Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force

I'm definitely going to get a 17D and, as expensive as it is, I'm going to take it apart, paint all the grey more of a charcoal grey, and really make this guy stealthy! I'll post pics when I'm done.

And it's not like I have all this expendable income. I've sold most my valks and just kept a few VF-1's and SV-51's, but The 17D is one of my favs... and I need my stealth to be stealthy.

Hey Graham while you have Yamato's # maybe you should tell them that the gunpod have twist and lock feature, or simply make tab thicker or grooved on the tip tobe able lock in. Every damn time I pose my 17S it keeps coming apart. And to add another suggestion, the tabs that keep the legs attached to the back plate of the toy in fighter mode, should be longer to keep it locked in. The reason I'm suggesting this improvement, is because when I stow the the gunpod into the legs, they keep separating the legs from the back plate of the 17 every time I pick it up. I discovered this as I was forced to remove them.

I don't even bother stowing the gunpod internally anymore and I'm actually thinking of gluing the two halves together.

Just a note for anybody posting comparison pics or comments for things for Yamato to improve upon.

Don't bother posting screenshots/stills from the anime!

Yamato will only consider Kawamori's lineart as reference material, not the actual animation due to inconsitancies in the animation.

Graham

Yamato will only consider Kawamori's lineart as reference material, not the actual animation due to inconsitancies in the animation.

Well, nothing like getting your design direction straight from the source. I'm glad SK is willing to work with these companies. After all these years, it has to be a neat experience for him to see his designs fully realized so accurately in toy form, Bandai's V.1 VF-25 notwithstanding.

I didn't panic. Just an observation. Also, I don't really care about canon especially in regards to anything Macross 7, since the only thing I like about that show is the Mech Designs (minus Basara's Valk which i find to be an eye-sore.) I can make my S do whatever I want, piloted by whoever I choose to make up. It could be like that episode of Dr Who where everyone on earth turns into The Master only instead every single pilot in every single Valk is me. I'm flying them all at the same time complete with an S in Battroid with Super Packs on.

... It could be like that episode of Dr Who where everyone on earth turns into The Master only instead every single pilot in every single Valk is me. I'm flying them all at the same time complete with an S in Battroid with Super Packs on.

Looks like you’re smoking really good stuff :p

This isn't the fanfiction thread.

So I'll make an observation that you will probably have to remove the back boosters to transform it just because it looks like they'd interfere (like Speedwagon) from untabbing the forearms.

Not that I mind since playing dress up with robots is a key part of this hobby.

This isn't the fanfiction thread.

So I'll make an observation that you will probably have to remove the back boosters to transform it just because it looks like they'd interfere (like Speedwagon) from untabbing the forearms.

Not that I mind since playing dress up with robots is a key part of this hobby.

Graham already said you'd have to remove the leg boosters between transformations. Removing the back as well doesn't bother me any. I'd just like to see it in all three modes with the Packs on.

But on the toy, they will have to be removed from the wings and placed back on the legs.

Graham

Mmmm, I can see the necessity of removing the back parts in order to be able to release the arms, but I can’t imagine a reason for doing the same with the leg parts yet… :unsure:

Mmmm, I can see the necessity of removing the back parts in order to be able to release the arms, but I can’t imagine a reason for doing the same with the leg parts yet… :unsure:

seriously. What's the point of that huge slot with it's pain in the @$$ deployment system if you just have to take it on and off anyways? Should have just thrown a magnet or two on and called it a day.

Because in fighter mode, the leg packs attach to the underside of the wings. Have you not looked at the lineart?

Graham

Well do they have the hinge like the line art so they can just swing back into the proper place?

That hidden slot is pretty beefy so it could allow someone to hinge the leg packs.

Hinge = ABS + pin = breakage

Seriously, I think they might have trouble figuring out how to swing that leg pack out then attach them under wings unless they do double hinges.

Where is that gif... :p

But u know... Yamato... they're a professional company, with years of experience - each new macross release incrementally better than the previous in quality and engineering - I think they know what they're doing, U know, just sayin'...

Have faith.

Because in fighter mode, the leg packs attach to the underside of the wings. Have you not looked at the lineart?

Graham

:huh:

Actually, I’m asking that because I have looked at the line art. The line art shows a hinge so the leg parts can swing from the underside of the wings to the outer side of the legs in a very simple way.

The VF-17 toys have big slots for the SP connection and I thought hinges similar to those of the line art would easily do the job.

Unless, as I understand you are implying, the leg parts are poorly engineered.