MP-10 is out

I didn't know people were so attached to those useless gimmicks on MP-01

I think they were nice little touches that added value to the toy and made it feel like special care was taken designing it. For a 65 USD version, I wouldn't miss them on MP-10 though, but for the damn price Takara is asking for the thing I think I see why some might be upset.

MP-1 has the most diecast I have ever seen in a toy (maybe SOC Ideon could compare) and now Takara follows with the opposite and smaller. The company sure is skimping out a lot lately.

I'm not a big gimmick fan myself. Imo give me a figure that's designed nicely and represents the character as best as possible. The only thing Prime might need as a "gimmick" imo is the opening chest for the Matrix. Other than that just make him awesome.

Imagine what they could do on even leader class toys if they just cut out the gimmicky stuff like sounds, lights or the mechalive crap from RotF.

Yeah, but the flapping face gimmick didn't limit the toy like the sound and light gimmicks on leader figures do or, to a smaller extent, the folding gimmick making the riffle smaller on MP-10. For no extra price, you felt like you got extras to a big robot that only needed to turn into a truck.

MP-1 had dicast and the whole Binaltech’s line main selling point, other than a bit more paint, was the diecast. So I don’t know about the non importance of metal in TF toys for 30 years.

Personally I really don’t care for diecast other than in important parts that need reinforcement to nor break, but I do know that id ads costs, so if I see such a ridiculous price for a toy I want the end product to justify the price:

- Made by a big company, not a small one or a 3rd party.

- A smaller toy with a bigger price tag than the original (the one with the trailer I mean)

- Virtually no diecast.

- Not a complex design (MP Rodimus at least has a complicated transformation to justify costs of engeneering).

- Less gimmicks than the cheaper, bigger, heavier version.

- A trailer that is a hollow box. The tiny trailer of THS Prime is more complex.

Add that up and I get a veeeery overpriced toy.

New design looks great, just not good for the price they want. I’ll also wait for a Hasbro version or even better, a real Ultra Magnus.

New design looks great, just not good for the price they want. I'll also wait for a Hasbro version or even better, a real Ultra Magnus.

Takara designer Hasui Shogo has posted an interesting image to his twitter account of what appears to be MP-10 Convoy wearing carved up G1 Ultra Magnus trailer/armor.

1316697820_100013949v1316697069.jpg

----------

My MP-10 order left Japan yesterday. Until it arrives I'll continue to keep hitting F5 on the tracking page like it will make a difference... :rolleyes:

Hmmm, the rear of the cab (the legs) seem really thick, much thicker than MP-01 or any other G1-inspired prime. They also seem to have shortened the height of the trailer quite a bit to fit over those legs. Doesn't look right from the side of the truck.

Robot mode is very nice, will be waiting for the state-side release sans trailer.

Just got my MP-10 from the store last Saturday.

Anyone notice the windscreen has some slight imperfections on the plastic? There's a tiny nub the size of a grain of sand on the left windscreen, which is only visible when light reflects off of it. I'm probably a bit of an OCD case, but that tiny imperfection is starting to bather me the more I look at it.

But if it's a QC issue on most of the figs, then I won't bother going back for a replacement. Damn store is pretty out of the way.

Just got my MP-10 from the store last Saturday.

Anyone notice the windscreen has some slight imperfections on the plastic? There's a tiny nub the size of a grain of sand on the left windscreen, which is only visible when light reflects off of it. I'm probably a bit of an OCD case, but that tiny imperfection is starting to bather me the more I look at it.

But if it's a QC issue on most of the figs, then I won't bother going back for a replacement. Damn store is pretty out of the way.

Tiny air bubble on the right chest window. Almost invisible unless a bright reflection is on it.

obtw, i've been seeing lots of Generations series-4 at wally's lately. well, except for Warpath.

It's funny because at this point I'm caught up on all the late wave generations toys I wanted, and now that I'm trying to find the last few DotM toys I'd actually like to get (skyhammer, cyberfire bumblebee and hatchet), All I'm finding at target and TrU are wave 1 shelf-warmers and piles of wheeljack's and warpath's.

It's funny because at this point I'm caught up on all the late wave generations toys I wanted, and now that I'm trying to find the last few DotM toys I'd actually like to get (skyhammer, cyberfire bumblebee and hatchet), All I'm finding at target and TrU are wave 1 shelf-warmers and piles of wheeljack's and warpath's.

I'm likewise caught up on Deluxe-class Generations figures (I'm kind of pissed we'll never get the scout-class Rumble and Frenzy, less bothered by not getting Windcharger or Grapple). I wish I could have found some of the Reveal the Shield figures I missed, though.

Tiny air bubble on the right chest window. Almost invisible unless a bright reflection is on it.

I noticed that the texture of the clear plastic is also kind of "wavy", unlike the smooth polished finish of MP-01's windscreen.

WTF Takara....

I wonder if there are any ways to polish off the air bubble/nub with polishing compounds or fine grain sandpaper?

I noticed that the texture of the clear plastic is also kind of "wavy", unlike the smooth polished finish of MP-01's windscreen.

WTF Takara....

I wonder if there are any ways to polish off the air bubble/nub with polishing compounds or fine grain sandpaper?

I wouldn't risk it, especially considering the price point. It can't be THAT bad that you would risk damaging a perfectly good

$250 toy...lol

I wouldn't risk it, especially considering the price point. It can't be THAT bad that you would risk damaging a perfectly good

$250 toy...lol

You're right. Fortunately, I came to my senses just a minute after posting that. It's just a tiny speck that you can only see when light reflects off of the windscreen. I dunno, it's like an itch you just have to scratch. I guess I was expecting perfection after all that money I paid for the fig.

In a few weeks, it'll probably stop bothering me, and eventually, I'll stop noticing it altogether.

Is it just me or does nearly every flight-capable Transformer have some hidden GERWALK mode?

If you try hard enough, EVERY modern transformer has a Gerwalk mode.

:edit:

that's not to say they're good, but they are there.

6187864663_e7dfe3d190_z.jpg

truckwalk mode... by Mike Ringot, on Flickr

BTW, this is my new favorite mode for Sentinel Prime :lol:

Edited by anime52k8

If you try hard enough, EVERY modern transformer has a Gerwalk mode.

:edit:

that's not to say they're good, but they are there.

6187864663_e7dfe3d190_z.jpg

truckwalk mode... by Mike Ringot, on Flickr

BTW, this is my new favorite mode for Sentinel Prime :lol:

Arrrgghhh!!! They're everywhere! :lol:

Yeah, Sentinel's my favorite, too. If the arms were a little longer, it might even pass off as a legitimate GERWALK/chicken walker mode.

Megatron ain't too bad either.