Whats Lying on your Workbench MK IV

Urashiman

that looks sweet!!

reminds me of armored core/gasaraki/full metal panic mech

AS-5E3 "LEYNOS" ASSAULT SUIT from "ASSAULT SUIT LEYNOS" (Japan) / "TARGET EARTH" (U.S.)

being based from a 1990 SEGA GENESIS/MEGA DRIVE video game,

it predates all three of those series by a healthy margin.

"ASSAULT SUITS VALKEN" from which CAIN MKII's ASS-117A "VALKEN" ASSAULT SUIT kit is based from, (gotta get myself one of those!!)

is a 1992 SNES/SFC (SUPER NINTENDO/SUPER FAMICOM) prequel to ASSAULT SUIT LEYNOS,

known as "CYBERNATOR" in it's U.S. localization...

Edited by Shaorin

Just got back from Japan and am going to put these on my workbench shortly

WP_000388.jpg

Who would've guessed you could find a yf-25 Prophecy in 2012 for only 4350 yen at a resale shop in Akihabara (O_o)

Funny thing is it even had the original receipt from famima.com inside the box which stated it costed the original owner 6120....

At Laox, there were 7-8 VF-25S armored at 5400 yen each.... wish I could've taken them all home but alas damn box takes up too much space

Edited by Duymon

same kit that i myself picked up around 6/8mos. ago for around $14.

it's largely finished now... just need to get around to some photos. don't expect anything approaching

a halfway-professional job though... :unsure:

mine too :lol:

ASL-JOHN-4-28-12.jpg

Hey that's pretty cool.

I finished my Plum 1/35 ASault Suit -117A VALKEN plastic kit. It's a very nice one ^^

sanstitre6ui.jpg

sanstitre7fb.jpg

sanstitre8p.jpg

sanstitre9cd.jpg

Edited by CAIN MKII

Great looking stuff guys!

Somebody's on a naval kick! ^_^ I love the "Flying Dorito." I think that's the first kit I've seen built up of it. Too bad the real thing never made it into production. - MT

That's cool as hell! I collect Mospeada stuff as well, but the collection is missing those items. Are they still available and who would I talk to?

These were a very limited run made by Captain America in the midst of working on his "beast" Legioss. I believe he only made like 15 sets. Not sure if any are still available. Thanks for the compliments guys! The base is just a cheap $2.50 wood base from hobby lobby sprayed with textured Rust-Oleum Spray Paint called "Galaxy". It was the last can they had at Home Depot one day so I took a chance on it. Was going to go just gloss black, but I think the silver flake is a nice "starry look" touch. Just printed the earth pic off the web onto good photo paper on my Canon Inkjet and trimmed to fit. B)) Didn't get it exactly perfect..might try again this weekend...yes I'm that OCD. :lol:

Finished this up today. It's one of the newer snap tight kits...not a great kit, but I think it came out okay. Painted with model master light grey and then gave it a serious wash with promodellers weathering dark dirt wash. Don't know why my iPad insists on flipping my pics!

post-11393-0-49191900-1356567461_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-66842300-1356567476_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Maybe your holding your Ipad upside down? :D Nice shuttle though. Since we are on a Star Wars kick. My little girl, is really into Star Wars. Yes Christmas was interesting, with barbie and Star wars under the tree. But fun for both Mom and Dad. Well my oldest daughter LOVES ashoka Tano and begged me to make her a lightsaber. I couldn't get it ready in time for Christmas, but she's still excited anyway. Here is what I have so far.

The rest of the parts will be cut on my CNC machine after I get some kits in the mail. Since I am currently unemployed, (funny how companies always do this around this time of Year), I have decided to go back to school and get another certification or two under my belt, taking advantage of some veteran's benefits. All that means is that I will have some more time to crank out some goodies for everyone here at MW! B))

post-7782-0-44975000-1356584418_thumb.jpg

Maybe your holding your Ipad upside down? :D Nice shuttle though. Since we are on a Star Wars kick. My little girl, is really into Star Wars. Yes Christmas was interesting, with barbie and Star wars under the tree. But fun for both Mom and Dad. Well my oldest daughter LOVES ashoka Tano and begged me to make her a lightsaber. I couldn't get it ready in time for Christmas, but she's still excited anyway. Here is what I have so far.

The rest of the parts will be cut on my CNC machine after I get some kits in the mail. Since I am currently unemployed, (funny how companies always do this around this time of Year), I have decided to go back to school and get another certification or two under my belt, taking advantage of some veteran's benefits. All that means is that I will have some more time to crank out some goodies for everyone here at MW! B))

That happened to me 2 years ago. Sucks. This year I switched jobs in October and have been swamped with work. 9 hours a day 6 days a week. It looks like it might continue into the new year.

Congratulations! Finally you've got it!

I sure did. I've got a fiber optic cable and electronics I have been itching to try on a model. One of these will get it.

WOOOWWWW!!!! A dad who designs AND MAKES his daugher custom lightsabers???!!!! FATHER OF THE YEAR AWARD RIGHT HERE PEOPLE! No need to look anywhere else!!! That's awesomeness!! B)) The one Efx product I should have bought but didn't was the 1:1 Ashoka Tano saber they did.

Edited by derex3592

I wouldn't, he has commitment issues. Can't commit to Padme, can't commit to the light side, can't commit to the Empire, and can't commit to good acting in Episode's 2 & 3.

Edited by Benson13

Nice going Darth Yeti! What are you using to turn that on? I'm working on getting a lathe when tax return time comes. I'm thinking Sherline or Taig to keep the jobs in the U.S. The Sherline costs more, but everyone seems to take the Taig and make it just like the Sherline anyhow!?

At our house it was Lego Ninjago and Pokemon! Both my son and daughter are into that. Around my shop area is starting to look like Lego Land! Hmmmm, I'm going to start charging admission too! ;) - MT

Well I have a friend that i used to machine for. I set up his wireless network and he let me use one of his medium sized lathes. Been saving up for my own, but may have to wait on that one. we will see I've seen a couple that just need some TLC. The tricky part will be putting the electronics in and the blade. she is helping cuz we all know every padawan has to make their own. :D

Gotta love Lego's! ironically i always thought the Lego video games looked rather silly, but my oldest got Star Wars Lego video game and It is SO MUCH FUN!!!! But hey when I'm wrong I admit it. Great video game for kids. It's funny they get to play their favorite characters and it's not gory for the young ones.

That's great you could borrow a lathe and that your daughter gets to help! Are you going to put a "blade" of some kind on it?

The funny part is my daughter liked the light saber battles too. We got movies of her going at it as a toddler with the TV and rolled paper tubes :lol:

I took the little flashlight I used to have with a plastic reflective extension on it and made her a "lightsaber" of sorts with it epoxied in. That didn't last very long. She cracked that sucker right at the base with the plastic still in the body! At least my glue job held up!

The Lego games and cartoons look silly, but they are fun and funny. My children have a little of both. At least carnage is ddepicted by plastic pieces flying everywhere versus blood ;) I hope your saber "turns" out great! - MT