Nekki Basara Guitar

m0n5t3r

You know I would REALLY love to, haha, I doubt I will ever get my hands on one just to play, but maybe if I get an ESP endorsement...yeah...sure...

On another note, I suck compared to this guy here. http://www.youtube.com/user/35YearsLoan

I learned alot from listening/ watching his videos, but he has some real SKILLS!

Back to the guitar...how much and when? I may not be able to afford it, but I want to know these things.

P.S. You should totally do a video, I mean, I know you have some skills. Do you still have those Fire Bomber tabs I distributed on here a few years back? Should I re-upload the newer, corrected versions I have?

Edited by Cuda

I'm a guitarist, and I know it's not going to be cheap. If it's an ESP/LTD version, its should be between $1-2K. If it's an actual ESP, were looking at $2.5-4k.

Agreed, spot on. Sperzel locking tuners, Wilkinson Gotoh bridge, Seymour Duncan '59 trembucker bridge pickup... NO WAY this is an LTD. Easily $3-$4k & special order only.

VERY cool though, thanks for sharing!

Darn... Anyone who knows me know that I'm a replica whore... I love movie props, Anime replicas, cosplay props, anything that blurs the line between fiction and reality. Sadly, just like the replica Yui Guitar, will have to give this a pass due to the price and due to the fact that I can't play the guitar... (TT.TT)

You know I would REALLY love to, haha, I doubt I will ever get my hands on one just to play, but maybe if I get an ESP endorsement...yeah...sure...

On another note, I suck compared to this guy here. http://www.youtube.com/user/35YearsLoan

I learned alot from listening/ watching his videos, but he has some real SKILLS!

Back to the guitar...how much and when? I may not be able to afford it, but I want to know these things.

P.S. You should totally do a video, I mean, I know you have some skills. Do you still have those Fire Bomber tabs I distributed on here a few years back? Should I re-upload the newer, corrected versions I have?

Yeah, I still have the old tabs on an old HD stored away. I actually have band practice this saturday, so I'll show my buddies this guitar link. They'll probably get a good laugh at it, but will think it's one of the best things Yamato has done. I've been wanting to get myself the PRS for awhile now, and it looks like I may get my chance in a few months. Car's almost paid off, and that will be a lot of money extra to save with. I'll more than likely post up some youtube stuff when that comes to fruition. For now, it's an old Ibanez, Les Paul, and a Martin Acoustic.

In regards to Firebomber tabs, I should write some out again. I had many of them written, but lost the papers. I still remember the songs though. Got Planet Dance down pretty good, as well as Light the Light, Angel Voice, and I'm learning Totsugeki Love Heart.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I'm resurrecting this, cause since the poster says 20th anniversary, it means we have a good couple of years to talk about it until it is released.. :-P

It's referring to the 20th Anniversary of the debut of Yoshiki Fukuyama, which was last year.

It's referring to the 20th Anniversary of the debut of Yoshiki Fukuyama, which was last year.

Thanks for clarifying. Since i saw the ESP make i've given up on acquiring one. Perhaps if it was their LTD series, but now it's going to add up to a ludicrous amount with shipping and taxes too. :(

Finally got my PRS 513, so I'm not going to be getting any other guitars soon. I think I'd have to pick and choose what Macross items I definitely want this year, and as this is just on the fence, I'm going to pass, especially bening that this will probably be in the over $1K range. To add, the resale value probably won't be that high, as it's a music instrument, and a Macross specific. It's a hard sell at a high price.

Hmmm yeah....that'd be pretty hard to afford. I just got a epiphone special 2 back in march and even at 150 was a hard bargain. been a long ass time since i last played but it was to nice of a guitar to pass up.

Finally got my PRS 513, so I'm not going to be getting any other guitars soon. I think I'd have to pick and choose what Macross items I definitely want this year, and as this is just on the fence, I'm going to pass, especially bening that this will probably be in the over $1K range. To add, the resale value probably won't be that high, as it's a music instrument, and a Macross specific. It's a hard sell at a high price.

Funnily, i got a PRS custom last year and that is also the reason why another expensive guitar is out of the question. Those PRS are making everyone's life difficult apparently!

Funnily, i got a PRS custom last year and that is also the reason why another expensive guitar is out of the question. Those PRS are making everyone's life difficult apparently!

True. At first, I was just gonna go with one around $2800, which would've left over a decent amount, but after seeing the options, I went with the 10 top, the upgraded rosewood fretboard, and some upgraded electronics inside. Needless to say, $2800 ended up being close to $4K. PRS guitars, if kept well, can fetch more as time passes. They are a great investment for guitars. If it ends up that I have some extra cash for this guitar, I might consider it, but that's highly unlikely, as I'm now looking to replace my power board and pedals with the Line 6 HD500 effect processor board. Maybe my wife will read this, and get it for me for Christmas??? LOL

True. At first, I was just gonna go with one around $2800, which would've left over a decent amount, but after seeing the options, I went with the 10 top, the upgraded rosewood fretboard, and some upgraded electronics inside. Needless to say, $2800 ended up being close to $4K. PRS guitars, if kept well, can fetch more as time passes. They are a great investment for guitars. If it ends up that I have some extra cash for this guitar, I might consider it, but that's highly unlikely, as I'm now looking to replace my power board and pedals with the Line 6 HD500 effect processor board. Maybe my wife will read this, and get it for me for Christmas??? LOL

Yes that's the perk for living in the country they are made. Add another £400 ($700) to the prices you mentioned As you may have to do if you order the Basara guitar! Could have been worse though. Imagine if it was a partnership with Caparison instead!

Edited by Dimis

Yes that's the perk for living in the country they are made. Add another £400 ($700) to the prices you mentioned As you may have to do if you order the Basara guitar! Could have been worse though. Imagine if it was a partnership with Caparison instead!

True. I guess this guitar will have similar shipping problems, being this is supposed to be a Japan only deal. The only problem I have with the guitar, is that for all the look, it doesn't have the sound, nor the feel I look for in a guitar. If I bought it, I'd have no idea how it sounds, feels, plays, etc. it's an expensive shot in the dark, unless you're buying it just for the replica portion of it. IF I can find one to try out without buying, and it has all those things I look for in a guitar without the price being higher than the worth, I may consider it. In any case, this is what I have for now, aside from a Gibson Les Paul Studio, and a Fender Strat:

post-582-0-25521000-1336851978_thumb.jpg

Nice, there's not a lot of people I know that have invested in one of these guitars. I had thought about the Les Paul style bridge, but having one already, I needed something much more different. It did take awhile to get used to the 513, as it has many sound configurations, and that 3rd p/u in the middle can take some getting used to if you're a heavy pick to string player, but after some adjustment, I'd take this over any model Fender (even my good ol' American strat) any day. I know this is O/T, but what amp do you play yours through?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I keep searching the web in the hopes of more news on this. I have a Sunburst Fender Deluxe Stratocaster 2004 signed by Yoshiki Fukuyama, but...man, I'd do almost anything for this replica.

What would be the best place to keep an eye on for announcements around this guitar? Do we even have confirmation it will be sold?

• 2 weeks later...

Fukuyama had what looked to be close to a production model on stage last night. He himself referred to it as a generation 2 model (the first generation one being the fan-built version that he had to tune with a screwdriver). He used it for 6-7 songs and it seemed to handle pretty well. Looks utterly gorgeous.

He said that he gets a lot of people asking him when its going to be released and that, while he would have thought it wouldve been released during the 30th anniversary...well, he hasnt heard anything and the only thing to do is to ask Yamato.

It's pretty, but not something I'd play up on a stage, unless I was in an anime band. At least Fukuyama seems to be supporting the product, and is playing one. That's a good sign. It's not just a wall display piece.

Fukuyama had what looked to be close to a production model on stage last night. He himself referred to it as a generation 2 model (the first generation one being the fan-built version that he had to tune with a screwdriver). He used it for 6-7 songs and it seemed to handle pretty well. Looks utterly gorgeous.

He said that he gets a lot of people asking him when its going to be released and that, while he would have thought it wouldve been released during the 30th anniversary...well, he hasnt heard anything and the only thing to do is to ask Yamato.

Thanks for that update. Yeah. 1st generation would be the one used in the Fire Bomber 2005 (Which I had the chance to be in, @Osaka). For Fukuyama-sans 20th Anniversary concert came the one being supported now. I really love the 1st gen design, but this one does seem more solid and reliable.

So.. how do we approach Yamato? :p

• 1 month later...

A minor, completely NOT official update on the guitars status.

I noticed that it was missing from this years Yamato open Showroom so i asked some of the staff about it.

Apparently the one they had on display last year (and at the Gengaten exhibit earlier this year) is STILL the only test model they have - as such, it was also used at the FireBomber 2012 concerts by Fukuyama last weekend and hasnt been returned to yamato yet! lol.

As for a release date, they still refuse to commit to anything but I managed to get some vague comments that it would be nice if they could get something out mid-2013. Of course, no word at all on pricing yet.

So it looks like theres a fair wait ahead of us yet!

A minor, completely NOT official update on the guitars status.

I noticed that it was missing from this years Yamato open Showroom so i asked some of the staff about it.

Apparently the one they had on display last year (and at the Gengaten exhibit earlier this year) is STILL the only test model they have - as such, it was also used at the FireBomber 2012 concerts by Fukuyama last weekend and hasnt been returned to yamato yet! lol.

As for a release date, they still refuse to commit to anything but I managed to get some vague comments that it would be nice if they could get something out mid-2013. Of course, no word at all on pricing yet.

So it looks like theres a fair wait ahead of us yet!

Thanks for the update! Sounds fair that it's months away, seeing as how all the attention is around VF's and Figures at the moment. I remember when I first saw the one is Fire Bomber 2005 concert @Osaka, so it's been a long wait for me :p Question, should we make some kind of poll or list of people who are interested in it? Don't know how useful those really are.

Thanks for the update! Sounds fair that it's months away, seeing as how all the attention is around VF's and Figures at the moment. I remember when I first saw the one is Fire Bomber 2005 concert @Osaka, so it's been a long wait for me :p Question, should we make some kind of poll or list of people who are interested in it? Don't know how useful those really are.

I'd be interested in it, but I am not going to buy one. It's not a guitar I'd take out playing a gig, and I'm pretty sure there's many other guitars that are less priced that have better tone, sustain, etc, etc. I was debating this item for awhile now, and I just can't justify owning one. Resale on them will most likely be pretty bad, and aside from being a Macross item, IMO, it doesn't hold any other weight.