

definitely complete outside that missing manual. someone hit some minimal areas of it with a quick primer spray or something.

like they gave a few of the frames a real quick and spotty hit, threw it all right back in the box, and proceeded to get distracted elsewhere, never to return to it...

Edited by Shaorin

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a small switch pack with battery, that comes with one or two fairly bright red LED's?

I'm working on my old MPC Maximillian kit from The Black Hole, and want to light up the head visor with Dr Reinharts eyes in it, for the final "Hell" scene diorama.

Thanks.

I recently bought a ton of stuff from these guys. Well, 10 lights with a free 9v battery holder/switch setup.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for a small switch pack with battery, that comes with one or two fairly bright red LED's?

I'm working on my old MPC Maximillian kit from The Black Hole, and want to light up the head visor with Dr Reinharts eyes in it, for the final "Hell" scene diorama.

Thanks.

Ah yes, Maximilian Schell in Maximilian's shell. One of the images from that movie that has always stuck with me.

well, just took the opportunity to stop by my local HOBBY TOWN USA again for the hell of it, and found they had a ton of stock marked down 50%,

including a bunch of HASEGAWA. decided to pick this one up for something like $26 and change;

HASEGAWAF-15ESTRIKEEAGLE1-487-16-139_zps

seems a 2003 reissue of a 1987 kit, with instruction manual dated 1986. a couple minutes of web search

revealed that the 80's original, at the very least, came with this additional sheet, much like the A-4E SKYHAWK and F-4 PHANTOM HASE 1/48s

my father built back when i was a kid;

HASEGAWAF-15ESTRIKEEAGLE1-487-16-1313_zp

- my kit lacks that sheet, for whatever reason, and i've a strong childhood memory of the sheets from those kits my father did,

so i'll shoot in the breeze here and ask if anybody has that same, or similar F-15 sheet that they might be willing to let me have?

hmm... you guy's have got to stop bringing up kits I've got but haven't finished. it makes me feel bad for not working on them. :(

I've got a 75% done Hase F-4 sitting in a box that I haven't touched in a good 5+ years. I've also got a Hase F-15C that has been sitting around almost as long that never got past unpacking and test fitting few parts on.