HG and Robotech Debates

Will be anyone be attending AX's Robotech panel, & mean propoganda fest?

Only the faithfully blind, people with poor pattern recognition skills, and the morbidly curious...

If it doesn't show up in reports like this in the next couple of hours/days, then S.S.D.D.

When isn't that the case with them?

Still, if their own in-house news piece about their plans for the AnimeExpo panel is anything to go by, you could just as easily switch "Day" with "Decade". Most of their itinerary seems to be the usual flimflam, though they clearly expect the promise of showing a few clips from their memorial documentary about Carl Macek and their heavily-biased and highly-selective version of Robotech's origin story to be the big point of interest... which, oddly enough, they're pitching as though a more honest and less flattering version hadn't been available in print for a good 25 years now.

Edited by Seto Kaiba

I'd certainly go to the panel if I was there. I could use a good laugh!

Laugh? How about a drinking game? OK, I know I'm late considering most people are probably enjoying the festivities than being a forum troll, but we should have a convention panel drinking game. And yes, I am well aware of the likelihood that you will be admitted into the hospital for alcohol poisoning after listening to this particular panel.

Laugh? How about a drinking game? OK, I know I'm late considering most people are probably enjoying the festivities than being a forum troll, but we should have a convention panel drinking game. And yes, I am well aware of the likelihood that you will be admitted into the hospital for alcohol poisoning after listening to this particular panel.

Or you could just go drunk and actually make the panel interesting.

Heh... if it was "take a shot every time they lie or exaggerate their standing", we'd all be on our way to detox in the first ten minutes.

Stay tuned, B.S. overload report coming soon.

...But for some things to expect...

*Kevin's retarded reason for no Toynami light artillery pod gets "docked"

*New animation, looks better than Shadow Chronicles, but not saying much (can someone say Flash, Ah-ahhhhhhhhh)

*New animation is pushed back supposedly for better animation??? (W....T....F....)

*LAM...nadadamnthang

*Robotech is cooler in China since everything Robotech is from there.

*Robotech 25th anniversary soundtrack will be a Rootech 28th or 29th anniversary soundtrack

*Tommy gets royally corrected and caught talking out of his rear by someone who knows something Tommy really didn't.

And...someone out there has recordings of the B.S. gotta catch it on film.

Edited by Jasonc

*New animation, looks better than Shadow Chronicles, but not saying much (can someone say Flash, Ah-ahhhhhhhhh)

*New animation is pushed back supposedly for better animation??? (W....T....F....)

*LAM...nadadamnthang

*Robotech 25th anniversary soundtrack will be a Rootech 28th or 29th anniversary soundtrack

*Tommy gets royally corrected and caught talking out of his rear by someone who knows something Tommy really didn't.

Sounds like it's no different from the burning fanwankery of V's Evangelion tent-revival panel at Boston some months ago. :lol:

*LAM...nadadamnthang

From what i'm getting, most of their projects are now delayed till 2012/13? So that basically means nothing for the rest of 2011. It would have made sense if they just reported it straight like:

RTLAM: development hell

Shadow Rising: on 'hiatus' until the RTLAM is finished

25th anniversary soundtrack: tentative 2012 release

Carl Macek Tribute: tentative 2012 release

RT sidequel: tentative 2012 release

Toys: LOL we don't have any

Palladium: maybe Kevin can finish at least one RT book?

Also, Memo have been recording HG's convention tours, so he'll probably upload it on Youtube.

Yes, when one thinks of Robo-tech, it is like sticking your head in a black bag and sealing it shut. Its been a while since I've said anything about Robo-tech, and it seems nothing has changed.

Robo-tech isn't doing any good for anyone. In my world it doesn't almost exist, with the execption of the Robo-tech items I'm trying to relieve myself of. But because of such a tarnish for items bearing the Robo-tech name, none of this stuff moves to a sale. No one wants to buy or waste their time with junk.

Aren't we supposed to hold out for news until ComicCon before we totally bash HG?

I can almost guarantee you that it will be the exact same panel, maybe with a voice actor to cover the dull talk, but the same. Some of the fan questions were just Effing retarded. One guy asked, no, two people asked about opening talks with Japan to get the Macross series over like Frontier to add to Robotech. Tommy's first comment was that he likes that idea, or something to that effect, and I heard several people giving a WTF under their breath. I know I was kinda shocked that he thought of that as a good idea. Didn't get that on camera, but man, do they know what they're saying, or do they just talk to please the person asking the question. If someone asked me that question about a franchise I worked for, my answer would be a very tactful, "What the hell are you talking about? Why would you want that?" At least it seems Robotech fans know where the good stuff is, and since Tommy and co. can't produce the goods, they would rather see that. Just not a good idea at all.

I can almost guarantee you that it will be the exact same panel, maybe with a voice actor to cover the dull talk, but the same. Some of the fan questions were just Effing retarded. One guy asked, no, two people asked about opening talks with Japan to get the Macross series over like Frontier to add to Robotech. Tommy's first comment was that he likes that idea, or something to that effect, and I heard several people giving a WTF under their breath. I know I was kinda shocked that he thought of that as a good idea. Didn't get that on camera, but man, do they know what they're saying, or do they just talk to please the person asking the question. If someone asked me that question about a franchise I worked for, my answer would be a very tactful, "What the hell are you talking about? Why would you want that?" At least it seems Robotech fans know where the good stuff is, and since Tommy and co. can't produce the goods, they would rather see that. Just not a good idea at all.

So the fan's question was "Since RT is so lacking in creative thought right now, can we import another show into RT so that it looks better?" And the people in charge of RT like that idea because the fan is right that they lack any creative thought? Transformers: DotM lacks any creative thought except on where to put those explosions and still pulls in $162M after 5 days.

And that's my spin on it. Maybe later I'll provide a special comment or a scathing editorial in a fake Italian-mobster accent. :p

So the fan's question was "Since RT is so lacking in creative thought right now, can we import another show into RT so that it looks better?" And the people in charge of RT like that idea because the fan is right that they lack any creative thought? Transformers: DotM lacks any creative thought except on where to put those explosions and still pulls in $162M after 5 days.

Hey, it's cheaper than keeping this charade going about space marijuana and some old dude falling towards a black hole. Integrity by damned, they want money!

Edited by Einherjar

Alto Saotome = Alan Spears (has to have some sort of wild game name like Hunter or Archer)

Ranka Lee = Renee Leonards (has to be related to previous RT character)

Sheryl Nome = Sheila Newman (because Nome sounds like Gnome)

I'm pretty sure Tommy says those things to piss off the curious wandering Macross fans in the audience that may be listening. I mean that's what I'm assuming his creativity amounts to.

I'm pretty sure Tommy says those things to piss off the curious wandering Macross fans in the audience that may be listening. I mean that's what I'm assuming his creativity amounts to.

Or he's admitting to his own lack of creativity.... :p Just sayin'...

BTW, were they sitting behind their laptops again?

Are you kidding?! It's an EXPLOSIVELY BRILLIANT idea!!

Why go through the motions of trying to pretend that RT can stand on its own...everyone should just admit that it's an unnecessary dinosaur that can only survive by leeching off of better-quality productions.

Alto Saotome = Alan Spears (has to have some sort of wild game name like Hunter or Archer)

Ranka Lee = Renee Leonards (has to be related to previous RT character)

Sheryl Nome = Sheila Newman (because Nome sounds like Gnome)

If Tommy says those things to "piss off the Macross fans" that probably backfired, as it just makes them look incompetent. Also, Tommy did use the term "Macross Purist" in one of his answers.

Are you kidding?! It's an EXPLOSIVELY BRILLIANT idea!!

Why go through the motions of trying to pretend that RT can stand on its own...everyone should just admit that it's an unnecessary dinosaur that can only survive by leeching off of better-quality productions.

I see the sarcasm, but why cut the Macross franchise and dumb it down into a Robotech story? Also Tommy did mention that it would have to be more an alternate universe idea, as it wouldn't fit all that well.

Edited by Jasonc

If Tommy says those things to "piss off the Macross fans" that probably backfired, as it just makes them look incompetent. Also, Tommy did use the term "Macross Purist" in one of his answers.

I'm just saying... people can't be that stupid...

can they? :unsure:

:rolleyes:

Also, Tommy did use the term "Macross Purist" in one of his answers.

Huh. Wonder who he's getting his talking points from?

I see the sarcasm, but why cut the Macross franchise and dumb it down into a Robotech story? Also Tommy did mention that it would have to be more an alternate universe idea, as it wouldn't fit all that well.

Well, yeah...I was being sarcastic, of course, but I do think that adapting Frontier would be more intellectually honest...an admission that without the actual CREATORS and ANIMATORS of the shows that made up RT, they basically got nothing.

The resulting series would probably be less crappy than Shadow Chronicles, anyway.

I'll be honest, I don't get what's so important about these audio tracks or what the big deal is in this clip. Might be significant to someone who cares more. But hey, for once footage of a Robotech panel taken by a regular person.

All I see is a $20-$40 asking price for something people might have already, now with digital audio editing.

Edited by Einherjar

I'll be honest, I don't get what's so important about these audio tracks or what the big deal is in this clip. Might be significant to someone who cares more. But hey, for once footage of a Robotech panel taken by a regular person.

All I see is a $20-$40 asking price for something people might have already, now with digital audio editing.

Watched and commented :)

What is there to cheer for?

Asshats.

The opening theme in French! HELL YEAH! Pretty pathetic that they have to get tracks from fans recording if from vinyl and then emailing the track to them. I didn't know HG now supports pirating.

Why people still care about robotech? i really wonder.

I'm just waiting for the convention panel where someone ask "Can we get more Macross?" and Tommy replies with that response and a collective moan is heard around the room to which someone yells out "Is this franchise THAT creatively bankrupt that we have to rip-off another show from another country just to make us look good?"

LOL! Wow that panel was awesome... and by awesome I mean pathetic...

Steve Yun: We found a cracker that Reba West partially bit into while recording the bumper "Back to Robotech" on episode 19...

Robotech Fan: WHAT? ZOMG!

Steve Yun: Yes... just when we thought there's was nothing else to bleed from this franchise... we started going thru the recording session floor.

Other Robotech fan: Did you check the closets?

Steve Yun and Tommy Yune slyly nod at each other...

Kevin McKeever: Hey what about me guys?

Steve Yun and Tommy Yune slyly nod at Kevin...

Kevin: Well... we have to save something for AX2012, don't we?

Robotech fans: Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!

LOL! Wow that panel was awesome... and by awesome I mean pathetic...

Steve Yun: We found a cracker that Reba West partially bit into while recording the bumper "Back to Robotech" on episode 19...

Robotech Fan: WHAT? ZOMG!

Steve Yun: Yes... just when we thought there's was nothing else to bleed from this franchise... we started going thru the recording session floor.

Other Robotech fan: Did you check the closets?

Steve Yun and Tommy Yune slyly nod at each other...

Kevin McKeever: Hey what about me guys?

Steve Yun and Tommy Yune slyly nod at Kevin...

Kevin: Well... we have to save something for AX2012, don't we?

Robotech fans: Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!

We should all take up room at one of their pannels all with cream pies to throw at them. F***ing Losers!

Hmm, read it, maybe I need to lay off posting links like that here.

We should all take up room at one of their pannels all with cream pies to throw at them. F***ing Losers!

Yeah, there's really no need to go out and get malicious. At this point you can just sit back and watch them do it to themselves.

Also, the thing with the people in charge with that franchise is they love to read any news or comments about them, bad or good. This thread is probably the source of some of their wettest dreams. If you want to actively do something that makes them uncomfortable then ask them about new toys, new cartoons and new developments of anything Robotech without making it sound like you're demanding it. Just ask them if they're actively working on some new product and not just sitting on their asses everyday and thinking of new ways to string along their "fans" or memobots as I like to call them.

I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS... HEHEHE...

Yeah, there's really no need to go out and get malicious. At this point you can just sit back and watch them do it to themselves.

Also, the thing with the people in charge with that franchise is they love to read any news or comments about them, bad or good. This thread is probably the source of some of their wettest dreams. If you want to actively do something that makes them uncomfortable then ask them about new toys, new cartoons and new developments of anything Robotech without making it sound like you're demanding it. Just ask them if they're actively working on some new product and not just sitting on their asses everyday and thinking of new ways to string along their "fans" or memobots as I like to call them.

I KNOW YOU'RE READING THIS... HEHEHE...

I'm sorry... I saw Robo-tech and obsurdity... I relapsed ;)

Hmm, read it, maybe I need to lay off posting links like that here.

Yeah, I commented too. My comment involves the watermelon.