Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

Can't comment about the Mighty Block stand... however...

I have my Fire Valk on the Valkyrie stand, and legs fully extended out in a neutral pose it aaalmost touches the bottom even with the stand set straight, of course in a mid-air pose you'd have the legs tucked a little in some kind of pose like I have mine and there's a bit of clearance.

Since I knew I couldn't sleep well tonight till I find out, I transformed the Kai in Battroid with the Sound Boosters.

It looked really good on the Valkyrie stand without being too high, though I'm still curious what Mighty Block owners would have to say. I mean, can it even support the overall weight?

I'm doing this since I'm thinking of getting a new cabinet and for sure I would want the Kai in Battroid with Sound Boosters display while on a flight stand for maximum display impact. The said combination would require at least 16 inches of vertical clearance, which will leave around 1 inch clearance after the Boosters are opened.

If folks really want to put their Fire Valk in an extreme/semi-extreme pose in Battroid mode with or without the Sound Booster, I recommend the black Valkyrie stand. It has a black textured surface instead of the glossy ones the other types have so there's less slippage.

He’s been asking that kind of questions in almost every single thread around so I don’t blame you for suspecting the guy of trying to troll…

Blah blah blah just because i am starting to get in the macross world doesnt mean u guys have to be so mean :( but now i dont need to ask questions since i know everything now.

I lied, I have another question, is there alot of release agent residue on the fire valkyrie that you remove? and if there is, will it mess up the gloss if it was soaked in water? very stupid question I know, sorry

I lied, I have another question, is there alot of release agent residue on the fire valkyrie that you remove? and if there is, will it mess up the gloss if it was soaked in water? very stupid question I know, sorry

the 19 does come with release agent. Wiping it off with a soft cloth, like a micro fiber or lens cleaning cloth will work just fine. No need to soak or scrub

The VF-19 I got had some residue, but it was VERY light, barely noticable to the untrained eye or skin. And no, with a very light rubbing over with some chem cloth and water, the residue came right off without any issue, and nothing happened to the paint/gloss of the toy either.

What I would avoid is using any alcohol based or organic compound based solutions, as these tend to eat through paint and even plastic, as well as avoid using regular tissue wipes, as they leave residue of their own on the toy.

sorry if this was asked before, but wanted to know if there is a chance the fire valk be re-released with the new fixes???

Yes, Yamato’s re releasing the Kai in late December 2011, I presume all the fixes will be there…

Preorders at AmiAmi: http://www.amiami.jp/shop/?set=english&vgForm=ProductInfo&sku=TOY-RBT-1463&template=default/product/e_display.html

There's a part on the leg that is also easy to snap that was reinforced in the new releases. Honestly though i haven't had much of an issue with mine. I watched the vids so I knew where that part was and how to look out for it. The first release isn't that bad but I know some people have had issues with it. It's has been a better release than many of their older ones. But even with those I haven't had many issues.

Is 250 shipped a good price?

IMHO I think that price is crazy for what I call a "naked" Valk. No armor, no packs. I have about 15 various Valks myself and the most expensive one I ever bought was $200 shipped and it had armor and packs included. I honestly don't know who to blame for the outrageous price- Yamato or the sellers :(

Gonna hold off on this until the price gets better.

Edited by zulu

Well, considering the cheapest you can find it at HLJ or Amiami is about $250 + shipping, $250 shipped is a fine price, IMO. Shipping alone is about $35 anyway.

Edited by pud333

IMHO I think that price is crazy for what I call a "naked" Valk. No armor, no packs. I have about 15 various Valks myself and the most expensive one I ever bought was $200 shipped and it had armor and packs included. I honestly don't know who to blame for the outrageous price- Yamato or the sellers :(

Gonna hold off on this until the price gets better.

can you imagine what the guy who collects 20$ transformers thinks of us?

I used to think paying $100 for a toy was certifiably insane...

Then the 1/48 VF-1s came out and I was like, "okay that is awesome, I'll just get one, just this one time."

Then the VF-1S came out and I thought "Gah, the VF-1S is what I really want." and so on.

It's that boiled frog syndrome.

Then the 1/48 VF-1s came out and I was like, "okay that is awesome, I'll just get one, just this one time."

Then the VF-1S came out and I thought "Gah, the VF-1S is what I really want." and so on.

Yeah, that was me too. I worked my way up to paying $200 for the 11C and armored Valk after being freaked out paying $100 to $120 for the regular VF-1's with and without Fast Packs. I just ordered the VF-19S and VF-17S without batting an eye...

Probably thinks we're nuts. But I would tell him "Don't knock it until you've bought one." Seriously, dollar for plastic, I think the Macross valks are so much more worth it than a $20 Transformer. Buying these valks have completely changed how I look at transforming robot toys. I now only collect Masterpiece Transformers. Can't be bothered with the deluxe and leader classes.

"Boiled frog syndrome"??????? :blink:

Probably thinks we're nuts. But I would tell him "Don't knock it until you've bought one." Seriously, dollar for plastic, I think the Macross valks are so much more worth it than a $20 Transformer. Buying these valks have completely changed how I look at transforming robot toys. I now only collect Masterpiece Transformers. Can't be bothered with the deluxe and leader classes.

I like my big, crazy-expensive Japanese toys but I still find it fun to buy $15 transformers.

I think there is some confusion to my previous post. I never said I collected $20 transformers, as a matter of fact I don't own any. I have only collected Yamato Valks for about 5 years and I have a pretty good collection myself. In my opinion it seems like the pass couple of years the cost of new additions have gone up, however the size and plastic parts have not changed that much. All of us who admit it or not have a certain amount that they feel is too much and mine is $200 for a bare Valk and $250 max for a loaded one.

Alexd- I guess I should have added that for some people no amount is too much because as long as you get what you want it doesn't really matter. I personally love all my Yamies and will enjoy them forever. Good luck with your Kai.

PS: you know if I pick up a Kai for $200 I'm going to brag about it :)

I think there is some confusion to my previous post. I never said I collected $20 transformers, as a matter of fact I don't own any. I have only collected Yamato Valks for about 5 years and I have a pretty good collection myself. In my opinion it seems like the pass couple of years the cost of new additions have gone up, however the size and plastic parts have not changed that much. All of us who admit it or not have a certain amount that they feel is too much and mine is $200 for a bare Valk and $250 max for a loaded one.

I don't think anyone was saying you were the guy who collects $20 transformers. Eugimon was speaking of a hypothetical situation where someone who collects inexpensive transformers happens to come to these boards and sees people paying hundreds of dollars for transforming toys.

I don't think anyone was saying you were the guy who collects $20 transformers. Eugimon was speaking of a hypothetical situation where someone who collects inexpensive transformers happens to come to these boards and sees people paying hundreds of dollars for transforming toys.

Thank you.

Hmmm... I think perhaps if there was any confusion it was on my behalf. I thought since Eugimon took my "quote" it was directed towards me, however after re-reading his comment I believe you are correct.

My apologies to Eugimon :)