May'n's Unite Concert Tour 2011 - Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Si

vanpang

May'N would be having her Unite Asia Concert Tour at Shanghai, Goungzhou, Korea, Taiwan (27 May 2011), Hong Kong (29 may 2011) and Singapore (4 June 2011). Her concert would include songs from Macross F anime. Part of the proceeds of the Unite Concert would be donated to the Japan Red Cross to assist the victims affected by the recent earthquake and tsunami disaster. It is a good opprtunity for fans to have a good time and at the same time contribute to the relief of tsunami victims!

Here is the link to the Unite Asia Concert

http://mayn.asia/?utm_source=AFA+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=a02aa8fcae-May_n_UNITE_Asia_Tour_Singapore5_8_2011&utm_medium=email

May'N dance routine

http://pc.mayn.jp/information/index.html

A few Macross fans and myself would be heading to Singapore for the concert on 4 June 2011. If you like to meet up and join us for the concert in Singapore, please pm me. Her Singapore Concert VIP tickets have already been sold out, so get the normal tickets quick ! Let us unite for the people of Japan !!!

post-761-0-72505900-1306162676_thumb.jpg

post-761-0-25429800-1306162685_thumb.jpg

Seems that Singapore is the only country within Southeast Asia that has the most visitations by J-pop singers. Damn, it's going to be a pipe dream for me to see Megumi Nakajima make her mark in Manila.

Hey dude, don't give up yet. I am sure they would come 1 day. At least you guys have Alodia :) !

Looks like its shaping up to be a good tour!

She's has been pumping the upcoming Asia Tour on her Twitter recently too.

I gotta say - I love the logo design. Very cool. I hope she offers those tshirts for sale in Japan at some point.

Heres pre-tour message from May'n where she teaches how to do the 'XYZ' dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=YHeX6ItgXmA

Hey dude, don't give up yet. I am sure they would come 1 day. At least you guys have Alodia :) !

that alodia is a hottie. fortunately, she seems to come to singapore often enough

I think it is not allowed like most concerts.

dang, i was hoping it would be more like her last gig at anime expo where the staff saw me shooting but basically just told me not to use flash.

that alodia is a hottie. fortunately, she seems to come to singapore often enough

dang, i was hoping it would be more like her last gig at anime expo where the staff saw me shooting but basically just told me not to use flash.

Hey dude, you are absoutely right, I saw Alodia and her sister many times during the AFA anime festivals in Singapore, she and her sister are pretty friendly despite their popularity. I am not sure whether a "no photography" would be strictly enforced but then again I am not a staff member :lol:

Singapore looks like a beautiful city. I'd love to go there someday.

Why not kill 2 birds with one stone? Go for the concert and and enjoy the beautiful city at the same time! The world is scheduled to end in Dec 21 2012 (if it really does), that means there are a limited number of macross themed events that you can attend. From some of them who went to the concert in Guangzhou, the Macross Frontier songs are still there.

I can tell u they get the loudest cheering (I went to her BIG WAAAAVE concert) it's LIVE and it's awesome, just like the ones you see in Youtube. Another friend just bought his ticket yesterday night, so I would say that they're still available.

It's a chance to be : 'We, the lucky few. We brothers in arms'

And if the world should end any sooner, 'men will still say : This was their finest hour!'

Edited by VF25-F

• 3 weeks later...

Enjoyed the concert! 2 hours passed by like 30 minutes or less. Brounght a newbie to the concert and he was REALLY SURPRISED to see how the crowd reacted to May'n. Just like those you see in her youtubed ones. Just can't get enough of her. Got to go to a 3 hour one!!! The downside of a side B type concert is that you can only see her from very far away. On the side A ones you can see her clearly - her eyes were teary when everyone responded 1000% to her last encore number 'Phonic Nation'

There was even a really hilarious incident that happened to one of the fans as he went to the Guangzhou venue. It was fantastic how the fans there received him. Total strangers meeting for the first time and they just got along. On the day of the concert, they travel together and they even made a flag, which they proudly showed on the way to the venue.

Suddenly they were stopped by the RIOT POLICE! They thought they were protesters! And they were almost thrown into the lockup! The author commented 'There would have been a RIOT if the police did that'. I couldn't stop laughing at this point. I know May'n can certainly 'cause a riot' in the concert hall but outside, that something new!

Anyway, u can read the rest at http://ani-culture.net/2011/06/special-write-up-mayn-unite-tour-guangzhou/

Very well written. Make u wished u were there! RIOT and all!

Edited by VF25-F