Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

Going with a heavy weathering and beat up look.

Still have to do some better dry brushing to improve the worn out look bit more. OMG, everything rubs and chips the clear coating during transformation. :angry:

Excuse the poor lighting.

post-4448-0-58368800-1367558331_thumb.jpg

post-4448-0-81643700-1367559278_thumb.jpg

post-4448-0-84140000-1367561661_thumb.jpg

Edited by Valkyrie addict

I like the green. What green did you use?

I actually went a shade darker than all my Zent, Capital Ships.. I used Model Master Dark Green instead of my usual Model Master Interior Green. I figured as a recon vessel it would be darker. Also, it looks more anime accurate to me.

Thought I want to get the Photo Etch parts parts, I'll wait til I get another Mercury Class ship, as well figure out how to make my own LED lighting kit, I've seen a few on Ebay and other sites, way too pricey.

For now I am loving this kit. Sucker is big & heavy! Since its not raining or snowing today, good day for painting! B))

post-6180-0-11555000-1367601613_thumb.jpg

Coming next month, to a workbench near me!

Take one of these

add 2 of these

and half of one of these

yeah, I know it's a bit early to be crowing about this, but I've been waiting to do this build for a couple of years now.

Coming next month, to a workbench near me!

Take one of these

add 2 of these

and half of one of these

yeah, I know it's a bit early to be crowing about this, but I've been waiting to do this build for a couple of years now.

No, you should be crowing about it loud and clear.... that's an awesome idea. I missed out on that kit and I'm kicking myself because I think that's one of the best model schemes I've ever seen. What' you're doing also makes a lot of sense. The biggest issue with the launch arm is its rigidity... cutting half of it off would avoid its biggest issue (I have one unbuilt as well). Also the scene is pretty awesome as well.

I've got three similar long-delayed projects... all battroids: A 1/72 VF-11 Full armor, the Wave 1/72 Vinyl VF-17 and a 1/72 YF-21 conversion kit. I should get on some of them.

the Wave 1/72 Vinyl VF-17

Yes, you should get on with that kit. :)

post-12411-0-20532900-1367996727_thumb.jpg

Only snapped my box-cutter knife blade once while removing all the parts. I still had fun with it, though. You doing the S or the D?

I don't know... probably S.

So I'm actually in Japan right now, and I went to my LHS. Funny, they had three of the old Wave vinyls; the VF-17, VF-19 kai and a VF-19S... for 3600. I REALLY wanted the -19S but its a huge kit to carry back

I bought some old 72 kits;

Hasegawa CF-104 = 1000 yen

Hasegawa SBD Dauntless = 1200 yen

Fujimi Ki-43 = 1000

I'll probably get some other ones later.

Edited by Noyhauser

Work continues on my Exeter test bed Constitution. Very close to paint, now.

uss_hobbcreek6.jpguss_hobbcreek7.jpg

Now, I'm building this off the old Ertl molds. I just got the three piece set with the new Round 2 molds today. Other than the front of the engineering hull being vastly improved, the new kit actually has less detail. The vents/grills on the nacelle struts have been reduced to smooth recesses, and the warp grills are just gone. Both sides have the rounded recess that the outboard side is supposed to have. Torp launchers and impulse deck seem badly undersized, too.

Yes, you should get on with that kit. :)

attachicon.gifVF-17D Nightmare-A.JPG

Only snapped my box-cutter knife blade once while removing all the parts. I still had fun with it, though. You doing the S or the D?

I have 3 or 4 of that kit. :ph34r: the one I am going to eventually build I also found that the plastic parts are really well secured to the sprews.

What, like the complete lack of a plot?

Sorry couldn't resist :p

That's ok, I've never seen the anime anyway, just like the mecha ;) Edited by CAIN MKII

948611_10151439638167406_237478953_o.jpg

948705_10151439636672406_722375575_o.jpg

959319_10151439636202406_1094468722_o.jp

948742_10151439637447406_1100703086_o.jp

Don't you know that brown is 10% lighter than what's shown in the line art? What the hell are you thinking about!!!! :D

Seriously, looking nice. One problem point I can see, though. You might want to wait on the vernier painting until after the base coat is down. It'll be easier to mask off the outside of the circle, instead of trying to mask the inside part.

I like the metallic engine/legs bits. That looks nice.

Don't you know that brown is 10% lighter than what's shown in the line art? What the hell are you thinking about!!!! :D

Oh, and before anyone gets their knickers in a twist, this is a joke I made with Checkmate earlier about how this is something that will NOT be said around here for someone's building effort.

LOL! When can we see your CF Jeff?

Soon as I get everything masked off, and painted. Hopefully by the end of the month (lately, I've been limited to building only on the weekends).

tell me about it.....stupid job. <_<

And stupid weather. Just had the Golden Week holiday, plenty of build time. Yay!!!

Rained every freaking day..... hasn't done that since the Meiji era. (rainy weather=no painting)

- Only snapped my box-cutter knife blade once while removing all the parts. I still had fun with it, though...

get yourself a small precision pair of wire cutters. they're a total life saver for pruning model parts off a sprue... :)

get yourself a small precision pair of wire cutters. they're a total life saver for pruning model parts off a sprue... :)

Um, the wave vinyl material is well known to be extremely hard... much harder than normal styrene. I'm sure that Jefumon and BigF are familar with how to cut parts off of sprue. ;)

Edited by Noyhauser

Um, the wave vinyl material is well known to be extremely hard... much harder than normal styrene. I'm sure that Jefumon and BigF are familar with how to cut parts off of sprue. ;)

Exactly. I was talking about cleaning up the vinyl parts. Never have a problem with the plastic bits.

I've got 2 Kaiyodo vinyl Patlabor kits in my pending stack. Better replace the big knife before I start on those.

So, I've been working through the kinks of making a model printed from Shapeways. It's getting there, but I might need to reprint a few parts to try and remove the stair-stepped surface on them. Looking good so far, and the fit is near perfect, so I'm plenty happy. :)

Now to go find my old reference materials, and scribe all the panel lines into it. :p

img4_zpsd9964d14.jpg

img3_zps8c2153b3.jpg