HG and Robotech Debates

Let me break my Caps Lock key...

Honestly? It's just a sound bite...If those kids are actually screaming like school girls...I would recommend they see a mental health professional.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stranger RT fans think that Futurama's t.v. ratings and success will be due to their use of the song in a background? Then we'll hear how cutting edge Futurama is for using Row boat tech stuff. I don't doubt this kind of thinking from the weirdos out there.

Wow, they haven't had this big of a fangasm since the Pierre Bernard thing. Maybe it's a good thing they don't have any new shows/movies to follow, I think they'd all have a heart attack. Their fanbase is gettin' pretty on in years, and I doubt they're watching their colesterol :)

Edited by Keith

Wow, they haven't had this big of a fangasm since the Pierre Bernard thing. Maybe it's a good thing they don't have any new shows/movies to follow, I think they'd all have a heart attack. Their fanbase is gettin' pretty on in years, and I doubt they're watching their colesterol :)

Cardiac arrest, stroke, pulmonary embolism, dumping the franchise because of Harmony Gold's sh!t, take your pick.

I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stranger RT fans think that Futurama's t.v. ratings and success will be due to their use of the song in a background? Then we'll hear how cutting edge Futurama is for using Row boat tech stuff. I don't doubt this kind of thinking from the weirdos out there.

Or they'll say it was Macek's doing

Or they'll say it was Macek's doing

At this point, almost anything that sounds that ridiculously stupid, to make Robotech more than it is, is probably something that the few of the morons would suggest. Not only that, but those same numbers still believe that the light artillery pods are still on hold on a boat somewhere. At least they provide good comedy at their own expense.

At this point, almost anything that sounds that ridiculously stupid, to make Robotech more than it is, is probably something that the few of the morons would suggest. Not only that, but those same numbers still believe that the light artillery pods are still on hold on a boat somewhere. At least they provide good comedy at their own expense.

But Toynami just posted that they have BIG plans for Robotech next year:

The plans are so big they reported it as a response to their Naruto announcement. I like how they say "patience is the best thing". They flat out stole that line from HG's playbook.

But Toynami just posted that they have BIG plans for Robotech next year:

The plans are so big they reported it as a response to their Naruto announcement. I like how they say "patience is the best thing". They flat out stole that line from HG's playbook.

Let me guess....they plan to actually have the boat leave port?

Let me guess....they plan to hactually have the boat leave port?

At one point, I was interested in those battlepods, but as they've stretched these out way too long, and the fact that they couldn't make the parts swappable, I just don't have much interest in the design. The materials it's made out of is fine, but I find it odd that they (HG) overhyped these so much, that you almost can't help but feel a little disappointed. To add, why is it that "patience is the best thing?" I thought honesty would be a little more virtuous, but I guess they don't have much of that, or any, as these boats don't take 3 months to come over here.

At one point, I was interested in those battlepods, but as they've stretched these out way too long, and the fact that they couldn't make the parts swappable, I just don't have much interest in the design. The materials it's made out of is fine, but I find it odd that they (HG) overhyped these so much, that you almost can't help but feel a little disappointed. To add, why is it that "patience is the best thing?" I thought honesty would be a little more virtuous, but I guess they don't have much of that, or any, as these boats don't take 3 months to come over here.

They should've taken the same boat Mattel and Bandai did for Thundercats and Voltron toylines of 2011. But then again those HG guys are so clever, anything they do will be bigger and better than these meeger upstarts, HA(lmfao)!

me, i'm just ever so glad and thankful that it's the 21st century, and HG and their ROBOTECH Hyperbole

is far from the only game in town for us Western MACROSS fans.

HG can knock themselves out to their heart's content on the "Stone Age" of Anime fandom, for all i care anymore...

Edited by Shaorin

me, i'm just ever so glad and thankful that it's the 21st century, and HG and their ROBOTECH Hyperbole

is far from the only game in town for us Western MACROSS fans.

HG can knock themselves out to their heart's content on the "Stone Age" of Anime fandom, for all i care anymore...

Last year, Captain Donovan (the Rosa Parks of Robotech) didn't even know you could LEGALLY BUY Macross Plus, if you can believe that...

as well they should be, for at least as long as you can still acquire playback equipment capable of spinning them.

i still have my old VHS copies of the OVA and MOVIE, and they still playback perfectly on a 22 year-old high-end VCR;

We know, we know. You post pics of your VHS player in nearly every post you make...

Jeez...

Enjoy...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30858&st=1890&p=798090&hl=donovan&fromsearch=1entry798090

Note: It takes a while before he compares himself to Rosa Parks.

I stopped reading/caring here:

"...and Robotech fans get more Robotech with the designs they want to see."

Since when was any "Rowboatech" design ever theirs? :rolleyes:

Enjoy...

http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=30858&st=1890&p=798090&hl=donovan&fromsearch=1entry798090

I remember part of that, but I don't wanna go back to it. Just delusional fanboy wishing for Robotech to be more like Macross. It's pretty common.

A direct jab at "acceptable" dubbing back when HG and others were cutting edge in the industry?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KhzBT-FMqY

Robotechnology this, Protoculture that.

Edited by Einherjar

We know, we know. You post pics of your VHS player in nearly every post you make...

Jeez...

I'm about ready to find out where he lives, then toss out all his old gear & replace it with a shiny new HD setup...

I remember part of that, but I don't wanna go back to it. Just delusional fanboy wishing for Robotech to be more like Macross. It's pretty common.

Funny how some of them see Macross as inferior and Robotech improving on it and yet they want more Macross or more like Macross...

Funny how some of them see Macross as inferior and Robotech improving on it and yet they want more Macross or more like Macross...

It always comes back to that. I think the hate that some of them have is more of a jealous, "sour grapes" type of anger towards Macross than anything. And those claims of Robotech being improved are simply cheep attempts at angering the Macross fans. Usually, it just tells me that either 1) They have no idea or taste in anime, or 2) They're whining little babies. Sometimes both, and many times it comes hand in hand, but I've never heard a decent argument for that claim, EVER. In fact, they've all been extremely subjective arguments, and usually just defer to reason 1 or 2.

I guess they want to "improve" everything Macross... :lol:

I don't know if it happens outside of L.A., but do you guys ever see the people that put the ferrari horse insignia on their Hyndai Tiburon... just sayin...

It always comes back to that. I think the hate that some of them have is more of a jealous, "sour grapes" type of anger towards Macross than anything. And those claims of Robotech being improved are simply cheep attempts at angering the Macross fans. Usually, it just tells me that either 1) They have no idea or taste in anime, or 2) They're whining little babies. Sometimes both, and many times it comes hand in hand, but I've never heard a decent argument for that claim, EVER. In fact, they've all been extremely subjective arguments, and usually just defer to reason 1 or 2.

All the more reason to reboot. Then RT-fans can say the Macross-purist-weebo-lolicon-trolls are jealous of RT. On the bright side, we would have less traffic from guys like Captain-How-big-is-the-ship-cuz-it-doesn't-make-sense-and-I-won't-believe-any-answer-you-give-me.

I don't know if it happens outside of L.A., but do you guys ever see the people that put the ferrari horse insignia on their Hyndai Tiburon... just sayin...

But wouldn't this be a case of slapping the Hyndai's inferior logo (RT) onto a the much better Ferrari-product (Macross)? Just sayin'...

But wouldn't this be a case of slapping the Hyndai's inferior logo (RT) onto a the much better Ferrari-product (Macross)? Just sayin'...

That's not really fair there. Hyundai may be inferior to a Ferrari but they still make good cars for their price point.

Robotech is a crappy product. period.

I guess... but I meant that they want to use the Macross rep for their inferior brand... ;)

That's not really fair there. Hyundai may be inferior to a Ferrari but they still make good cars for their price point.

Robotech is a crappy product. period.

LOL. True...

If anyone cares enough, here's the Row-boat-ech music scene. Oh, this is so much to get all excited over :ph34r: .

http://www.comedycentral.com/videos/index.jhtml?videoId=396052&title=action-delivery-force---thrilling-space-battle

wow, that was pretty weak. still, what else would you expect from a franchise that has wasted so much of its potential over the past couple decades.

Enjoy...

so long it went into a different thread actually: http://www.macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?showtopic=31534

thanks for posting that though. I really miss the times when we have crazy robotech fanboys. BTW everyone should go and read the first page of that thread if only for Petes awesome posts.