HG and Robotech Debates

I'm about ready to find out where he lives, then toss out all his old gear & replace it with a shiny new HD setup...

:angry: JUST TRY IT, PAL... :angry:

Edited by Shaorin

I read the title of the latest podcast from bendo A.K.A. Douglas Woodford, and apparently, my predictions of what would happen right after I made the false claim that I put out that Robotech poster all the way out there at Fanexpo to throw people off. It was an idea a buddy of mine and I had that night I posted the fake report. Even after my post on page 26, I gave enough hints that it was B.S. anyways, I figured that he'd jump right into conspiracies over it, and he bought that story, hook line, and sinker. It funny that he wasted 45 minutes over that. Gotta love it. :lol:

I read the title of the latest podcast from bendo A.K.A. Douglas Woodford, and apparently, my predictions of what would happen right after I made the false claim that I put out that Robotech poster all the way out there at Fanexpo to throw people off. It was an idea a buddy of mine and I had that night I posted the fake report. Even after my post on page 26, I gave enough hints that it was B.S. anyways, I figured that he'd jump right into conspiracies over it, and he bought that story, hook line, and sinker. It funny that he wasted 45 minutes over that. Gotta love it. :lol:

He wasted 45 minutes...? That ain't NUTHIN'!! He's wasted HOURS and HOURS of time over pretty much all of us. Hell, I got a two-hour podcast all to myself, and all I did was mention him briefly, as an aside.

Still, neither of us have anything on Destroy All Podcasts...he spent THREE HOURS trashing them after they spent TWO SECONDS mentioning him. Guess he's got nothing better to do with his time...

...that is, if anybody lessoned to him. Which they don't. Now that the pirated Macross Frontier songs are gone, his ratings have plummeted so much, he won't even reveal them.

(Note to Memo and Mav: next time, hook yourself up with a HERO, not a ZERO. :p )

He wasted 45 minutes...? That ain't NUTHIN'!! He's wasted HOURS and HOURS of time over pretty much all of us. Hell, I got a two-hour podcast all to myself, and all I did was mention him briefly, as an aside.

Still, neither of us have anything on Destroy All Podcasts...he spent THREE HOURS trashing them after they spent TWO SECONDS mentioning him. Guess he's got nothing better to do with his time...

...that is, if anybody lessoned to him. Which they don't. Now that the pirated Macross Frontier songs are gone, his ratings have plummeted so much, he won't even reveal them.

(Note to Memo and Mav: next time, hook yourself up with a HERO, not a ZERO. :p )

Doug Bendo always wastes his time ranting on and on about anything Robotech. If you ask me, this guy needs his head examined.

Doug Bendo always wastes his time ranting on and on about anything Robotech. If you ask me, this guy needs his head examined.

Well, yeah... He simply doesn't know what he's talking about. And you don't even have to lesson to him to know that. Jesus knows that I haven't lessoned to him in a very long time...

So all we have to do is just mention Bendo-ver in a sentence and we can get up to 2-hours of internet fame? Wow. And here I was trying to hack the interwebs.

Well, yea gotta agree there. There were a few people I told that I was planting that, and I think I called it just right. Like I'd go all the way up to Fanexpo, and put up an ad. Isn't that expo in Canada or something? For some reason, he thinks it was at Anime Expo. Here: try this, bendo,... highlight this name "Anime Expo" and put it in your text to speech program. Then highlight this name "Fanexpo", put that in after, and you will hear the difference.

Edited by Jasonc

So all we have to do is just mention Bendo-ver in a sentence and we can get up to 2-hours of internet fame? Wow. And here I was trying to hack the interwebs.

Pretty much...and he had 6000 LESSONERS LESSONING to such Doug Bendo hits as "Fairy" and "Do You Remember Love (Bless the Little Queen)."

He can be a fairy, or a queen. It's totally up to him. :D

(If I get less than SIX hours of Bendo ranting time out of this post, I'll believe it's failed. Go on, Doug...make me proud!)

Pretty much...and he had 6000 LESSONERS LESSONING to such Doug Bendo hits as "Fairy" and "Do You Remember Love (Bless the Little Queen)."

(If I get less than SIX hours of Bendo ranting time out of this post, I'll believe it's failed. Go on, Doug...make me proud!)

My buddy and I were talking on the phone about stuff, nothing in particular, and that ad came into the topic. He told me that there was this long conspiracy that Macross purists put out the ad because they knew that Robotech fans would buy the DVDs, then look for that character, then we'd supposedly point the way to Frontier, and try to "convert" them. After a few minutes of laughing hard, I said, "I should write on MW that I made it, and let him go into a frenzy of conspiracies that a 'Macross Purist' supposedly put it up." After the idea came up, I posted it up that evening, and I didn't want to sound so serious about it, so I put that little tag at the end of the post. I thought he'd pick up on that, but I guess you can't underestimate stupidity.

My buddy and I were talking on the phone about stuff, nothing in particular, and that ad came into the topic. He told me that there was this long conspiracy that Macross purists put out the ad because they knew that Robotech fans would buy the DVDs, then look for that character, then we'd supposedly point the way to Frontier, and try to "convert" them. After a few minutes of laughing hard, I said, "I should write on MW that I made it, and let him go into a frenzy of conspiracies that a 'Macross Purist' supposedly put it up." After the idea came up, I posted it up that evening, and I didn't want to sound so serious about it, so I put that little tag at the end of the post. I thought he'd pick up on that, but I guess you can't underestimate stupidity.

You shouldn't try to underestimate stupid people...they'll out-stupid you EVERY DAMN TIME...

But, I mean, really, as far as Bendo goes...SIX people get killed, he gets choked up and nearly cries. TWENTY THOUSAND people die, and he makes jokes about it.

That really shows you what kind of person he is.

Edited by Gubaba

It got worse when he did four hours worth on ranting on a fellow fan. I couldn't take it anymore. :angry:

It got worse when he did four hours worth on ranting on a fellow fan. I couldn't take it anymore. :angry:

It took you THAT LONG before you couldn't take it...? You've got MUCH more stamina than I do, apparently.

EDIT: And I guess you were the only lessoner anyway, right?

Edited by Gubaba

It took you THAT LONG before you couldn't take it...? You've got MUCH more stamina than I do, apparently.

EDIT: And I guess you were the only lessoner anyway, right?

Make it 2 hrs. and 5 minutes before I got the general idea.

IMO, after his ranting, his subscribers started to bail out.

P.S., 300th post!

My question is this: Did that poster actually exist, or was it a Photoshop gag? I either don't remember if this was discussed, or simply wasn't paying attention (I mostly come to this thread to eat popcorn and throw darts).

My question is this: Did that poster actually exist, or was it a Photoshop gag? I either don't remember if this was discussed, or simply wasn't paying attention (I mostly come to this thread to eat popcorn and throw darts).

That's pretty much the same reason I come to this thread. The ad was for Fanexpo, and technically was probably photoshopped, or done with InDesign by a design firm, who probably didn't know the difference between Macross and Robotech: the Macross Saga. They were probably hired by A&E, not by HG, and thus the confusion. At least that's the rundown of what happened. The ad agency that did it, as it was an ad agency, was mentioned in the previous pages (pg. 26) and I'm pretty sure they were called real quick, as the ad hasn't surfaced anywhere else since, and no one has really talked about it since.

Wait, do I have my own? Is it awesome??

Updates from Tommy Yune on the AE Home Entertainment Robotech DVD release. click me.

An updated version of Robotech: The Sentinels is confirmed to be part of this set. It is a new edit that adds some new footage and trims others (mostly flashbacks) based on advice left by Carl Macek, as well as being digitally remastered.

Looks like they're going to take out the inserted Macross footage's and replace with something else, probably footage's from Southern Cross or Mospeada.

Edited by Moly_Sigang

Too bad the HG crew got stuck in an elevator, looks like every project that matters (sidequel, SR, LAM) will probably get delayed even further. Kind of surprised that they're still tweaking edits on old video which I'm sure many deluded fans will say is similar to what Lucas did with Star Wars. The only problem is that the Robotech edits only get us reused footage in a different context rather than brand new footage. Another fail brought to you by HG.

Too bad the HG crew got stuck in an elevator, looks like every project that matters (sidequel, SR, LAM) will probably get delayed even further. Kind of surprised that they're still tweaking edits on old video which I'm sure many deluded fans will say is similar to what Lucas did with Star Wars. The only problem is that the Robotech edits only get us reused footage in a different context rather than brand new footage. Another fail brought to you by HG.

We'll see what happens when the boxed set comes out. ;)

Updates from Tommy Yune on the AE Home Entertainment Robotech DVD release. click me.

Looks like they're going to take out the inserted Macross footage's and replace with something else, probably footage's from Southern Cross or Mospeada.

Wow, really? That's hilarious. Tommy think Robotech is Star Wars, and that people will notice and or care that he's edited it. Attempt at drumming up fan rage controversy attention shall FAIL!! :)

Probably, though its ever so slight that it could include unaired footage from The Sentinels itself of the beginning of eps. 4 Second Thoughts. However, its probably the alternate scenes from the Toy Faire video simply integrated with whatever edits that Macek suggested.

Edited by 1st Border Red Devil

I'm about ready to find out where he lives, then toss out all his old gear & replace it with a shiny new HD setup...

:angry: JUST TRY IT, PAL... :angry:

Idea:

We replace Shaorin's items with brand new HD items. But leave clues to where the confiscated items are. We'll call it: The Quest for Robotech

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Wow, really? That's hilarious. Tommy think Robotech is Star Wars, and that people will notice and or care that he's edited it. Attempt at drumming up fan rage controversy attention shall FAIL!! :)

I really wish creators would stick to just a single, perfect version of whatever work they're famous for and not go back and do revisions on it every couple of years. Audio and video clean up jobs I can accept, but not painfully obvious alterations that just cause a lot of controversy. In Harmony Gold's case, however, I guess it sucks that the companies that did that work before either went under or are no longer in friendly terms with them, requiring someone else to do it all over again.

Or is it plain greed? I can never tell.

Umm, not to defend HG, but there is nothing wrong with greed per se. Anyone who pursues a paycheck for purely monetary reasons (instead of simply paying for life's necessities) is being greedy.

Yeah, too bad it is hard to tell which is it from HG and Robotech's perspective. On one hand, there's the promise of another side story and a LAM, like always. But meanwhile, there's only the same 85 episodes with new bells and whistles and other niche products in the immediate future. And then the crew needs to eat.

It's definitely not a multimedia empire like Star Wars.

Edited by Einherjar

My question is why they're wasting so much time on these projects rather than working on new projects which will continue the story?

You assume they have the creative capacity to accomplish such a simple task...or an even simpler task of just rebooting the franchise.

IMO, Doug Bendo is Robotech's version of Bobby Knight because he really wants to pick a fight with just about anyone.

Thank God, no. I don't know which I would hate more at that point: Robotech 7 or Shadow Chronicles.

At least with a "Robotech 7", there'd be an original to fall back on. With Shadow Chronicles, there's nothing to make it better.