Yamato 1/60 VF-19 Fire Valkyrie (v2.0)

I finally got mine and I was really impressed by it. I love how everything was solid in each mode and the box' size was really practical. It's a good thing I saw it on a local hobby store since I wanted to get it on Amiami's sale price (only I couldn't because of the recent exchange rates).

The left ankle on mine gets a little loose on some angles but it's not really a problem in Battroid mode. After all, I don't like making too much outrageous poses with my Valks. I still could get used to posing Gerwalk, though, since I find it to easily lose balance due to the design of the Valk itself. I could make it stand, but I don't know if it can really hold an aggresive A-stance with the nose really pointing down with just a tiny space from the surface.

Nonetheless this is definitely my toy of the year. I love the Fire Valkyrie a lot and Yamato did the best to make me a satisfied fanboy.

congrats on the purchase bro... did you get the one at GT Festi?

i'm still playing the waiting game myself... :rolleyes: ...wating for the 19P.

nope, I actually got it from their Makati branch which was totally unexpected. I just went there because a toy buyer was going to be late and I decided to take a stroll there while waiting.

I would say you would be in for a nice treat with the 19P. This is one already outstanding and I can't wait to see how better the 19P could be (Yamato usually does some minor tweaks, right?)

I myself am waiting for the VF-19P. Not sure if I'd be excited to get the sound boosters for this one since I prefer to display it in fighter mode (probably until I get a proper cab that can accomodate a Battroid).

nope, I actually got it from their Makati branch which was totally unexpected. I just went there because a toy buyer was going to be late and I decided to take a stroll there while waiting.

I would say you would be in for a nice treat with the 19P. This is one already outstanding and I can't wait to see how better the 19P could be (Yamato usually does some minor tweaks, right?)

I myself am waiting for the VF-19P. Not sure if I'd be excited to get the sound boosters for this one since I prefer to display it in fighter mode (probably until I get a proper cab that can accomodate a Battroid).

ahh... i've been eyeing the one at Festi for quite awhile... hehe.

mind PMing me the price Malvs gave it to you for? :)

you might change your mind about the sound boosters once you successfully sell off your other "stuff"... :rolleyes:

Edited by m0n5t3r

What's the most you'd pay for an online exclusive set of Sound Boosters with working speakers?

Keep in mind the 9,800 yen MSRP. :mellow:

It shouldn't be more expensive than an Ipod Nano which is $134.95 on Amazon.com

Ipod Nano $134.95 VS. VF-19 Sound Booster (Not working speakers) $128 :ph34r:

Imaginary working VF-19 Sound Booster Specs:

- No screen

- Micro speakers (15-25mm Diameter Max)

http://www.speaker-tw.com/manufacturer/speaker/mylar%20speaker/as-1550e08-a6w.htm

- Connection cable for Ipod docks, hi-fi sets etc.

- Play, Stop and Pause buttons

- ROM filled with random Fire Bomber albums (1GB Max) :)

dq67ix.jpg

Edited by charger69

ahh... i've been eyeing the one at Festi for quite awhile... hehe.

mind PMing me the price Malvs gave it to you for? :)

you might change your mind about the sound boosters once you successfully sell off your other "stuff"... :rolleyes:

That will remain to be seen. The Sound Boosters would be easier to save up for so I'm really more keen in saving up for the next 19 variant.

Since my Hi-metal is on display with the Sound Boosters, it somewhat gives me that "okay for now" vibe.

Anyway I'm still sure to get the Yammie Sound Boosters, though I'm not sure if I would display them attached to the Fire Valk in Battroid or in a separate flying pose.

It's just so hard to decide on my part since I really prefer Fighter mode the most, but the Fire Valk just rocks in Battroid too.

The Lightning and UN Spack kites are Tampo printed.

This thing is increadibly detailed and lots of fun. I mean really well detailed. Lt's of love went into the design, just like the Fire Valk.

Fits well in both Battroid and Fighter mode.

Puts Bandai's 1/100 version to shame.

If you like the Fire Valk, this is a must have accessory.

Unfortunately, it doesn't play music though.

Graham

It shouldn't be more expensive than an Ipod Nano which is $134.95 on Amazon.com

Ipod Nano $134.95 VS. VF-19 Sound Booster (Not working speakers) $128 :ph34r:

Imaginary working VF-19 Sound Booster Specs:

- No screen

- Micro speakers (15-25mm Diameter Max)

http://www.speaker-tw.com/manufacturer/speaker/mylar%20speaker/as-1550e08-a6w.htm

- Connection cable for Ipod docks, hi-fi sets etc.

- Play, Stop and Pause buttons

- ROM filled with random Fire Bomber albums (1GB Max) :)

dq67ix.jpg

And how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of units do you think apple will sell of the nano versus the hundreds or maybe thousands of the of the boosters?

Or do you think that this is also a valid comparison?

post-19-0-72239300-1314238300_thumb.jpg

It's just so hard to decide on my part since I really prefer Fighter mode the most, but the Fire Valk just rocks in Battroid too.

Well then you are in luck as the Soundbooster set includes an attachment piece to attach the Soundbooster very securely in fighter mode. Looks great as well.

FYI, this was not originally planned by Yamato, but Kawamori-san requested it be added at the last mminute (well a couple of months ago).

Graham

Well then you are in luck as the Soundbooster set includes an attachment piece to attach the Soundbooster very securely in fighter mode. Looks great as well.

FYI, this was not originally planned by Yamato, but Kawamori-san requested it be added at the last mminute (well a couple of months ago).

Graham

That’s quite interesting. I hope such an imposition works well and doesn’t lead Yamato to bankruptcy in case they don’t sell enough for any reason… :p

And how many hundreds of thousands, if not millions of units do you think apple will sell of the nano versus the hundreds or maybe thousands of the of the boosters?

Or do you think that this is also a valid comparison?

post-19-0-72239300-1314238300_thumb.jpg

Real robot anime forums are always too realistic :p Am I complaining? No :)

Edited by charger69

Graham

So does the sound booster attach in a different fashion between Fighter and Battroid or is my reading comprehension getting worse and worse? Also, how does it attach (if you're allowed to say.)

So does the sound booster attach in a different fashion between Fighter and Battroid or is my reading comprehension getting worse and worse? Also, how does it attach (if you're allowed to say.)

Yes, they attach in different ways. I understand there are a couple of extra pieces for attachment to the tail fin roots in fighter mode.

It feels like the VF-19 Kai is the most carefully, lovingly crafted valk toy to date...too bad I cannot convince myself to like the design yet, and I don't hate Basara at all. Seems I am missing out but I am sure my wallet thanks me, for now (I have other plans for it)

It feels like the VF-19 Kai is the most carefully, lovingly crafted valk toy to date...too bad I cannot convince myself to like the design yet, and I don't hate Basara at all. Seems I am missing out but I am sure my wallet thanks me, for now (I have other plans for it)

I have no problems with the design at all, not my favorite color scheme by a long shot though.....

Did the Sound Boosters attach to the Fire Valkyrie in fighter mode at any one point in Macross 7? Not really nitpicking, just curious.

Yes...one or two times.

An eagle eyed MW'er posted photos of it a few pages ago.

This is what can be seen so far (in green):

post-12283-0-81600000-1314644866_thumb.jpg

Interesting. Obviously Yamato had to come up with something since Kawamori asked for it after the fact. I was hoping there would be a way to use these to rig up some extra fast packs from one of my VF-11C's like some of the pics in the Master File but it looks like the attachments are a little too far back. Oh well.

Here's some quick fighter mode pics I snapped this this morning with my phone camera.

The Sound Booster attaches very securely in fighter mode, no problem doing barrrek rolls and looks great as well in my opinion.

Hmm........just noticed one of the top blue covers on the sound booster wasn't closed all the way. That's my fault not the toys, they close and fit very well.

Graham

post-11-0-67590600-1314667649_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-25365200-1314667652_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-37181000-1314667655_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-66870200-1314667657_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-42009800-1314667665_thumb.jpg