Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

For me accurate proportions are important too, but I think the gimmick adds value to it. Just to say "this was possible we are advancing from toys of the past."

You know how in japan they built a life sized gundam statue? I kinda wish they did that for a macross valkyrie in robot mode. And inside the statue were all the gimmicks that we saw in the show like the seat being flippable and the pilot being allowed to come out from the top of the robot and little details like that. Bigger things mean your eyes can see more details. A valkyrie and destroid would be smaller than a life size gundam but I reckon it would look better. (make the gunpod workable but no ammo inside it)

A life sized vf-25 statue should be built imo.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For me accurate proportions are important too, but I think the gimmick adds value to it. Just to say "this was possible we are advancing from toys of the past."

You know how in japan they built a life sized gundam statue? I kinda wish they did that for a macross valkyrie in robot mode. And inside the statue were all the gimmicks that we saw in the show like the seat being flippable and the pilot being allowed to come out from the top of the robot and little details like that. Bigger things mean your eyes can see more details. A valkyrie and destroid would be smaller than a life size gundam but I reckon it would look better. (make the gunpod workable but no ammo inside it)

A life sized vf-25 statue should be built imo.

That would be awesome! IMO they should make all 3 modes and make the cockpit controls all work. Does the seat rotate on the VF-25?

Every time I see there's a new post in this thread I open it like a little boy screaming in anticipation I'll see pics of a prototype :ph34r:

Still nothing <_<

LOL, same here. At least the landing gear debate was squashed.

what would be truly awesome is a life-size (1:1 scale) VF in fighter mode....... without landing gears. :rolleyes:

That's fine. Especially in Gerwalk. :D

VF-17D? does it say there on the poster (the writing) or did you just infer that from the number of antennae/head lasers on the silhouette? ... i remember Graham saying here on this thread that it would be the S first before the D.

...i'm not complaining... i prefer the D also.

Edited by m0n5t3r

I've counted antennas :)

As a marketing point of view:

Why to release first the "updated" version of a product?

I don't know but Yamato has always brought out the VF-1S before the VF-1J/A, and they brought out the VF-0S before the A, etc.

I'm not sure which one I like better, but I can probably only afford one.

Yamato is clearly using the VF-17 lineart, but I wish they're just building expectation for this release and not inferring they'll go for that "defying the law of gravity" gerwalk stance.

If they get the VF-17 to stand like that cool, but I personally still want the legs to keep the ability to bend forward to get the nose down ;)

I don't know but Yamato has always brought out the VF-1S before the VF-1J/A, and they brought out the VF-0S before the A, etc.

I'm not sure which one I like better, but I can probably only afford one.

With the 1/60's VF-1 ver 1 and the 1/48's Yamato started with Hikaru's VF-1A ;)

EDIT: Graham confirmed it's going to be the S first.

I'm in for all the VF-17 versions and I'll try to buy at least two of each, barring any financial catastrophy :D

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

I know Yamato hurry the F*ck up!!!

The suspense is killing me, I am to the point where I am being distracted by all the rumblings over in the Bandai Macross camp.

And Graham........ please don't tease us and talk about photos unless you can share.

Edited by Loop

With the 1/60 Yamato pending how many M7 Bandai's are going to find their way to the dumpster? :blink:

If they are dumpster bound, all I can say is "What the F**K, don't chuck!"

I am sure they could find a home for the cost of shipping and handing.

And Graham........ please don't tease us and talk about photos unless you can share.

I don't know about you, but I like knowing that it is coming along nicely, even if I can't see it.